Why do people make friends with users?

I just stay on anon all the time...

Most Helpful Guy

• Tbh I never would have spent much time here of it wasn't for the chatting with other members. Both most engaging and also most helpful part of the site.

What Guys Said 11

• Some people are really knowledgable and others are just fun to talk too, lol no one has friended me. Though I was in communication with many peeps who liked my advice until I went on a hiatus from depression.

• they just want too I suppose.

• Were all anon, i can post a picture of my dog or even my face. doesn't mean you know me or will ever know me, Anon is a good way to ask those questions you seem afraid to ask since most assholes in the internet will give you piles of shit over nothing. Or you can take some advice from Tyrion Lannistor.
    https://youtu.be/NwjvDY5F_1I?t=35s

• Why stay anon? Just don't have a profile pic, and don't tell where you live or your full name. Then you're just as anonymous.

• Because if I went anonymous then you wouldn't be able to look at my amazing beaver avatar. Look at it, it is incredible. You're welcome.

• I don't like to hide myself all the time I'm an extrovert. I want to interact with people and portray my true self instead of hiding in the shadows all the time never bonding with anyone.

• ehh why not?

• whats wrong with making friends with people?

• erm... you don't get humanity do you?

• Because it makes more intresting

Want to be friends with you ;-)

• i dont, omg

What Girls Said 8

• A lot of the users here seem like pretty cool people, so I don't think it's weird that someone would want to be friends with them. It can keep things interesting and fun, and maybe makes people feel a little more connected. I personally don't do it, but that's just because I'm not good at being social online, haha.

• makes it more personal... so you're not just talking to a computer, i gues...

• I don't know. I don't really like small talk withg other users actually.

I just stick to people I know and comment on their posts sometimes.

Although I have found a great friend on GAG.

• Because I want to, that's why.

• A lot of people lie and manipulate on GaG so i wouldn't consider them as my friends. It would be naive to trust people online,. Quite a few have lied and tried to manipulate me, not knowing i am one step ahead of them.

• Because I enjoy them? They're good people?

• I don't know. I'm an introvert too and I'm super shy. I don't think people will like me, so I keep to myself.

• I don't know if users make friends with one another but what's wrong with being friendly?