Do you think that MyTakes should have the option of choosing a solo gender to read them? Why/not?

Most Helpful Girl

What Guys Said 10

• No, I don't think that would be good idea, what would it achieve?

Perhaps limiting who can comment, but prevent others from viewing it would be going over the top I think. It is annoying not being able to comment on an opinion on a question that only girls can ask (and there certainly instances where I think I could have made a useful comment). But preventing a gender from even reading it seems ridiculous.

• A lot. Fools who choose not to read MyTakes wouldn't be able to comment. Whoops. I meant "limiting who can comment".

I don't know why I said "read".

• Of course. I've seen many women being called shallow on here and other sites for something that they can't really control.

Some men commented and dis/agreed, but I would say the vast majority of guys said nothing about it except what they misconstrued. And then proceeded not to listen.

Ah well.

• "I've seen many women being called shallow on here and other sites for something that they can't really control." Wouldn't that be a reason to explain why it's not shallow to those guys so that they might stop labelling such girls as shallow? (Or is that too optimistic?)

I commented on it, not agreeing or disagreeing as such, just questioning your position, out of curiosity mainly.

• I know some responses are silly, but you maybe taking away the ability for legitimate responses to be given.

• Can you think of an example topic which only men/women would be adequate to discuss under any and all circumstance. If you can think of one and give reasons why that is the case then the option should be there.

• Menstruation. Pregnancy tips while the baby is growing. Tips on growing your penis. Sex positions that work with a small penis.

• @Asker "Sex positions that work with a small penis."

Surely some men and some women would have insight on that?

Men who've had pregnant partners may have useful comments regarding pregnancy.

• Pregnancy tips on what to eat and what feels good WHILE the baby is growing in your body? That sounds like a first-hand experience question to me.

The sex positions is also a first-hand experience. The woman feels the dick inside her so she can tell what's pleasurable to her or not if someone was to limit our gender to only comment.

• Eh, I don't think this type of sexism is useful, and I never limit my "audience" on my questions based on their sex.

• It's not sexism. You're misusing the word.

• Learn the word. To assume that someone you don't know has that prejudice when there are reasons why they would limit something to one gender is foolish.

Use common sense.

• The only common sense here is that you obviously take sexism for granted, and therefore see nothing wrong with it.

• No. Your take is your point of standing as a female. Considering this is a site to help the opposite sex it needs to be viewed by both.

• Not if both sides aren't going to read it thoroughly. It's a waste of time.

• Dating attractive people? I thought it made sense. Attraction is based on appearance to an extent. I figure that the majority of the people that got upset were not so much on the good looking side and maybe got offended and perhaps pointed the finger calling it shallow but that's obviously not the case.

• The whole "you choose who can answer" thing, is bullshit. That should have never started in the first place, in my opinion

• I think it's good in some ways though it's been mostly in favor of females. But why would a guy answer a question specifically geared towards women?

"Girls, if how big of a penis is too much for your vagina?" I don't think you have personal insight on what size penis is too big for your pussy.

• You're an ass

• I agree with you kid

• no it's too exclusive. This site is meant for girls and guys to talk to each other so...

• I honestly do not see the point of limiting the comments to one gender. You want widest response possible.

• Could you give me an example - Are you thinking in terms of getting the same gender or opposite gender response - I am not being antagonistic it just genuinely intriques why you would feel more comfortable doing that?

• Just enjoy your time,, that's more matter.

• No because it defeats the purpose of this site

What Girls Said 5

• No considering we don't even have questions like that.

I know we can limit whether we want guys or girls to respond to our opinions but the other sex is free to view the question as well as the opinions on it.

• I think it's a bad idea, you can learn a lot from just reading thing not specific for your gender about the other gender. Furthermore it's not impossible for a gender to speak the views of a relevant friend or acquaintance. The split is a bad idea.

On a side note, you've come in here asking a question and the majority disagrees (which is fair enough). It's just the fact that you've gone through every answer different from your own and argued (big or small) against it. Didn't you want to hear the otherside?

• I've heard. I disagreed with their beliefs. They're not good enough reasons for me.

• Being unable to see reasoning in ideas different from your own won't help you at all in life lol.

• Who said I was unable to see reasoning? I said I disagreed with theirs.

• No. Not only does allowing more people to see it offer insight from different perspectives, but also allows for it to stay on top, if it gets comments, so more people can see it. I don't see how it hurts to allow both genders to see a topic, however I see many ways in which not allowing them to would cause many disadvantages. Plus, this is the internet... The more people share, the more there is to learn.

• If people aren't going to offer an opinion according to the Take, then their opinions are useless. It's not relevant to the topic at hand.

It's like you making a Take on make-up and I comment "Does anyone want a cheeseburger?" What was the point of my topic besides possible saying that your Take was boring to me?

• I don't care about being on top. If it helps someone, it helps.

What they think is best on girl is irrelevant if you're giving make-up tips to me. Everyone knows it's a subjective appealing kind of thing.

It doesn't matter though. Thanks for your comment.

• What is the point of writing something that is meant to help people if no one will see it? Plus, I've seen a guy here that is metrosexual, so I'm sure he'd like to be able to comment or see it. But if that's the way you want it, who am I to change your mind? And no problem.

• No! Why restrict potentially help content to one sex?

• You think that. Most of the guys on my MyTake are fools who didn't read it to begin with.

• Ohh so this is about a specific take?

Question; Why do you care so much about what they say then since it’s clearly irrelevant? You you'd probably get dumb opinions.

I just think it's pretty narrow minded to block opinions on mytakes. Your posting information on a public website. What do you expect? Maybe try blocking the individual.

• Ohh so this is about a specific take?

Question; Why do you care so much about what they say then since it’s clearly irrelevant? You knew you'd probably get dumb opinions.

Just my opinion~

• damn thats a good idea, yeah. I would write a lot of long articles for women, then