Why are there more attractive girls on GAG than guys?

Like most girls on GAG are very attractive/cute/hot, most guys on GAG are pretty meh. Don't get me wrong, there sure are some attractive guys here but they are very rare. Almost all girls here are pretty. Why the fuck is that? Why aren't there more cute guys on GAG? I'm not trying to offend anyone I'm just curious.

Most Helpful Girl

What Guys Said 111

• WHO CARES SINCE gifrific.com/.../spongebob-ugly-and-proud.gif *Cries in the corner of the Mistcave now ><*

• The guys actually strike me as a representative sample of what I see walking around the streets. Some ripped some fat... Just a mix. Only a few with a great face.

The girls seem much better looking than average as a group.

I'm not sure how much this is:
    -careful makeup/filter/angle/selfie skills
    -attractive girls posting their pic MUCH more often than average girls.
    -catfish who are more often though not always female.

• the first 2 reasons probably.

• there are plenty of catfish on here. trust me

• cause you gurls be bomb

• "Oh no, I'm surrounded by attractive girls... what a nightmare"

I don't see the problem here lol

• I stole all the male attractiveness.

• One thing I notice about girls: they CONSTANTLY gas each other up. "OMG, you're like SOOOOO prettyyyyyy!" "OMG, no, YOU'RE so pretty!!!" Just continuously pumping each other's tires. And half the time I'm thinking to myself, "wellllll... neither one of you is really all that." I think there's also "girl-pretty" and "guy-pretty." Obviously it's all subjective, but on average, I feel like the women that other women regard highly for their looks aren't always what guys are looking for. It's a bit of an outdated reference, but I remember girls all over the place in the late 90s sweated Gwyneth Paltrow. Meanwhile, she doesn't move the needle for any guy I know. Apparently Brad Pitt liked her enough, but I feel like that's part of it. Women loved Brad Pitt, so obviously anyone he's with must be hot, right? But I see ZERO sex appeal in her. I'm trying to think of a more modern example. I guess maybe Taylor Swift? Some dudes actually like her, but I and many other guys are thoroughly unimpressed. My girlfriend watches that Grey's Anatomy show, and I couldn't get over how lopsidedly better looking the men in that show are compared to the women. Almost all of the women are SUPER average, but they're hooking up with these prettyboy dudes, who are successful doctors to boot? I'm watching and I'm like "that dude should have a WAY hotter girlfriend."😆 Even myself, I have guy friends who talk about me like I'm Adonis himself, and that's not really something guys do with each other, we're usually mean and degrading to each other, haha. One kid is always telling me I get better looking every time he sees me, this other circle of friends often refer to me as Kid Gorgeous, haha. But I think your average girl would see me and just be like "yeah, he's aight..." at best. So there's that. And also, pretty girls nowadays make a career out of taking selfies, they CAN'T WAIT to get those IG likes, haha. Us guys aren't about that. So even if we look good, we put it out there less, usually.

• Lol the beginning is so true xD
      I see some girls asking for rates that aren't all that... and the girls are like "You're so perfect, I wish I had your eyebrows etc..." I'm just laughing it up hahaha

• @bubble_tea Don't take it personally, for my money, you have the best looking avi in the game. So cute and furry. Maybe a mani-pedi is in order if we're splitting hairs, but still 10/10๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘

• OH MY GOSH! Thank you 🙈 but no, you have the best looking avi! I wish I had your eyebrows 😻 Sadly, I cannot afford a mani-pedi. Though if you have a foot fetish, I have an offer for you: if you do my mani, you are allowed to touch my perfectly furry feet to do a pedi too 😆

• Filters, makeup, and because well, I believe women are more beautiful than men xD
    Also I feel like men tend to give less shits about how they look, I mean, it's more probable that an ugly posts a picture, than it is for a woman. Women are harsher towards their appearance than men, so if they believe they're ugly they're not gonna post a picture.

• Do you give not too many shits about how you look too? Cause if so somehow u still manage to be one of the hot ones on here

• I took this one before going out, and I like to take my time to always look great when going out, so maybe I wasn't the best example of "not giving too many shits" xD
      But anyways, thanks a lot for the compliment ;)

• Cause most girls are insecure and need advice where as only "ugly guys" are as insecure and clueless about love and relationships.

• I think it's because as you are straight, you have a lower standard for women than you do for men. I personally don't find the majority of girls here attractive (sorry!) but the ones that ARE attractive REALLY are attractive.

That's just how it is, that's how people select partners based on physical attraction, after all.

