What % of people on here do y'all think are catfishing?

Seems to me there is a lot of people on here who use other peoples pics and pretend to be other people. Its sad really. What do u guys think the percentage of people who do this are lol?

Most Helpful Girl

What Girls Said 19

• 42.7%

lalalalaaaAAA

• I don't think there are that many catfishes here, maybe like 20%.

• True. Like I know its obv not a dating site but it is possible to meet new friends via the internet and social media. I just wanna make sure someone who I think I am getting to know is who they say they are ya kno?

• I'm totally a 53yr old bald guy with a beer belly.

Lmao... nah I suspect a few people are but I don't know. I'm way too average looking to be a catfish lol.

• Lol same! If I was gonna catfish someone it would be early 80s John Stamos and hope they wouldn't notice hahahaha.

• She too real. When I had to do a 6 month bid for getting into bar fight she wrote "Free my son" on my wall hahahahahahah. My mom is gangsta lol.

• Lmaooo your mom seems hella cool

• I don't see how you can catfish on a webside like this, unless you actually start dating someone - which I highly doubt - on the false promise that the pictures are you.

• "Hey! I don't know about you, but I'm feeling twenty twooooooo..."
    Percent.

• Hahahah weird u say that cuz Im jamming the fuck out to T Swift right now with absolute shame lol

• I love bumping super weird shit with my windows down and pulling up to red light and having people looking at me like a weirdo lmao

• Lol. Wtf. That doesn't mean you're driving at the moment right? Lol

• Maybe 25%... It's sad, I saw an older question of a person saying they were like 300 lb and the avatar was of a 125 lb person. I think they are too needy or a drama queen. Like really? Be yourself!

• I wonder what percentage if the catfish are catfishing each other.

• I don't think there are that many. I don't see the point of it. If people don't want to talk to you because of your appearance they're not worth talking to.

• I agree I just think its weird pretending to be someone else ya know? I called someone out for potentially being fake & I got blocked lmao so it made me start thinking of how many more people are doing this smh

• If I start talking to someone online I usually ask to Skype or send pics on snapchat. I don't really have internet friends anymore, but when I did there were a few who refused, so I assume their picture wasn't them.

• Truth! if there's no facebook or some type of social media with legit pics & whatnot its usually fishy to me lol

• 3% lol. I'm giving everyone the benefit of the doubt!

• It seems like there are a lot, but the percentage probably isn't that high. Maybe 15% or so.

• well it is the internet so we will ever know.. I'm guessing 30% not including people that have cartoon/anime pictures

• Maybe 1 in every 75 users?

• I always assume it's the ones who don't answer the catfish questions lol

• Probably be easier to tell who isn't catfishing.

• Okay I'll admit it you caught me

• I think the ones who catfish are pretty obvious; I guess the rest aren't

• Probably 1/4

• It's obvious who is and who isn't

• I have no idea... cat fishing is so weird, like just be yourselves y'all.

• Exactly! how weird would it be if u found out someone stole ur pics and was on a site like this pretending to be you? fucking weird lol.

What Guys Said 18

• Who knows?
    I might be one myself.
    http://i.imgur.com/JlMI8FU.gif

Ain't I right?
    @Chick180

• Many here always go ANON and I bet many are fake accounts. I dont think there are many cat fishers where they want to call your home faking to be a woman they just put up fake pics then delete there account when they get bored enough. This is not the Manti Te'o story I doubt anyone is on this site like that calling Gagers cell phone and faking there voice and pics

• I might actually be a 300lb fat black kid with pimples (-_^#), but ya see that's just the thing since I'm always hidden in the MIST you'd never know (¬‿¬)

i1127.photobucket.com/.../...f.com-add-text_15.gif

• Don't know don't care. I'm not looking for online friends or to date so I answer questions and keep it moving.

• Obviously the lower the level the higher the number of catfish at levels 1-3 I would say 40% levels 4-7 about 15% level 8 upwards very low maybe 1%

• If by catfishing you mean people that use pictures of others and claim that that's who they actually are, then I'd say it's pretty slim. Close to five percent or so, probably.

• I've been catfishing for months now

• Ya got me

I'm not really Chef Curry...

• I think, about 25%. I'm not part of them, my photo is actually my right eye, I swear on it (my right eye).

• Why would someone want to pretend to be a potato

• Well I really don't pay attention to other peoples pics so it doesn't matter to me all that much.

• Well only reason Im asking is cuz I called someone out on potentially being fake cuz I swore I seen their pic somewhere and I got blocked lmaoooo

• Close to half? but yet again this isn't a dating site. So I honestly don't care.

• Catfish here! I'm not really an average half Italian guy..

• 33.3333333, repeating, of course.

• Probably like 20%.

• Not many but I'm sure there are some out there

• Probably at least 60% of the girls, maybe 10% of the guys

• 95%. Or higher.

But, in a way it's more real. No one who's anonymous has to censor his words.