What do you think would be the fate of this site if the administrators one day decide to drop the Amazon gift card giveaway that it offers?

I been a member of this site for almost five years now and I noticed a lot has changed here since then, both positive and negative. But today I’m gonna talk about a negativity I see going on here lately that’s been somewhat annoying me.

So before I start I would like to talk a little bit about my experiences when I first joined here. Back in those days when you ask a question the members here would answer you with at least one paragraph worth of answers. Their answers would always contained elements of experiences, science and common senses, sort of like how a really close friend or a family member of yours would answer you when you ask them a question. Back then despite it was easier to reach Guru and Master level, it felt like we had to work really hard to earn our points.

Now getting to the point I have to say that today it feels like the total opposite of what I previously explained. Today I see people who been here for less than a year become gurus and masters overnight and the majority of the time these people don’t even put enthusiasm in their answers, like I may ask a question now and all I will see is these lazy individuals giving me a three to five word phrase answers. Then coincidently when I’m answering other people’s questions I would again see these same exact individuals giving short answers to the other members here.

Anyways all this makes me ask myself one thing, “where has the spirit of G@G gone to?” its like the members of this site today are not here to help each other out anymore. It seems like instead they are nothing but point whores who are just desperate to get as much points as they want.

PS: i think the cause of this might be the Amazon giftcard giveaway that this site offers. i think people are just here to milk this site for these things. i'm well aware that these things were around back then too but at that time it didn't seem like they were as promoted as much as they are now. sometimes i feel like the administrators could one day drop these offers to see if these annoying point whores or are only here for that would just leave

Most Helpful Guy

• Agree with your look at the point whores and how fast they rise to high levels, though I don't think that the Amazon card rewards are that great. I have been on here over four years and have not quite made it to Guru (very soon though), and have never cashed in points for anything.

I think that the biggest problem is in the questions asked. Stupid ones that are asked only to be heard in a crowd with no real need for information, and they are repeated so often. I mean how many times in one day does the question "What is a good penis size?" have to be asked?

The next problem is that it is now more a social media site rather than a help site. I mean why does a question like "I am so hurt that I feel I cannot go on. How can I improve my feeling?" cause tons of answers that are just people talking between themselves about how they find each other so cute?

I like many people on here and will comment about them and maybe poke fun at them at times, but to hijack a serious question or an important opinion for chatter is bad. Take that to Facebook or PMs.

What Girls Said 4

• Sometimes I give short/obvious answers, but that's really just because there have been so many stupid/obvious questions lately, that I don't really see the need to post a long or well thought out answer. I've been around for 4 years, and I do think it was different back then, but really have you seen the questions that are asked these days? It's always the same stupid crap so I think people just don't know how else to answer these sometimes.

• What really bothers me, is the people who will answer with just

"thanks for the xpers"

or

"I'm just here for the points"

like, at least fucking pretend to care...

• Those are the answers that we delete for spamming! :)

• Better 5 genuine answers and 15 XPer seekers than 20 genuine looking answers with 15 being total bullshit.

Not that I am one to talk.

• I understand what you mean, but it's very hard to give elaborate answers when so many questions here are simply stupid.

• It wouldn't bother me, because I don't spend my points on gift cards. I don't really know what I can add that's relevant to your question in order to make my answer longer.

• Oh trust your answer is 100% fair compare to the folks I'm talking about.

What Guys Said 10

• Look, I'm going to be a Guru and tomorrow, it'll be 6 months since I signed up. I agree it's because I give very short answers but I don't give them in order to earn xper. I've never redeemed gift cards and never will. It's because I prefer quality over quantity. I don't have enough skills to write a long essay buy I can say the whole story in a few sentences. And all of my answers are sensible. Even if they are jokes, they have a hidden meaning behind this.

I agree with you, there are SO MANY xper hunters but where there's light, there's shadow. Back in those days, only needy people used this site because they might searched for this but now it's popular so, even the people who don't have interest in such things will come here as it's rewarding site.

• Not at all true that only "needy people" used this site "back in those days". Whenever "back in those days" was. You are just coming on to 6 months, so you really have no idea about the people from a year ago, or 2 years, 4 years, etc. And even with short answers, 6 months to 20,000 points means an awful lot of time on this site and not very much time invested in many answers.

Though I have seen you give good, even great, opinions here. But as I said, 20,000 points in six months is more a sign of lots of time on here that most people do not have, and many responses in that little time.

• @Red_Arrow - To be honest, it's because I don't have a life outside of this.

• It blows my mind it would make a difference. The pay vs effort is not worth it if that's why you're here.

• The amount of hours to earn $20 here is such a low hourly rate... and it games even longer because u can't answer many numerous questions rapidly anymore

• I answer posts when I have time (which is less often lately) and when the question is interesting and/or I think I have something to contribute. I regularly answer questions that already have a MHA awarded if I think I have something worthwhile to add.

Yes, the Amazon cards are great, but that's never been why I'm here.

• I try to answer questions as best I can but there are a lot of stupid questions that are slam dunks and I would a fool to pass up the xper point on them.
    What did you have for dinner?
    Some fish (xper point)

• Yea that is true but in the case we dont have any choice. Sometimes what I do is just not answer it and move on to the next one that deserve to be answered

• I decided early on to be a xper crack whore and give my points to RAVEN so I have no shame in doing it.

• I agree with most of what you mentioned. But I don't know if it's got to do with the amazon cards. They're great but if that's all you're after, there are much more efficient ways of getting them. You used to be able to post twice in one question and cards were 2k points cheaper. So much harder now but some people still decide to do it haha.

A lot of questions here have been repeated hundreds, even thousands of times and it's just natural that people tend to want to give shorter responses to them. I suppose that's a reason.

And the sheer volume of questions that are asked. All the troll ones tend to get so much attention that the decent ones pretty much sit in the shadows. You still get a few people giving detailed responses but rarely will you see them in the feed. I don't mind what happens with the cards tbh.

• I agree with u. People don't have to put 500 character answers, but the "just here for the XPER " answers are ridiculous (and I remove those for spamming).

The Amazon cards are a nice perk but that's not why I'm here.

Without them, the amount of users here will reduce by 50%.

• Well the xpers for a gift card used to be three thousand now its five thousand and people are still here. So are u saying having a higher xper creates a lower quality of answer or are u saying getting ride of it all together will get rid of children that want twenty e bucks.

• I'd still come here, to be honest I didn't even know about the redeem points thing until about a half a year into the site lol. To me it's just a nice bonus but it's not the reason I am still here.

• I'm new to the site. For the most part I give my opinion in the long form. Including experiences and what not. That's how I am though even when I'm face to face with people. Sometimes I wonder if I talk too much. Same when I write I wonder if anybody even has the attention span to read it anymore. Ha I didn't even know there were Amazon cards available and shirts. Lol.

• We have a gift card giveaway?