Why do some people here seemingly feel entitled to your attention, energy, and effort despite how negative, dramatic, and unpleasant they are?

I've noticed this attitude where people act like you are obligated to meet their desire to debate and be argumentative. This attitude is completely false. People come here with different agendas... some people genuinely enjoy being helpful and getting to the heart of the matter, some are just killing time, some enjoy the unique personal lense of experiences they've never had, and some are here to feed their ego and gain an egoboost by antagonizing as many debates as they can. There is no motive to truly be legitimately helpful or even expand their current thoughts, but just to forcefully push their views down your throat endlessly unless you compromise your own view.

I tend to have absolutely zero tolerance for people like that. I'm at a point in my life where I have reached my ultimate capacity for nonsense and childish bullsh*t. I will not put up with certain types of behavior from anyone who is not a loved one and even then, they're lucky if I put up with any dramatic, toxic negativity. Therefore I block people who act as if they are entitled to consume my time and energy with hostile, antagonistic attempts to shove their views down my throat. If someone persists on totaling to a negative, toxic, draining presence then I will gladly utilize the unique feature to block them from my existence. I'm not obligated to put up with someone's piss poor communication skills or feed their desire to debate. I have a responsibility to myself to maintain a peaceful state of mind so anyone or anything who disrupts that gets zero opportunity to have my time or attention.

What do you think of this phenomenon where people truly seem to think they are entitled to your energy despite how much they show they don't deserve it? What methods do you use in these situation? Do you agree or disagree with my philosphy?

Most Helpful Guy

• maybe we're in a generation of entitlement. nice guys feels like they're entitled to someone dating them and women feels entitled that real men should do the most in the relationship.

• You're definitely going somewhere with that train of thought!
      It seems like our ancestors efforts to make sure we "didn't have to fight and work hard" for things they did may have caused an era of people who feel like they innately deserve things they haven't earned...

• yea you see kids yelling at their parents or authority figures, men complaining about women friend zoning or rejecting them, and women complaining about men liking busty or curvier women all of this is because they can't give them what they want

What Guys Said 7

• you're taking GaG too seriously

• Nah not necessarily. You can't make those types of assumptions about me based on one singular internet post.

• I did not read all that nonsense written by someone other than me. Bow down to me mere mortal and shower me with your attention.

• Is this a joke? a troll? the irony

• ... I like this... There's a lot of things wrong with it but it's fun.

• Umm... Is the answer C?

• I agree totally and you worded it beautifully. I hate the energy drainers too!!!

• Im sorry I couldn't read all of that its just so long winded and pointless. I dont understand what your trying to say at all.

• Lol it's okay. Thanks for being honest. It was more of a rant than anything.

• Uhhhmmmm considering this question is over 2 months old, there's no need for you to tell me that.

• Fair enuff doll. I just saw it on the feed lol

What Girls Said 4

• I don't know. I know that a lot of people here like to have the last say or want to debate, but I got all of that out of my system years ago. So I'm not interested in more than a few inquiring exchanges.

• Ditto! It makes zero sense to me. In real life if you were to try and force a debate with someone who has their mind made up or doesn't feel like investing energy into a debate, it would be considered as poor social skills and poor social etiquette.

• I dont get what yiur trying to ask, to be honest it reads like someone who does a lot of crack or has mental problems. Maybe you need to read over your questions before you post them hun.

• Why are you being so dramatic, negative and unpleasant? Or was it meant to be ironic?

• I don't know.