Do you think GaG should allow us to edit and delete comments, myTakes and questions in the future?

Suppose you make a spelling mistake or you word your question wrong. You feel embarrassed and you update the question stating that you make a mistake. Sure, this counts as editing, but it would be nice to be able to edit our comments and posts secretively in the future. I get so embarrassed when I make typos, lol. 😅

Also, what if your post gets a lot of negative feedback and lots of arguments? Sure you can turn off notifications and abandon the post, but I think it would be nice to just delete the post once and for all, terminating it completely.

What do you think guys? Should GaG allow this to happen in the future?

• Yes
  • No
  • Maybe... maybe not.

Most Helpful Girl

• I kind of like that they don't. It makes you think twice about what you post. You can't take back words in real life so it makes sense that you can't take them back online either.

• Wow I never thought of it that way.

• Well you can always flag or block the pervs ;)

• Lol I know. :)

What Guys Said 7

What Girls Said 8

• I think you should be able to edit something once, but not more otherwise people would change almost everything to avoid hate. Basically, I think some people would abuse the function and avoid being punished for harassment/abuse because they delete their comments before a mod sees it. Some websites give you a time limit to edit something before it becomes permanent.

I've posted a couple of myTakes that I wish I could edit due to some minor mistakes. It's annoying having to spend like half an hour re-reading/checking myTakes to make sure there's no mistakes and that it all makes sense.

Sometimes I forget a large chunk that I could've written about in an opinion that would've helped but it's too late and I have to add it in the comments which is annoying I find. People tend not to read comments.

Deleting and editing would be a nice option here but you'll have to contact the admins and there's a lot more to consider in the process.

• It should, but it won't. ;_;

• Yeah, that would come in handy. c:

• Yes, i'm not sure why we can't.

• Someone asked this before, majority said yes.

• Yes. That would be a great idea.

• I had some really nasty comments on my question earlier and would have loved to delete my question.

• Yes it would be great