Does it surprise you that so MANY people here describe themselves as 'introverted loners?

I don't meet that many 'introverted loners' in daily life. But naturally, such people might gravitate toward an adivce site like this one.

But are there REALLY such a high percentage of introverted loners here? Or do people choose that description because they feel sorry for themselves?

Most Helpful Girl

• It doesn't surprise me tbh. On online communities like this, there usually are a lot of introverted people and a large number of virgins. I'm not really sure why but maybe these sites replace the interaction they could be having in real life.

What Girls Said 17

• Not really... lol. It makes sense. They also seem to be those--in my experience--incapable of not being socially awkward and/or rude.

So it doesn't surprise me that they're "loners" (a lot of them).

• Obviously some of them spend all their waking hours on this teeny bopper site!

• Hahaha Not in the least. xD

People on here are just a very VERY small percentage of the overall population of this planet... so... there aren't as many as it seems just by looking at this site's users.

• As I said, the fact that there is a higher percentage on a site like this isn't a surprise, but the percentage is SO very high!! Something else must be involved imao.

• So high, but only on sites such as this one.
      And dating sites, I'd imagine.

• I think they just feel sorry for themselves. Just being honest!

• I'm not going to lie; there is a lot of them but some do it because they feel like they are even though they are completely different in daily life. It is quite rare to see these "introverted loners" because it's not common and makes you feel like an outsider.
    The reason behind me being one is that I'm not a 'social butterfly' as some may say. You'll never see me at a party or social gathering. I like to keep to myself and it's much safer for me that way. Sites like these is a way for us to express ourselves and connect anonymously without coming out of our comfort zones. 😊

• Helloooooo, the internet is full of introverted loners because they never leave the house, and they've got to do SOMETHING to keep themselves occupied :D

• I'm an introvert but not a loner

There's a lot of misunderstanding of what being an introvert means and I wish people understood the terminology before they decide to use it

• t think many of them mean 'socially awkward' when they describe themselves as introverts. Introverts are NOT socially awkward, they just don't seek out other people's company that much. They're generally just as capable of dealing with people in social situations as anyone else.

• I couldn't agree more!

• Not at all. If they're introverted, they're probably online all the time anyways.

• No. They can talk to people without having to meet them in person. Perfect for introverts

• Well I am introverted but I don't think loner applies I don't like solitude and while in public my main objective is to make people laugh because its the easiest way to keep them in your good graces, its a lot of bravado mostly. but you are right not everyone can be introverted loner.

• They act like they don't need anyone but they still need to 'talk' to someone.

• Makes sense when you think about it. I don't think introverted loners go out as often (to, say, meet more outgoing people like you :) ).

• yes that is interesting.

• I'm not really that surprised honestly. If you look at the guys here sometimes...

• The same thing goes for the girls here

• Why is it easier to have a life for girls? Even guys can have a hobby right?

• Girls still have options in terms of relationships; a lot of guys don't.

• No it doesn't, Dude i picked that one because it fits me best compared to the rest and i kind of am. I don't feel sorry for myself, i like how i am. What does it matter anyway?

• Maybe they just don't want people to message them. Sorry @bandit74

• I wondered that myself.

• I was thinking the same thing.

What Guys Said 12

• "I don't meet that many 'introverted loners' in daily life."

Because they're either at home or somewhere by themselves not talking to anyone (directly). Such is the nature of the beast.

Doesn't surprise me at all, technology would bring introverted/not-so-social people together. Low cost of entry into basic communication that they find difficult in real life.

• I picked it because it is the personality type that fit me the best. I do think this site is more likely to attract introverted loners because when everyone else is out partying or having fun, an introverted loner is likely at home just browsing the internet.

• You know what? There really ARE that many introverted loners on this site!

Trust me, they're not "pretending" at all.

• This site attracts a lot of introverts and a lot of 'loners'/socially inexperienced people naturally, but not everyone is both. I just think they should rephrase that description of 'introverted loner' though and separate the two. It did make me wonder if I was actually a loner when I first saw it.

• "Introverted loner" doesn't really describe me, but it was the closest I could get.

• Because real-life is something different. i've spent my entirety on the computer/internet so i've grown accustomed to it. In real life im just a little hermit crab in my shell. Thus i consider myself an introverted loner as i've never truly spilled my feelings out to someone.

• ILITNB - To paraphrase a TV show.

• It's the internet?

• I wonder if someone extroverted would need this site and ask people's opinions on their personal stories such as relationship or social relationship.

• Doesn't surprise me at all.

• Yes, I can see why we might have a higher percentage of I. L.'s than the general public, but the percentage is SO high.. it doesn't seem believable to me.

• Would have been my choice too if the tech thingy wasn't in the list.

• No cause mostly internet warriors go on the internet anyways.

• Being an introvert is so overrated anniversary are the way to go