Do others expect something out of good looking people?

i've been told all my life that i'm attractive, and all the time people throw in little comments about my looks. i hear girls whisper when i pass, and sometimes a girl will even come up to me and tell me to my face. its quite nice.

but sometimes i feel as though people expect more from me. they expect my personality to be a certain way and what not. is this true? and sometimes i even think people automatically get the impression that i'm better than them

Most Helpful Girl

• Hard to say. Everyone makes a lot of unconscious assumptions when they first meet someone, but most people don't let that stick once they get to know you. It's also more of a sliding scale unique to each person as for whether they would immediately think of your attractiveness as the predominant feature. I mean I'm clearly not a "ten" or anything but I've gotten the feeling that people just meeting me assume I'm cold or haughty when I'm just shy and introverted.
    Also, in terms of girls seeing a hot guy, it's probably similar to a guy seeing a hot girl. They may assume you know you have a wide selection of girls, wonder if you look down on people not to your standards, and try not to get their hopes up by thinking things like "he's too attractive to be straight." <-- not that they actual assume that, but just keep it in mind as a possibility. Also, some people may assume that to some extent you've gotten by on your looks, or that you're superficial because you haven't suffered much adversity.

• oh wow ur really cute

What Girls Said 2

• You are held to a different standard, than others, yes.
    That's not your fault or theirs. That's just what society reinforces.

• They think your life is perfect.

What Guys Said 5

• no, looks don't affect character, that's just pop culture bullshit.

• good sex.

that's my take

• I know that feel, OP.

• They might think you're gay. Not being a troll here. It's possible you try hard with your appearance. This question isn't something a straight guy would ask either.

It be that simple.

• nah its a legit concern a handsome man would have, something you would know nothing about bruh

• I think you should just "come out". Again, your narcissism reeks of homosexuality.

And if that's your thing, I'm not going to judge.

• Yeah they expect you to be a good person.