New update, who likes it?

• like it
  • dislike it
  • hate it
  • meh (don't care)
  • wait... new update?
  • still don't get it
  • I'm just here to watch (see answers)

Most Helpful Guy

Most Helpful Girl

• I don't like it. It makes me not want to use the site feed anymore because it looks too cluttered and takes a long time to scroll through. If I want to answer questions, I'll look at the "recent questions" page. When I use the site feed, I just want to see what other people on the site are answering/commenting on so this new feature is really irrelevant to me and makes the site feed less user-friendly in my opinion.

What Guys Said 14

• Seems like a terrible idea. Technology is nice, but answering away without actually reading other answers will make the site worse, imho.

• It's boon for Xper hunters. Now, they'll earn xper even more repidly. But overall, it would hurt the communication factor between the users. Now GAG has become "Asker and Me" rather than "Us".

However, the new translucent bubbles and at the right place are perfect. I am grateful to admins for that. Finally got what I wanted.

So one change is good while another one isn't. I voted B. Because the good one is not enough good as bad the bitter one is.

• I see your point of "Asker and Me". Although this feature gives you the option to click on the title and interact with other opinions too. So, if you want to use the site "more social" you can by clicking on the title, or if you just want to post opinions you do it without the social aspects of the site. We will enhance this feature, giving users more options to interact from feed and list pages. So any feedback is appreciated. Keep them coming :) thanks

• @menguc - Thank you so much for monitoring our feedback.
      The point I'm making is that, I know I can open the thread and check other opinions but now the problem is I can't expect other users to think like the way I do and I am expecting less participation of others. But as you mentioned that you are still in progress of making it more social, so I would like to wait and see. And I will give you any further information or suggestions which gagers are talking about if I see any.

I am grateful to you for making the bubbles translucent and removing the "was this helpful" button. :-)

• I like the poll/opinion add-on to the feed! I like the idea behind it!

But I've just tried it out and I don't really like how it scrolls around. Other than that, I think it's cool, although if I'm interested in other answers, I can just read those first.

I'll have to get used to the scrolling follow/share buttons on the left. I remember them from a time when it was in both places, that was crazy. But it's okay.

Overall, I voted A).

p. s.: I still dislike the guy-only girl-only questions :P

• What did you not like about "how it scrolls around"? Any feedback?

• ah, you mean after you submit your opinion, you don't like the change in focus positioning?

• @menguc well, i tried that on desktop, and it wasn't just focus change, it just scrolled it down so that it would align the top to the top of the opinion, and that one bugged me a bit - but I guess I can get used to it, I just prefer having scrolling under my control (unless I press a button of which's intention is to scroll)

• I swear it feels like google owns GAG and is trying to jack it up like they did the Youtube comments section...

• It leads to people answering based strictly off title so it's going to throw off the accuracy of answers.

• Horrible. It's like I'm on fucking yahoo answers. Now noone will read the description and they will just answer based on the title.

• I don't mind it. The only thing that is different is being able to post an opinion without opening the page of the question. I've just been ignoring it and clicking on the questions like usual. Its kind of unnecessary if you ask me, although it doesn't bother me at all.

• I flippin' LUV it! I started andwering more questions with this new update layout cuz it makes it a lot easier to input ur opinions without clicking on it and taken u right to the thread. Luv hhow fast and easy it is accessible 👌🏼

• It took a bit of time to get used to but I like it.

• What update exactly? I don't even recognize any updates...

• The feed sucks lol.

• Answered the wrong question on mobile. Probably looks better on desktop.

• I dislike it, but I often dislike website changes. Usually you get used to them quickly.

• What sucks is that instead of a feed of interesting questions, you get all these calls to action: "vote", "offer your opinion"... Could I just be allowed to read the question first, please?

• Its abysmal

What Girls Said 12

• People seem to hate any change on this site, I don't understand.
    I quite like it. I've already found myself answering questions I wouldn't normally, just because it's easier and I don't have to open loads of tabs. However, sometimes you need to read others answers to get a good idea of what to write or how others have interpreted it. It may also reduce the amount of votes people will get on their opinions because many people aren't visiting the question and reading/voting on others opinions. It may reduce the amount of contact/communication there are on questions basically.

• I HATE the mobile update! The bottom bubbles are in the way ALL the time!!! UGH SO ANNOYING

http://tinypic.com/r/34y8dmr/8

I also dislike the idea of people answering just based on titles. Why would people fill in the extra info if they didn't think it was relevant? There's usually a lot of information and ideas in the previous answers. Why are we encouraging people to ignore all that?

But I do really like the navigation arrows on the PC version <3

• I like it!

• wait what update?

• I don't see the point of it, other than to slow my phone way the hell down. Probably going to cut back on my GaG time drastically because I'll be too annoyed.

• What kind of phone and browser are you using? Do you still experience performance issues? on which pages? Thanks for the feedback

• Dislike it! It feels so cluttered. I wanna know who the asker is first.

• Hate it. GaG gets worse by time.

• I don't like it.. The updates keep on making me want to leave gag

• Me likey. At least on mobile.

• Its cool. I use it a lot.

• Wait new update?

• I don't care as long as it doesn't make things complicated