Why do you go Anonymous?

Why is it that so many people post and answer question as Anonymous?

Most Helpful Girl

• I normally don't, I think i've only asked one question anonymously before and I considered asking one anonymously the other day because it involved pms and I don't really want that on here but whatever lol.

A lot of people have talked to people and made friends with people on this site as well and maybe they just don't want to ask/answer personal questions for that reason. Maybe they used a username that someone they know may recognize and everything is on the internet forever so they may not feel comfortable with it, who knows. I personally don't use it much but I have no problem with other people doing it.

• I have no problem either but like you said some people I would like to be friends with on here because either I like their question or their answer!

• thank you!

What Guys Said 21

• I generally don't go anon. However, I maintain an open profile i. e. anyone can message me privately etc. So when I'm saying something that is outspoken (but courteous) and bound to create a debate that isn't productive with those who have radical beliefs I prefer going anon :)

• I don't. fuck if I know why others do hahaa.

actually... I do know why some do..

some reasons stated; they don't want anyone stalking them, which still happens even as anon.

they simply are more comfortable being anon

they can truly express their opinion, not in an abusive way

that's how people responded when I asked.

• well, I have something of an "internet persona" I try to maintain - it's not that I'm fake or anything: contrarily it's that I attempt to be my truest self. But if I'm about to post something that's out of character - something I don't really care about but what to appear to - then I'll go anonymous. It's just for the sake of consistency.

• I don't ever go Anonymous I have no fear of downvotes.

• I would say 40% trolling, 50% personal reasons and 10% why not. I have not gone anon yet.

• I often never do.. unless I want to comment something stupid or ask something really stupid, I don't ever anon.

• I never go anonymous.

I genuinely do not care what others think of me; I do not care if someone will recognize me; I do not care if someone will get offended by what I have to say.

• Some questions / answers are sensitive or embarrassing to say

• but isn't that really why we are all here to able to ask and give opinions or suggestions to the questions - shouldn't be embarrassed

• There is plenty of haters, judgmental people
      so many have came on my Opinions and made
      rude comments i don't take haters easy.

• I don't I don't mind if people know who I am or if they pm me I have nothing to hide hell I love being an open book and answering questions that make people uncomfortable lol

• I never do... I don't think I say bad things so no need to do that

Can understand people do it when they answer or ask very personal things but why they do it by an innocent question is a mystery to me

• I don't care I guess they have their reasons. You're pretty by the way.

• I do sometimes but not most of the time

• afraid to show identity

• cowardice.

• They want to say something ignorant.

• they are too afraid to show xD

• I dont.
    My opinions , i am not afraid to show them. Cuz i am who i am BITCHEZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ !

• I've never posted anonymously on here.

• 0|0
  • I don't know, the same reason you only allow messages from followings only, maybe?

• I do it when:

I need to say something important but know I'm going to get hate for it.
    Want to talk about sexuality but don't want the world to know about my experience or tendencies

Basically, I think before I post: "If I wanted to run for presidency some day, would this opinion hurt my chances of being elected, then I decide whether or not to check that Anonymous checkbox."

What Girls Said 11

• i have NO idea. but i have seen some tough questions and ones that may make them feel like a 'pervert' when answered truthfully. so that may be a component, i do not know. i answer things openly and honestly. and i have seen that MANY who answer the 'black/white' racial dating questions as 'anon'... due to close minded views. so on THOSE questions i'll assume they are ashamed of their views and don't want to lose 'ranking points' on some site on the interwebz. go figure right?

• In the age of surveillance, who doesn't wanna? Creepy to have an eye all over you from everywhere.

But mainly, you don't want people you know who are also around the site or can possibly visit and think it's you cos you use the same username every darned where esle, to know you're asking something or have a diff opinion and then be the market for gossip from biyatches and friggidongs.
    et voila.

• I only go Anon on really personal or super sexual questions. For the latter, it's nice to be able to answer a question without getting creepy messages afterwards.

• i get judged for my age but still want real advice so i will sometimes use anonoymous to get better answers

• Probably they don't want there significant other to see somethings they write or answer

• Honestly I have never figured that one out.

• Beeeeecause... I'm a TV presenter and some of the things I say are pretty dodgy haha...

• Because sometimes they don't feel confident enough? I don't know

• I don't know, I just like being anon here.

• Because no one can guess how I am.
    http://oi60.tinypic.com/xpbvc7.jpg

• Helps to keep people unbiased...

• how does it keep you unbiased?

• No, it keeps others unbiased. So many people here judge answers/questions based on who is asking them. This way they take the answer/question at face value.