Why do people give a shit about things that doesn't concern them?

Lately I've seen tons of questions like these:

- What do you think about Bruce Jenner's being a transgender?
- Do you think Kim K is a ______?
- Do you think this girl/guy is hot?
- Girls don't be like this girl, this is JUST GROSS!

I don't get it.

It has nothing to do with you, so why give a shit about those? Don't you have better things to think about? Like minding your own fucking lives for one? Instead of gossipping over some stupid attention whore or some insignificant celebrity's transgender transformation?

Let them do whatever the FUCK they want! If they're not hurting your or your kids or your family and friends, why do you care? Questions like these are annoying and doesn't indicate high intelligence.

Gosh, I should take time off GAG... But I have nothing to do... -_-'

Most Helpful Guy

• So people can't wonder about the world? we should forget anything happening in the entire world unless it directly affects us? So nobody should have wondered "who was responsible for the 9/11 attacks?" unless they had a loved one that died in the attack?
    it is curiosity about the world.
    Just because it is sickening that the Kardashians are only famous because of a sex tape and nothing else... they do nothing, they don't have any meaningful impact on society. they are like human trash magazines.. but some people are obviously into them because they have become ultra rich for no reason at all. But that doesn't mean people can't be intersted in them.

What Guys Said 9

• It's just conversation to pass the time and break the ice with others as you converse about it. Commenting on headlines in the news is hardly what I'd call being a "busy body." The real issue comes with people who are nosy about what their neighbors are up to, asking friends how much they make on their job, constantly inquiring about who's dating who and how the relationship is going.

• There is a difference on what you'd call "headline" in the news.

Talking about a dumb celebrity's transgender transformation or some celebrity's post-baby body is hardly "headline".

I have nothing against people talking about the earthquakes in Nepal or something more significant for humanity.

• Granted. But when its all over the media, its still considered a "headline", weather you view it as important or not. I personally can care less about Kim Kardashian's ass or Bruce Jenner's transformation. But starting an entire thread on why people "shouldn't" talk about these things is pretty much just as useless don't you think?

• Social awareness is a GOOD thing... Bruce Jenner's coming out as transgender is a big deal for that community because of his status.

Do u seriously live your life not caring how the society you live in, is changing with the times?

• I don't see how what one celebrity does have an impact to the society.

My reaction to the news was just "oh so he's transgender. so what?"

• Anyone of high status, can influence others of lesser status.

In this case LBGT will become more acceptable to society, thus our society is becoming more tolerant to differing ideas.

Think macro, not micro.

All changes in anything start small and grow to be big.

• Do u see Bruce Jenner as a reality star vs him being an Olympic winning athlete?

• If you live in a goldfish bowl people are going to look in , the Kardashians/Jenners are fame whores and they wanted this lifestyle. Just ignore them like I do.

• by the way you have me at it now, I was trying to work out how Bruce Jenner and Kim Kardashian were related making me go to wiki to look it up.

• Well you answered your own question at the end. People have nothing better to do.

• I can't stand it. people do it to me. like I missed a lot of work lately and people I don't even talk to at all talk about it and act like its there business when it dosent concern them at all. and we don't even talk so don't come and joke with me about it or judge.

• A bit ironic of a question don't you think. The reason why people ask certain questions doesn't make an iota of difference to me to even discuss.

• I hear you man. I just don't answer I check out what everyone else is saying. I kinda laugh and let it go.

• It seems like you are not the partner to talk about some (interesting, curious, opinions) things?

• if what you mean by that is what dumb people or even regular people do with their lives, then yes, I'm not interested.

I'd just rather talk about talented people. See? Cause that's more interesting and fun to talk about.

• Okay then. Let's put it up this way then: Why do you even care what they are talking about?

• I know I shouldn't. Which was a sign that I should get off GAG. This site can only be taken in small doses anyway lol

But as I said, I don't have to work until Friday so I have nothing to do at home lol

And seeing these dumb questions on GAG gets on my nerves and makes me bitchy.

• They have no life. Or just need a good laugh.

What Girls Said 11

• It's human nature. Human beings are curious creatures and unlike most other organisms, we have the conscious awareness to expand and advance that initial curiosity. Doesn't mean they lack high intelligence, just means they are nosey and they like to perceive experiences that exist outside of their own skull and unique realm of understanding.

• I think most of the people who ask those questions are teenagers looking to get a rise out of the "old people". Just ignore it.

• They do so due to escapism. I don't blame them.

• "Don't you have better things to think about?"
    No.

What little thought they can muster is wasted on petty crap. Ironically, this is directly tied to why that miniscule amt of thought is all they can muster.

• No one gives a shit about them in real life so they come to GAG to start a fight or bully others.

• true. I guess they're just as bored as I am and can't think of more interesting topics to ask on GAG

• people take delight in others train wreaks either to feel something or point their finger because they are sickened by their own reflection. nothing rallies people together like a common enemy or a good cause. but I'm a gynormous narcissist so this me trying to act smarter than anyone

• Because they don't have a life and they must live of others.

• Cause some people have nothing better to do, lol

• Why are you so concerned over what other people find interesting.

• Entertainment.. it helps to destress too and create gossip topics

• They clearly have no life! So they have to gossip about the stars. It is quite pathetic.