• I'm not exactly straight, I'm bi-curious so

• all women are, and bi curious is a semantically useless word it contradicts itself in it's own definition, bi curious=bisexual anyway

• Girls are more self cautious than guys. So girls who don't think they are attractive will not put pics of themselves up. Hence there are MANY girls with no pics while you'l rarely see a guy with no pic. In most cases, girls who think they are attractive and confident enough with their looks will tend to put their pics up. That's why whenever you see a girl's pic, she's attractive.

Also, hi :)

• maybe u r attracted 2 girls?

• A little bit but I'm way more attracted to guys

• Women have evolved to be prettier than guys. As more and more women prefer looks over power, security and wealth in guy we'll evolve too lolololol

• Because girls in general are better looking human beings. Also, why would a good looking confident guy be on GaG? Think about it. They would laugh at this and just troll. Girls yea I understand. They like to talk and express feelings about relationship/dating stuff

• Women have makeup and more clothing options than men to make them look better. Also women are more likely to make sure they have the right lighting when the photo is taken, and to even Photoshop their picture more often than the men are. This is actually why attractive women are constantly feeling ugly. Women are competing against an unrealistic idea of how women look.

• Just a not so pretty meh guy passing by.

• Because me thinks girls are more attractive than guys :D

• I've heard this before but I think it's pretty subjective. We all have varying tastes right? Maybe you personally usually want to know the person before you're attracted. Maybe women tend to just be more attractive.

• 3|4
  • I refute that comment there are some stunning men on this site that @KDA20 is gorgeous ( damn meant to go anon !! )

• Did... did you just call me meh? I'll have you know that I'm the handsomest fucking beaver on this site!

• Oh my gosh I laughed so hard at this.

• You're meh until we get a legit selfie 😠

• @linkywinky just use your imagination

• how in the flying fuck does this get 100 replies in 2 hours? lmao.

Anyhow... we do our best, your grace

• I was very surprised too

• LOL I did if i'm right but at the time I was a "GAG Noob" so i didn't pay attention ><

• @mistninja314

ah right. Well just keep spamming them opinions man ^_^

• There's lots of good looking dudes here. Maybe they just don't flaunt it as much?

• I think you might have it wrong. I think me and my buds on this site are all a bunch of smokin' dudes!

• A girl saying other girls are attractive.
    Well buddy , I got news for you , or "olds" .

• I'm not a lesbian if that's what you're saying

• Girls can tell if people are attractive without being actually attracted to them lol it's a super power! :)

• I find girls hot all the time but I'm straight. We don't call each homosexuals like guys do. It isn't weird for us to find each other attractive.

• Because God hates you.

• Because guys are not attractive at all. We are really unattractive esp compared to women that are so beautiful that even women can look at a woman and say "she is pretty". it is just the way it is.
    Nobody looks at a naked guy and goes "wow... nice"
    but a naked woman... yowza...

• 'chat sites' such as this are like p*rn for women. For men, 'real' p*rn appeals to pretty much all of us, but only a small subset of women. 'chat porn' appeals to all women, but only a small subset of men.

are those subsets prone to being less attractive relative to the whole? In the case of men, at least, it seems so.

anyway, yeah, I doubt too many girls have their real photo..

• There's no accounting for taste.

• I first heard that quote from a retired CPA. Great guy, funny quote in context.

• Because guys are rated on a different scale the girls. blog.okcupid.com/.../
    blog.okcupid.com/.../
    the average guy is not considered "average" by most girls, but the average girl is considered "average" by most guys.

• I suspect guys have their real pictures up and many girls do not.

• More from Guys
    81

What Girls Said 49

• The girls are better at photoshop.

• First of all, I don't come on here to see how attractive everyone is. So, I don't really pay attention to that.

Second, for all the attractive girls on here that you say you see on here, especially the ones that look like they just step out off a magazine. What are the odds, that's what they really look like?

Third, I have seen many attractive guys on here and I'm friends with some them but not for that reason.

Fourth, I know this is just a question but why does it matter who's attractive and who's not? Who really cares, this is a place of questions and an answers not a place to find someone to have a one night stand with. So, why does it really matter. That's also just a question.

I just ask because I see questions on here like that a lot and I don't know why anyone cares. It's like asking why the sky is blue, why the grass is green, why life has to suck so much. It just is what it is, so there really is no answer to that question. Also, what YOU might consider not attractive when you see a guy, other women might disagree. So, maybe this place is filled with attractive men but they're not the kind of attractive you need them to be in order to view them as such. Just a thought

• I for one think there's lots of hot guys on here.

• Because there are some scary ass hippos that are really good at makeup and working the camera angle and filters. Dudes come as they are more often than not.

