Would it be better if admins approved the questions by anonymous users before publishing them?

I don’t have anything against anonymous basically…I understand that people wanna go anon because there r some topic that they wanna share, that it’d b very hard 4 them 2 share those with their nicknames.

Although…. some users tend 2 ambush this feature, and they use it in order 2 make questions insulting other GAGers and people generally, like those misogynists who insult girls, or those racists who insult people that don’t belong 2 their race.

So I guess it MIGHT b better if anonymous questions were approved be4 in order 2 avoid all this conflict basically. :-/

Most Helpful Guy

• Users would just make up a new account and troll that way instead so unfortunately I don't see such an idea working.

• u have a point there...

• But i think duplicate accounts can be taken care off.

Great point though.

What Girls Said 9

• 95% of us are anonymous. at least. the only difference is some of us show a username.. I don't think that would benefit anyone or anything on the site.

• also a large amount of those making racist and sexist questions show their usernames.

I'd like the option to FULLY block them, instead of only being able to block them on that post.

• u mean blocking all anons?

• no. just the ability to block a specific anon asker. it isn't fair/sensable the way it is now only being able to block them on that one posted question or opinion.

• I personally think that even if they did approve, there's always a chance that those " anonymous " people can create multiple accounts and do the same shit. There's always loop holes. We just have to ignore the unnecessary.

• No? I think they have the right to ask questions just like anyone else.

• i don;t mean those anonymous who r seeking advice... but those who wanna insult others basically

• No, that's silly.

• I couldn't care less about anon or usernames and I honestly don't understand anyone who does. It's the internet, everything is anonymous unless your posting where you live and seriously personal details.

• Nope. Those people are fun to mess with

• sometimes they "break" the barriers basically

• Or those who ask the same question within half a hour and try to pretend its not them?

• Really I don't think GAG has enough admins to do the job that way.

• No, sometimes I ask questions anonymously for advice, without giving my identity.

• sure... i mean those who insult others basically... not those who r seekin advice

What Guys Said 11

• I like the idea but it has some limitations.
    -It would slow down the site.
    -Moderators will have no work then.
    -People needing instant help will be upset.
    -It would hurt the site traffic as people don't like restrictions.

Don't forget you can always report posts :)

• i do but those anon jackasses appear constantly lately... not to mention that i've heard a rumor that there's an anon guy that pretends 2 b me basically, askin nasty questions... o_O

• Think that may quite easily turn into censorship. Girls, especially, like to ask embarrassing questions in their own way behind an anonymous facade. It would involve so much more work to A) vet the questions and B) justify their actions to someone who may be totally new.

• In that case they'd almost need to ban them, since admins are rare.

It's probably okay given that mods can just hide them if needed.

I would actually like to see a cap on how many times you can post anon a day (or more precisely on how many different questions you can go anon.)

• It would be a lot better, as some people tend to misuse this feature, though that's a great feature.

Admins or mods approval would be better.

• To maintain quality, they can limit the numbers of questions asked by a particular person.

Like one question per day or a weekly limit.

• I think they should censor the word "basically" basically

• Brilliant idea - You just ruined your reputation for shit questions - We be expecting this quality everyday now

• I'm not a fan of this... imagine how LONG it would take for anonymous questions to get asked!

Doing this would take away the freedom of GaG, and make the site feel handcuffed.

• sure... but SOME of th anonymous users r unbearable basically... they r usually blocked users who go anon so they can insult the person that blocked them "freely"

• This site is already anonymous. That's what usernames are for. This site's anon posting feature gets abused by trolls CONSTANTLY. it ought to just be removed entirely.

• No Klaatu, that would be GaG tyranny!!!

• Nah let freedom prevail. Sometimes you got to pull up your big boy or big girl pants and ignore some questions

• if there is anything offensive about a post it would be reported after being submitted