Is the title "GirlsAskGuys" sexist?

Does it imply that women are the needy, inferior sex and that men are the ones with all the answers?

I'm not saying it does or it doesn't. Just wanted to see what you guys thought.

Update: God, some of you people are mean.

If someone heard of a website called "GirlsAskGuys" and didn't know about the logo, they'd have a valid reason for wondering why it's phrased the way it is.

Most Helpful Guy

• i believe they did it because it's easier 2 pronounce "girlsaskguys" than "guysaskgirls" basically...;-)

What Guys Said 36

• Not until ham is brought into the equation

http://globe-views.com/dcim/dreams/ham/ham-04.jpg

• I did feel like it put too much emphasis on physical sex rather than the qualities of the people, but I didn't feel that it makes females seem inferior.

• Because ladies first.

Or it's also bad? o_O

• Nope, "ladies first" is quite chivalrous.

• Wait, why not? Doesn't it goes against "hurr durr strong womyn" and stuff?

• it is, but that's still better than how you can restrict an entire sex from responding :P

• no. because when you look at the logo, it's arrows pointing from guys to girls which could be interrupted as guys ask girls or guys answer the question. the arrows are pointing at each other so both are asking and answering each other. I think the logo does that both needs each other

• How cares about the title... Both genders ask equally in reality

• GirlsAskGuysandGuysAskGirls is too long of a title. And it would be the same thing if it was GuysaskGirls. plus girls in the title first rolls off the tongue better

• Of course not, that's really stretching for something to be offended about. One or the other is going to be listed first.

• I find it hilarious that girls need to ask guys questions about their attractions and stuff. As if there's some secret unspoken thing that attracts a male to a female

• Lol I've thought this same thing.

• The arrows going around already establish that both sexes are asking each other. I don't see how that's possibly sexist.

• I'd say less sexist and more misleading.

• No. Not even.

But it is trapped in the gender binary.

• I think the only thing stuck in gender binary is the idea of "gender" as something independent of one's sex.

I mean really, this whole "gender fluid" and "trans" thing is literally saying "how much you align with the other end of the gender binary"

I think the "spectrum" shouldn't exist in the first place even as a concept

• I think they did it because the only other option was "GirlsExchangeQuestionsAndAnswersWithGuys"

They didn't go with that one for obvious reasons...

• I see your point but look at the logo design

• Uhhh I've thought why its not the other way around but I believe it was rhe flip of a coin. If u flip the coin thats final and thats that.

• I didn't looked at it through that prospect.

• Anyone who thinks it's "sexist" needs some serious therapy and growing up.

• It's not just sexist.

It's racist.

• Of course not

• I give you 20/10 for trolling now get lost.

• How is this trolling? It's a genuine question. What the hell is wrong with you people?

• That's all you ever hear nowadays, sexism. You can't even look at a woman these days.

• It is sexist, and I approve

Men > Women ✊

• I don't find the name being sexist

• Because i said so.

• If it was called guys ask girls it would be better off called "I'll show you mine if you show me yours"

• we lik to answer the questions which r naughty then ours

• It's not sexiest, the admins just went by alphabetical order, I before U.

• No. they just realized that women like to ask men inane questions at two o'clock in the morning...

• It means women ask a lot of questions.

• Quick fact: The portuguese version of this site its called "ElasSabem" which means "GirlsKnow".

• More from Guys
    6

What Girls Said 18

• No, I don't personally think so. It can be read both ways which is why there are arrows in the logo. But I do understand how people who have never heard of the site before and haven't seen the logo, may think that it's just a site for girls to ask questions to guys. However, as I said before, the arrows indicate that it can go both ways :)

• There are arrows around the "ask" part for a reason :)

• No, because it's supposed to read both ways.

• I understand what you mean and I've thought about this a few times. Yes, the logo shows arrows meaning vise-versa, but the site's name is GirlsAskGuys.

• i don't think so because the logo has the sign showing that it is reciprocated, they just chose to put girls first i think

• I don't think it's sexist at all. It's just a name. There's a little arrow to in the logo implying it can be the other way around too. Besides... I don't even care if it's about girls asking guys or whatever else.

• No. Phonetically it sounds smoother than the other way around. Also you can tell from the logo that it goes both ways.

• I think it's meant to be girls ask guys & guys ask girls, that's why there are arrows.

• Nahh. There's an arrow to so it goes both ways. I've never cared tbh.

• Suppose guys ask girls doesn't roll of the tongue as easy. Either way it's GAG

• I don't see it as sexist. And I am wearing my feminazi/man-hating goggles while making this assessment.

• I wonder more about the pink letters.

• Wow... insightful question...

• Not really since you can say it either way hence the arrows around ask.

• How did you derive all of those assumptions from a title? See the pink and blue arrows in the logo.

• I said I'm NOT making assumptions. Read the description box properly.

• Seriosuly? Yes, it's sexist, racist, homophobic, blasphemous just like EVERYTHING apparently is today. Anything else you wanna add to the list?
    Get over it.

• For fuck's sake. Guess you didn't read the description where I clearly state that it's not my personal opinion.

• I don't care, it's a stupid opinion.

• No, the arrows indicate that it could go either way.

• Only a feminist would say yes