Why do people go out of their way to use improper English on a site with available autocorrect?

I can understand text abbreviations thats fine, and the occasional colloquiallism mixed in from your region great it shows personality. But to constantly use jibberish and smash words together like an ignorant neaderthal on a site where you mainly ask advice seems counterproductive.

Simply a curious anecdote, not a judgment.
Yay for the idiot that thought he had a point. Insert other foot into mouth as well.

Most Helpful Girl

• I don't know, man, but several people would consider your split infinitive wrong...

• Agreed. lol Thank you for the very specific correction. I was more speaking of the actual words used than of grammatical errors though.

• Not to mention your major problem with commas. Why do you not use them? They're your friends, use them. USE THEM!

• Thanks again! It seems the fastest way to get constructive criticism is to be generally critical! Yay me! Bet this post gets me loads of friends. SMH

What Girls Said 6

• I dont trust autocorrect. They once sent my mother a message with dirty words. I shouldve reread over it first lol

• I actually intentionally ad d mispellings and grammatical errors into my posts for the aesthetic value I'm not even joking

• I don't believe the site has autocorrect. That is probably a browser add-on for you. Anyways, remember that this is a global website and therefore English is not a native language to many users here.

• I don't know either D:

• To annoy me, clearly.

• I definitely agree with your logic. I hate the use of improper English . It's almost like you learn nothing in school or are too lazy to spell everything out. I don't know why people do it

What Guys Said 7

• If you are experiencing auto correct features in your textbox, that's your browser, not the website. You can also turn that off (because frankly, it's annoying).

p. s. you misspelled neanderthal lol

• Yes, yes I did! My god it's rubbing off!

• Live and learn I suppose some things aren't worth mentioning. Some of these opinions are worth a laugh at least.

• You're on a website consisting for the most part of teenagers. I think you may just need to lower your expectations :P

• I ain't gots no ideaer.
    What's the diff?

• Not really. They aren't looking for advice from you. You're being counter productive by answering them and arguing over how you are unable to communicate with them. They want advice from likely minded individuals. It might not be good advice (not that you have good advice either), but it's what they are looking for.

• huh... i'm afraid he's bashing "texting" language basically... uh-oh... o_O

• Autocorrect doesn't always do the job; if your main language isn't English it's a lot harder to be gramatically correct as you haven't grown up learning the language. My main language is Dutch, some stuff I write isn't correct, but it's often not caught by autocorrection because it's grammar and the words themselves are fine.

That being said, what you're saying is true, just smashing words together or something similar is a habit I'll never get. Why would anyone want to write like that? It's unreadable and looks immature.

• When one picks and chooses what is acceptable what is he but a tyrant?

• They think it's cute or unique