Why do people answer questions anonymously?

I can understand asking them anonymous if you asked and embrassing question, had unique details in your story etc..

but why answer anonymous, especially when they're giving simple answers, no details about themselves?

the only reason I can think of is you follow this person and/or frequently answer questions to the point where they think you're a stalker or you give personal details in your answer

other than that it makes no sense
but the same question could be asked about people who lie about their age on here...
I don't get it

Most Helpful Guy

What Guys Said 17

• I think there are people out there who ask and answer everything anon wanting to keep a low profile.

• ●They want their identity protected even if they're not giving information directly.
    ●Some people don't block users but ignore them instead when they see their username.
    ●They are worried about if their opinion could hurt the asker because it might counter his/her beliefs
    ●Trolling/Xper hunting/Time passing/low chances of getting blocked/lacking self confidence.

• Usually it is because I telling a personal experience that is too embarrassing that I dont want it linked to my profile. if I had used another user name or just one of the default pictures I would not care, but this is really me.

And sure, you get trolls and such, but I think you should be allowed to use anon, sometimes I use it when I know what I want to say won't be received well, but it is my honest opinion.

• They are pretty shy

• I wonder about this too...

• If someone asks a personal question then I answer anonymously because I don't like giving out personal information to random people even if they only know me by my username

• No. i'm not afraid to offend the weak.

• They are pussies

• Sometimes trolling, other times they don't their views being attached to their profile-

• Who cares? I'm already anonymous. So are you

• That's my point lol
      If you're anonymous already, why go the extra step to block out a default icon and username.

• Maybe they don't want anyone contacting them? Or they have a certain reputation and they're scared to lose their GAG cred. Haha

• They don't want to see someone that they know on this site perhaps?

• because they are ashamed

• i just prefer it. and i answer a lot and don't want to be seen as a regular on this site... seems lame.

• We do not forgive, we do not forget. Expect us.

• I do it all the time just cause I am used to it.

• People here can be pests. I'd rather stay indoors and not deal with them, rather than go out and use the repellent.

• Because it's gansta as hell.

What Girls Said 11

• 1) If they answer they're giving might be hypocritical to/different than their normal demeanor or if they find it embarrassing to them.

2) The freedom to be jerks to other people. Lol. All the people who called me the N-word were all anonymous.

3) Stalker as you said or they are blocked by the Asker of the question.

• I'm not sure eithe. I think I've only ever answered like one question anonymously. I always feel like if I am going to comment on something I'm not going to hide behind an anonymous tag. I wonder if many of them are the ones whom down vote comments without adding anything themselves.

• For me, I answer questions anonymously if they are in the sexual category because I don't want to be associated with my answers and some pervert try to talk to me as a result.

• Don't really get it, but some people just really don't want to let others know who they are lol.

• Because they are trolls and they are not really who they claim they are. A lot of them play a different race to put that race down and some are just stupid

• I don't know, I never answer anonymously. 👸

• Why not? People still want their privacy.

• and why would you actually care if its anonymous or not. You should be happy that they gave you opinions.

• Sometimes I do if its a bit more personal.

• Cause people fear that people might insult them or just for trolling purpose.

• Oh lordy lordy jumping jacks!

• Just for the fun of it