Can anyone else click on links through messages via mobile?

since I've been on here, I've never been able to click links through messages on my iPad, tablet or phone. is there any way to fix this? I get people sending me links to their questions to ask if I'll answer, just for me to tell them sorry I can't click link. I try looking at profile, but sometimes question is anonymous or private profile. I don't have a computer.

Most Helpful Guy

• I do not have apple products, but tried to find an answer for you. Many others have had this problem through various versions and the advice given them sometimes works. The one that looked best for you is as follows:
    Go to SETTINGS > GENERAL > RESTRICTIONS and enable them. It will ask for a pin to be set. Give it a pin and enable it.
    Now disable it.
    Turn off device and wait at least 30 seconds and turn on again.

Let me know if that works for you.

Some have mentioned problems on laptops. I have PC compatible laptops and have no problems with links.

I do have problems with Flash on both my laptops and my desktop. Usually locks up and stops the whole computer and if I select close Flash, it continues for a few moments then locks again. Flash will not go away. I have disabled it from the browsers to keep things going. It did not even need for a movie to be selected. If there was one anywhere on the page it would try to run it and lock The sooner they dump that and go with the HTML 5 player the happier I will be.

Anyway, let me know if I helped your problem.

• I don't use iPad anymore but my Samsung tab 4 it doesn't have a restrictions thing

• Thanks for MHO, Beautiful!

• your welcome

What Guys Said 7

• Links in the private message are not clickable to reduce the spamming and frauds. They can even send you the links of direct downloads having virus so for your own safety, the feature is discontinued.

The only way is to copy and paste the link in your browser (if you trust him/her).

• I don't usually get links except for ones here. it just makes it so I can't help someone that's all.

• So you are comfortable now?

• besides not helping someone through messages yes

• No I can never click on links though my mobile or my laptop. What I do on my laptop is highlight it, then click on the highlight and then select "go to address". However, I don't think windows computers have that option. I have never looked at if I can do that on my phone to but I guess I can.

• so frustrating

• Darn is it ok if I emailed something to you or do you not want to give you email out. It is not anything that will give you a virus. It is just some photos I was going to get you to look at, if that is ok.

• neither on mobile nor on laptop basically...

• No it sucks. Even on a pc you have to copy and paste

• I use an iPad and I click one links... What browser do you use?

• On* ----

• Ohhhhh I'm sorry I thought you are asking about questions and opinions... I have the same thing in messages too, I can't click on links, I just Copland paste

• it won't even let me do that unless I'm not doing it right.

• I don't think you can do that with any device.

• I can't do it.

What Girls Said 1

• I use my phone, the links are not clickable. My phone allows me to copy and paste.

• it doesn't even allow me to do that , but the iPad did extremely annoying lol

• My phone is like a mini tablet. Without the coping pasting that'll be so much work! ;(

• they should totally fix that..