• hey that's not true, there are a lot of attractive guys here on GAG! :D

• 1) More girls post pictures of themselves on here than guys... probably to raise self esteem/use this as a dating site or something, I don't know, different reasons for different people.

2) Girls have the tendency to have lower self-esteem than guys-- feeling insecure most of the time. This would cause them to find pictures of hot girls on the internet and claim the picture they find to be them... Which is not true. And by using that picture, they would gain more attention.

3) Girls care more about editing their pictures to look "beautiful".

• because us uglies never post a picture.

• This site definitely does have a crap ton of pretty girls. Sheesh. I've seen some pretty handsome guys too, but it just seems to be more female users period.

• There are lots of good looking guys on here... Sometimes you just gotta look beyond spots on the pics... Sandwich their personality with their looks and you get a lovely person...😊

• What? Women take personality into account? I am so screwed! I was hoping to get by on my looks alone. :(

• Lol!! Well you'd be the best judge of that !! And how do you go with just yr looks alone? 😜🌟😜🌟😜🌟😜🌟😜🌟

• 1|2
  • Maybe because there are more girls or maybe girls tend to take it good selfies~~ there are good looking people, both girls and guys

• I've seen some pretty attractive guys on here

• I have noticed that the best looking guys in GaG never post pics. You'll be surprised how good looking some guys are.

• Might be due to women tend to use social media's more often than men do? Which I think that might be more due to men don't care to much about them as much as most women do.

http://www.entrepreneur.com/article/231970

www.pewinternet.org/.../

• You mean the doe-eyed, duck-facing selfies? Yeah. Real hot.
    *eyeroll*

• Isn't this just a way of life?

Women are just visually more attractive in general.
    An attractive man is rare (to the eye of the beholder) compared to how many pretty girls there are.
    Or maybe I'm just more lesbian than I thought. ha!

• I think the visual affects of a women's beauty is just the attention grabber, the real Beauty begins to show itself when she speaks and tells her story. The things she's into or the goals she hopes to accomplish. That's where the real beauty is. God forbid she says let's go get drunk because she then becomes as beautiful as a pile of dog crap on someone's lawn. 😒 women can be such soft, beautiful stunning creatures, from the way she says a mans name to the way she rubs her finger tips doen the side of his face and smiles when she gazes into his eyes. It's like a form of hypnosis😍😛 lol I'm just playin!

• Maybe girls on this site have more reason to be here. I mean, being harassed all the time because of how they look... it can cause personal instability to have random people harassing you sexually/emotionally/physically. Pretty girls just tend to be a target.

• You think guys don't get harassed for how they look? You know how many times I've gotten the whole "you aren't a man you're only 5'6" talk?

• My fiancee is 5'2"... 4" shorter than me... I never said that men don't get harassed for how they look... It's just more common for women to have that "pervy-uncle" that makes them uncomfortable about themselves. And it is more common for women to be self conscious at younger ages. I mean have you seen a Barbie doll? Or a Bratz doll?

• Anyone who Shows a Profile pix, is the Pick of the Crop, Girl Or... Guy. xx

• There are quite a few attractive guys on here. At least from what I have noticed anyway.

• eh,... who really gives a damn!

• Because guys don't approach gorgeous women. Men tend to have issues and lose confidence. That's probably what brings those girls here

• Lmao poor guys

• ok so i don't really think its true.. most people on GAG have fake profile pics on here so...

• Girls want to post pics for compliments.

• Women do more things to make themselves look more appealing. Make-up, exercise, photoshop etc. In my current photo, I'm makeup free about to go on my morning jog at the park. No shame #nofilter

• My gym is 80% men.

• @Tokana I'm not surprised. Most women like Fitness classes, jogging, and go to exclusively female gyms. I personally hate the gym. I run/jog/walk 8 miles a day for 4 days a week and do Zumba fitness :-)

• ahahah I agree!! I feel like all the girls are very pretty, and the cute guys are helpful, but the not so cute ones are the creepy ones, who always send the weird messages

• Are they creepy because they're not good looking or is that just a coincidence?

• @JSmuve I think it's just a coincidence, sometimes the unattractive ones are nice, and helpful, then things kind of take a turn towards the awkward... That's just been my experience. There's been a few attractive guys who have been creepy but otherwise it's usually been the unattractive ones

• The phone camera enhances girls beauty by 2 extra brownie point.

• Girls take better photos of themselves.

• Women have been getting more attractive over the centuries whereas men have largely stayed the same.

• Nope. Guys are more attractive than girls on GAG. I think. :/

• More from Girls
    19