What do you think of a hide option?

Have you ever gone onto the feed on GaG and for a few days, it's the same myTake being featured at the top and it's a myTake you have no interest in or want to comment on? Or when you scroll down and see the myTakes on the right hand side that have been on display for what seems like forever?

Do you wish there was an option to hide that myTake from your news feed or myTake bar on the right? When you hide it, an alternative myTake (that you may be interested in!) will be put in its place.

@girlsaskguys

• I would like a hide option for this purpose
  • I'm unsure/indifferent
  • I wouldn't like to hide myTakes

Most Helpful Guy

• If you view a featured myTake (whether you post an opinion or not) it is now replaced with another myTake. So you shouldn't be seeing the same myTake featured (if you have already viewed it). Let me know if this doesn't work for you.

• That works, but it's a pain having to click on them all to kind of refresh it. It would be good if they regularly refreshed themselves or if there was a hide option.

• ok noted this... we may be able to randomize it after you viewed the "admin featured" myTake

• That would be a lot better. Thanks! :)

What Guys Said 11

• I was thinking about it too but there will always be a problem. Let's say 10 myTakes has been promoted to get featured on the site. You have been shown 2 of them each time.

Now, the problem is, you're not interested in them so, you hide it and new myTakes have been featured on your feed. You read them and shared your Opinion.

So when, all of the myTakes you are interested in are checked by you, there will be the same 2 myTakes left on your feed in which you were not interested in before. So, they will still bug you.

The hide button you are talking about have an alternative method. If you view them once, whether you opinie there or not, they will be replaced with another. (For a limited time, or if there are no more featured myTakes left)

• Maybe not a hide button, but a "next/previous" button, so it works like a slide, where you can go to the next Take without having to leave the page. I don't know if you get what I'm saying.

• I've actually never given it much thought. im always cruising for a bruising with new questions lol. but if it ever does come to annoy me that would definitely be a cool option.

• It is a good idea... but I don't think it's gonna happen.

• my takes should be updated more often yea thats a good idea
    but the problem with that is the promoted takes or the G@G takes

• sounds good basically... but i don't get overexcited...:-P

• I voted B... basically I'm not very interested in my takes. I noticed that the same one can indeed be on top for a long time but so far I just disregarded it :-)

• I like the idea, it would save some scrolling if you didn't want to go past it constantly.

• Not sure about it

• Yeah it sounds good, but it's something I wouldn't really notice.

• I want the feature to where I can permanently hide people's answers so I can never see them again. I'm tired of seeing useless opinions with basically and pointless meme and gifs from people.

• I wish I could hide irrelevant answers that don't help the OP, but they currently don't break the rules. You'd need to contact the admins for this.

What Girls Said 7

• Sounds great. I, however, am not overly optimistic.

• I like this idea. I hate seeing the same ones day after day in which I have no interest.

• Sounds good you get on it

• awesome idea

• Sounds like a good idea but what are the chances of it happening

• Never thought about that, but makes sense! Good idea :)

• I don't care for the mytakes. I'll occasionally read one if the person that wrote it is interesting.