Why GAG isn’t at least half as popular as facebook/twitter/instagram?

It’s really weird basically…. wot GAG has less than all those sites? In fact GAG has more…do all those social media have Xper ranking and prizes? Do they have all those funny and unique questions? Or those unique gr8 people GAG has? Pfft I don’t think so….

So y it’s not at least half as pop as these social media?

I’m afraid GAG isn’t even 1/10 pop as those…I believe if u ask 1000 random US citizens “do u know girlsaskguys?” then only 10 or 20 at most among those people will say “yeah”

Not to mention non-US citizens…in other countries I believe no more than 5 among 1000 people will know about GAG basically…>:-(

Most Helpful Guy

• GirlsAskGuys features user generated content that is mostly taboo and consequently anonymous. For the most part, that's going to attract a specific user with a specific issue, and once that issue is resolved, the user has no use for this site.

There isn't an issue attracting new users. That's incredibly easy. The main issue GaG has is user retention, and that can be explained because of the niche it fills. You can't fix this problem without changing the nature of this site, which is counterintuitive.

Of course there are regulars who stay and offer content regardless, although to some degree we may have issues that have yet to be resolved. Namely, a piss-poor selection of hobbies. If my roots weren't so deep (been here since 2009), I'd be out of here lurking Internet Marketing forums and being a knowledge bug. Then again, I might just leave anyways.

Afterall, GaG is and always will be a place for people with problems. Problems we dont want to confront actual people in order to solve.

What Girls Said 5

• It's actually better this way I think, it's like a secret little cool place.

• Because it's not just social media. You don't just like photos or comment on them, or just chat with people. You see a question, ponder over it, and give your opinion. If you post a question that is silly/offensive, it's reported. Because it's a smaller community, it's easier to report/ban members, as opposed to sites like Facebook where there are billions of users

Also, the sole aim of social networking websites is helping you connect with others. That interests a lot more people than answering questions. In other words, people would rather stalk their old classmates on social media than help a stranger out with their opinion. Obviously, the former would have a larger audience.

• Before joining this site, I thought GAG was more like a blown-up version of Yahoo! Answer's "Family & Relationships" section.

AKA a place to remain relatively anonymous. GAG doesn't exactly give off a social-networking vibe.

• You're comparing a relatively anonymous Internet forum to social media.

• I wouldn't think of it as popular nor getting more popular then those sites.

What Guys Said 7

• It's kinda embarrassing to need a website like this to solve your problems.

Most people on Facebook are normal and they figure out their own relationship stuff.

• This is more of a "Help" forum than a website to interact with your friends.

• People ignore my posts on Facebook it's kind of upsetting if it something of significant value.

• Who cares? Those places blow!

• Because it's not really a social media that's a must have. Facebook and all that is for connecting with friends and family. On here you can't even search people up to find them.

• It's positive that it's not so popular

• It is better this way. We don't need any more stupid users.