Mods/Admins can we seriously get a rule on this site where people can't put question under myTakes and vice versa?

Referring to people who write question without information or their input under myTakes.

Most Helpful Guy

• Admins remove them and send a message to the poster saying they can post this as a question instead... don't worry :)

What Guys Said 6

• No. There's no way to produce that kind of regulation other than setting a word limit that would make that difficult as a deterrent. MyTakes are not actually dedicated to anything in particular; you are free to post what you please, some do poetry, others information, others still just baseless opinion or personal stories.

• Hm, that's a good idea, a word minimum.

• Let's just say I'm a fool and call it a day. Another time. ^_^

• I want to know why you think it's wrong though. You never told me why you think it's wrong.

• what do you mean put a question under a mytake? and it would be admins only.

• For example some people write a myTake titled "Why..." "How..." etc. and they don't answer their own questions they are merely just asking a question without even providing their take on the issue.

• I see a lot of "pointless" takes getting promoted

• Not the ones that are questions though although I do agree that a lot of pointless ones do get promoted but at least they're trying to convey some type of idea even if it's badly developed, thought out or just going with what they think people want to hear.

• wot do u mean exactly?

u can choose either question or mytake... u cannot chooe both

• Technically it is against the guidelines, Lots of people write questions with mytake formats tho, so

• myTakes are stoopid anyway.

• myTakes are stoopid anyway.

What Girls Said 3

• You'd have to speak to an admin about making that a rule where we can remove those from the site. I find it frustrating also. I have wanted to hide a myTake for similar reasons, but all I could do was leave a comment, encouraging them to write a question, not a myTake.

• Only if we get a feature that lets me remove questions like this.

• Questions about improving the site?

• Oh sorry about that, I probably should have clarified what exactly my question was.

• Now I know what you're on about, I agree. MyTake's and Questions are very different and should be kept as such.

• If you write a mytake, then it makes sense that people have questions.. why can they not ask?

• I'm referring to people who ask questions under myTakes and have no information they wish to share which is the point of a myTake, to share information.