Anyone supports spending 2500-3000 XPER to change your username?

I've always wanted to change my userame, but they have blunty said no and I did not want to start all over again with a new account. I was wondering if you guys would support spending XPER for changing username? I just want to know how many people are actually for it. Thanks.

• YES
  • NO
XP I meant.

Most Helpful Girl

• I wouldn't waste that many Xper points on a name change personally because I would think of all of the dumb questions that I endured for them but sure if you or anyone else wants to then I don't see why you shouldn't be allowed to.

I don't understand why they care so much about name changes on this site in the first place, it's not like people can't just go anonymous and it's also just a username, not our fingerprint. The entire policy doesn't make sense to me honestly.

• People have judge me or don't take me as seriously because of my name in the past and probably still happening. I don't know I've always wanted NocturnalLPN as my username, but I don't know what I was thinking about with this username. It'll be nice you know and it's not necessarily hard to maintain the username. A simple programming would do to prevent the same username being taken.

• @GirlsLie I mean if you can spend 750 XP points to feature your question, why can't you change a username for an X amount of XP?

• Yup, exactly. You would think the site would promote this more actually because they would be giving away less amazon cards too lol

What Girls Said 9

• It's GaG, it's not like we're coming here to defend or create a reputation that a bad name will ruin.

Save you xper points and forget about your username.

Usernames aren't important, it's the people know behind the username.

• Wait what? Not too long ago some girl asked a question about if you would change your profile name what would you change it too.

She asked because she got hers changed but they said you could only do it once.

• But to answer your question yes I'll support it they offer us worse things to spend our points on like the t-shity. Though I wouldn't spend my points on it.

But we should have a right to spend our points on things like this if we really want to.

• Since I work as night nurse my original username was suppose to be NocturnalLPN however for some idiotic reason, I don't know why went with I_asm_repulsive... oh gosh.. I thought it was ironic somehow..

• Why don't you just get to whatever amount of xper you want and THEN delete and start a new account?

• It is just a name. If you really do not like it, just start over again. On your profile you can mentione that you had this account before. Then people will know you.

• no i won't do it

• I think @Ihav2fart experienced the same problem with people not taking him seriously at first. However, the longer you stay on here I'm sure people will look passed the username

• Maybe you should have put a little more thought into your name when you joined GAG. If you dislike your user name that much close your account & start over.

• It was suppose to be ironic, but that kind of backfired on me and I didn't realized you couldn't changed it any more.

• I didn't realize it had been changed either. I was still under the impression you could change it once.

• You can change it once and that's it. Did you change it before?

It's fair. Whatever works.

• @abundantlyrich I have not. I don't know how to change it.

• Oh really? unless the rules have changed... they used to allow for a change just once.

• yes they have, unfortunately. They can have a system though that disables the same username system like once that username has been take, no one else could take it. I don't know.. it doesn't necessarily take any effort to do that.

• No, I'd just delete my account and start a new one.

What Guys Said 9

• You can think that it was being done for free. But now they discontinued this because it started to create more confusion and for security purposes. They are not greedy of xper, all they need is smooth flow of the site, they can't risk it in exchange of xper. So, for our own good, it was done. They will never agree, never ever.

• Couldn't they simply have a program that prevents the same username being taken? Most websites I know have it.. but in any case.. it's fine I'll just continue with this username.

• They already have it.

• images.sodahead.com/.../...ah_answer_1_xlarge.jpeg

Just pick a name and live with it. That's way too rich amount to change it.

• Hmmmm I heard they can do it for you. I dont want to spend all those points just for a name change Thats like paying $10 dollars to do it. I like my user name anyway

• money is not an object XD I simply want to change my name for something better.

• Yeah they are very firm and they don't change any more.

• Ok well at least you tried

• Hmm, I thought if you ask the Admins nicely, then they would change it once.

I guess that has changed. Probably has to do with the Mention system.

• No. The rule has changed strictly.

• @YourFutureEx what would you think about it though? This case, you guys won't have to give out as much amazon card of some sort and that you can use 750 xp to feature a question any how, why not promote this one more?

• As I said, probably because they don't want to migrate mentions between old and new usernames.

• That seems very harsh surely changing username is easy.

• Yes only by making a new account.

• No, I'm quite happy with my username.

• I just do not understand why we can change our username on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc, whenever we want, but we cannot change our username here except some exceptional situations with exceptional permission of the administrators.

• I've done private servers in the past via gamings as well and it's not hard to decipher username from username...

• No, I love your username

• Nope... I won't...

That will be waste of xper.