Why are under the age gagers allowed to post in the "sexual behavior" category?

That's one thing if asking about bodily development/ changes, but seeing a 14 year old ask how to preform oral is just wrong. I personally feel this should not be allowed. Children need to focus on school and important things, not asking the best way to preform oral. I hope to see this fixed or at least an answer as to why this is allowed.

Even an age group setting would be nice. At least try and filter some of it out.
I'm sorry if this topics offends or has offended you, but I for one do not find it acceptable that you can post sexual health or help and not be able to sensor who can see this. I am a mother, and if I seen my child was able to see posts, and or advice on sex.. Oh my I would be furious. I would be contacting the admins very quickly and sitting down with my child and having the talk. If a child has to post a sexual question beside the natural puberty/ hormones why not ask their parents?

Most Helpful Girl

• The GAG policy on this issue is terrible. There's a 14 year old girl who regularly posts extremely explicit opinions with sexual content that I believe no 14 year old should be aware of. I've reported most of them, yet none have been removed. It's ridiculous.

What Guys Said 18

• Underage accounts are not allowed to ask 'how to' questions. Those will generally be removed. But it would be ridiculous to prevent them from reaching out for help if they have done something already and need advice on how to deal with the situation. Some kids have shitty parents that they cannot turn to for help. Some parents would just get angry at them for doing something in the first place and not give them the help and advice they need.

Kids asking for help dealing with a situation they don't know how to handle absolutely falls under the purview of a site like this. That's exactly the type of person that can struggle to find help elsewhere. The 'how do I give a bj' stuff gets removed, for some of the reasons you mention.

• Sure, let's keep the kids nice and ignorant so they can find out through trial and error with dire consequences...

• At least they will learn from their mistakes.. Nothing wrong with that.

• Yeah, a good lesson and a STD that will be with them for the rest of their life and/or possibly a kid they can't possibly raise.

• We do remove explicit sexuality posts from under 18 users. Please do report those posts by clicking on the flag icon and pick "adult content" as the reason. thanks

• Good point but anything graphic usually removed - Plus answerers are usually concious of askers age, if I see under 18 or age 13/14/15/16 I will tone my answer accordingly which is a good thing because if they felt excluded they would lie about their age and say they were over 18.

• Those types of "how to" sexual questions for under 18, are not allowed by site rules for them to ask or answer.

Make sure to report every single one you see! You don't get "punished" or "sanctioned" for reporting too much, by the way.

• whats the difference if they couldn't they would just make a account and change there age so they could but i agree with your view

• Why not? When you were under 18, weren't you curious about sex. They are as well. I don't see why they should be excluded to post there.

• Because sexual behavior isn't limited by legal statute.

• If they ask the question, it's because they want the answer. If a 14 year old can't ask a sexual question, he can create a account with a false birth date and it's OK or will find his answer elsewhere.

• Then why not ask their parents? Probably because their parents know its not age appropriate or acceptable. Maybe I'm just a strict mother.

• That's another debate. The question you asked is if the website may restrict access for sexual question.
      The debate is not about the restriction the 14 year old may have to the Web.

• I just don't answer there questions

• Neither do I. Its just a shame to see that kind of stuff. Too many kids are dropping out and way too many Teen pregnancies.

• When I was 14 I was already involved with girls and would have benefitted hugely from a site like this.

But I hope their parents are supervising their internet use at that age!

• i really agree with you

• @girlsaskguys answer this question

• true that i agree with you

• Stop trying to censor the internet. Log off if it bothers you.

• They're not supposed to, it's just that the mods haven't taken it down because nobody knows how to use the "report" button. Of course, I do

• They used to have it so they couldn't

• sometimes they are actual questions that they feel insecure about and really want answers. Like if a girl asks about her breast size or something its because she is self conscious about it. same with guys and penis size. Its just something we will never stop seeing because lots of people are insecure about it, I am even still insecure about my penis size, I already asked about it too. The how to oral thing they are going to do it anyway so why not and they need to learn it some how so might as well teach them now. Plus, most of them are anon when they ask this so they might be like 17 almost 18

What Girls Said 8

• I'm coming from the 'under the age' point of view, so please bear with me, I'll try to explain my opinions properly.
    I'm not sure what the legal sex age is for your state, however, in the UK the legal age is 16. Therefore, under 18's could legally be having sex and want to ask questions about it, right? Maybe you think this is too young, nevertheless, the legal age in Holland is 14. (Which, coincidentally, has the lowest teen pregnancy rate in Europe). So perhaps under the age GaGers should be allowed to ask questions?
    I agree that some Under 18's on the site ask some inappropriate questions and are a bit extreme though. On the other hand, everyone is ready at different times and different laws and cultures prepare us differently for sex and people are bound to have questions. I think that it's good to let Under 18's on the site ask genuine questions about sex although I agree that some are just out of order. Sadly, this gives us a bad name and we're not all extreme like the 14 year old that @itsallover mentions. It's a shame!

• Who are you to decide what people should and shouldn't be doing?
    If this 14 year old is doing orap or sex for that matter, why deny him/her the opportunity to learn how it's done in the real world instead of him/her copying porn video's thinking that's normal. Because believe me i see it happening all the time, kids that get censored still have questions and if they don't get answered the kids will go looking for the answers by watching porn. And since every person from the age of 10 is able to watch porn on the internet if they want to, what is the use of censoring a question category? I see it as an opportunity for them to learn what sex really is.

• Kids will do those things anyway. The fact that GaG allows them or not to ask questions about sex won't change anything.

• Because we are curious and we want to know how sex works. I rather us know how it works than up with someone and make horrible choices.

• Those questions do typically get removed if they are from users under 18.

• Only Xper level 1 questions come to moderation, so if you see questions like that posted by under 18's report them.

• Because you can have sex legally when you're sixteen.

• you can report them, select "underage" when doing it