Do you think people with higher Xper on GAG are treated differently?

I've noticed that GAG is actually a huge popularity contest. You're basically nobody if you're not level 8+. The big dawgs don't really give a shit about the ''unimportant'' Gagers. And the popular people treat each other like they're all Gods. If a popular gager and a not popular gager asked the exact same question, the popular one would get hundred times more answers/opinions because of his status. Only the popular people get noticed and liked even if they don't do much on here. Do you agree?

• Yes
  • No

Most Helpful Girl

• I feel like those that have been here longer, are a bit closer and have more of a following than some other people. But there no such thing as an "unimportant GaGer" in my opinion. Your rank doesn't mean much to me. If you give good answers, ask interesting question s and are an all around nice person, then you're cool in my book.

What Guys Said 25

• If you give a Politically Correct answer then you are liked... This site pushes liberial ideas and reward those that agree with praise.

• lol nah, I'm level 8 and pretty much a nobody to most and I don't look up or down to anyone based on level
    Maybe the lower level user posted anonymously? Maybe the question wasn't interesting\generic? Maybe it's the time they posted?
    A lot of new users are trolls looking to be fed lol

• To some extent yes but I think it's a question of confidence, not popularity.
    What you need to do, is be correct in your opinions, and take time to give opinions to the questions of people that take time for yours.
    You'll see that your questions will than also start to receive opinions and people will follow you.
    The reason why confidence is important, is that there have been some catfish accounts on here... people want to know you're "real". A person, not an invented person!

• It just seems that way through interaction you just know certain people more and their quirks. I treat all people equally and the people I know are all levels. I have cosier interaction with all of them rather than with someone I just met.

• people of higher xper levels are more active, so of coarse they will have more people recognizing them than someone who just joined. the more active you are, the more people will likely follow you if you have something good to say often. When people follow you, they get pointed to your questions/answers more frequently, so it all makes perfect sense to me

• Thw popular ones as you say are usually the ones that have been using gag since a long time and have a lot of followers and they follow a lot of users soo there questions get comparatively more opinions
    I've been on gag since 3 months or so and it's nice you'll like it

• 8+ is popular? Huh, I'm not popular.. *sniffle*

• People who are guru or master act like they are so special and that gag is some secret club that's so hard to get accepted to. Anyone could make an account and take time to become master if they really wanted to.. .-.

• its a human instinct to kiss ass.

• I haven't noticed that.

• Im with jersey on this one.

• Yeah most likely due to the fact they have a lot of followers, so a lot of people will see their questions on their page.

• I don't think it makes a big difference.

• All hierarchical systems produce this effect.

• Nope. They're just simply well known, which can seem very similar to someone new to the site. It's really the same on any forum you'll join.

• No I don't, I just recently became Guru and I'm still treated the same.

• Yes, we are the gods of the new world.

• I agree but it has nothing to do with the higher xper points... They're just popular and liked.

• I think they carry more weight

• Makes no difference to me.

• I prefer those who are nice commentators, not based on their xpers though

• I dont think so

• i1127.photobucket.com/.../...f.com-add-text_15.gif 1st, it seems that You'll get more replies on your questions around here usually by being NON ANON rather the ANON. Since users like to know who they're talking to rather than a blue/pink Avi (Face to the words).

Also by asking interesting questions, making good ole a blacks vs whites question, bash a gender, asking a simple question that anybody can/will answer etc

Overall if you talk to your fellow GAGers eventually you'll be acknowledged right or should I say "stay CONSISTENT". And people just like IRL will come to accept you LOL

• So that's how to become popular here

• Well more like the ones who are known by a lot of other users so that would be you and Sensei and the lot

• I think i get you now ^_^ yeah that might be true/should be I'm guessing

• whooooooooooooooooooooooo cares!!!

• I'm ashamed of my guru status, it really says I have no life, I stay anon anyway though.

What Girls Said 24

• On here, people message each other a lot.

Since I don't converse much with people , although I have high status I get treated like any other user.

The popularity contest only works for those who have closer relationships answering each other's questions frequently and maintaining a close messaging relationship

• Tell me, love, how does one reach a higher xper level?

Do you think all the "popular" kids here magically had +5 xper by default upon joining?

Xper comes from being active i. e. posting questions, polls, takes, opinions and replies. People who are regular users are noticed because they're on every post on this website.

And there's very good reason not to take level 1 gagers seriously: they're usually posting fail troll questions to stir shit. Not all, but most of the time you see some controversial shit, it's posted either by anon or a user that joined 5 minutes ago.

If nobody notices you, it's probably because you're either rarely active or just plain boring. Or both.

Getting more comments on a post is due to the number of people following said person. People follow their friends and/or people whose opinions they agree with.

It's rather sad that you actually care about GAG "fame".

• There are two main types of users here.

1. Girl posts a hot sexy face pic and get tonnes of male admirers and anything they say is gold to them.

2. Guys and girls who write lengthy questions and answers that are interesting reads.

• No I don't agree.

I agree that GAG sometimes is like popularity contest at high school, but you might get the impression that they get more opinions simply because they have been here longer, have talked to more users, maybe even made friends, and they know what questions to avoid because they know what questions usually don't get many answers.

• I don't even understand the point system. I just came here for advice and to give advice...

• I haven't noticed that at all tbh. I have noticed a bunch of assholes who think everyone who's nice isn't worth shit and people who think being a teenager automatically discredits them.

38.media.tumblr.com/.../...y6TQP01qemcq6o1_500.gif

• People who have more xper have been here longer, those that are popular have more followers. The more people who follow you the more see your question. When they comment those who follow the commenters will then see the question. The net is cast further afield when you have some notoriety or following.

• No because Ia m being treated the same.
    I also don't look at someone xper point when I ans their qns

• It may feel like that sometimes but there are honestly way too many people on this website for there to be such a bias. Such biases breed in smaller communities and there are a fairly large amount of GAGers now, I can only pick a handful who I see on every 3rd question or so

• It all comes down to how many active followers you have who can see your question in their feed and how controversial your question is.

• no i don't think so

• I don't even pay attention to that stuff, I'm on here to keep myself entertained and answering people's questions not for the competition

• I dont really look at the points but if it says guru then i expect that their answers are the best tbh before i even read them

• Nope. I noticed you :) and I'm only a 4.

• I have never looked at someone's xper level when commenting. A question is a question and if you have a good question then I'll answer

• No, I think they are just like us. They have more experience than us, but that's only because they've been here longer. :)

• No. It doesn't work this way at all..

• It's gag and not real life so why should it matter. The Internet is such a serious place

• It may happen, as for myself I treat everyone the same.

• I'm going to be honest, I don't even know who has high Xper points and who doesn't lol

• I do and dont agree.

• No I think not

• Who even gives a fuck about that shit?

• Isn't one of the higher levels called Master? lol - kind of fits with your theme.. lording over all us little ants and dispensing wisdom