Why do people on gag ignore new members or never answer their questions?

I've experienced this three times already. When you're new no one pays you much attention and that's why I end up asking questions anonymously. Why do you ignore questions from non regulars.

Most Helpful Guy

• It's actually a more complicated problem than that I think, most people use the My Feed to navigate but that means they only see questions asked in topics they follow or by people they follow, you can even filter explicitly for only topics by people you follow. As a result, if you have many followers, it's easy to get many answers, but if you don't have any followers, then those who filter for who they follow won't see you that easily.

It's a shame too, I don't know how to get a lot of followers other than trying to follow others and see if they follow back

What Guys Said 12

• I apologise if I ever did that it is totally unintentional - I think regular users just know the tricks to get traffic on their questions.

• I didn't even know that you could see when people joined. I pay no attention to your profile or who posted it and just answer what I can

• Three times already out of the hundreds of questions every day. Blimey!

• I answer whenever I can and to the best of my knowledge.

• Im am also new.. I like this site because I can give opinions and comments.. sometimes they reply to you sometimes they dont.. it depends on your opinion to their questions if it is helpful and it depends on your topic or question if they want to comment or give advice..

• It's not that I answer every question I find interesting. People here rarely care whether they are new or regular. It's just that most people are not online at this hour of the day.

• I try to answer as many questions as I can, regardless of this factor, ( except of those assholes who have blocked me without any fuckin reasons)

• They must be assholes.

If that's the only reason.

Anyway good luck, you will get better with time.

• I ignore the question, not the xper level.

• i select which questions to answer... it depends on whichever basis.

• People abuse the anonymous button too much

• it's all about the TITLE and the way that you WORD your questions on GAG. If it's boring or 1 of those relationship type questions 90% of the time it's not going to get a lot if attention, Since they're usually generic/boring and if they asker would have used COMMON SENSE they could have answered their own question. OMG, what does it mean when ___ says this? UMM EXACTLY WTF HE SAID YOU, IDIOT. Most things should be taken at face value coming from your average person More times than not #Justsaying

i1127.photobucket.com/.../...f.com-add-text_15.gif

What Girls Said 7

• I don't ignore people based off of their profile or how long they've been here, actually I have little knowledge of how long most people have been here lol. I just skip the questions that are usually about dating, the ones that have obvious answers or ones I don't have a lot of experience with.

• It has nothing to do with being new no one pays attention to that it has more to do with our interest in the question.

• Also it really depends on the time you ask it. Sure there are some people across the world up at this time but most people aren't.

• I have no idea who is new here. I only look at how well the question is written or if it catches my eye at the time, I log in.

• Not true, i'm brand spanking new and have had people answer my questions. I can imagine the same questions get asked a lot so people get sick of answering them and people are not obliged to answer every single question they see, i would assume they answer what interests them.

• It has nothing to do with that :) I think most people are from America so it is just like 3-6am there..
    Try asking question in like 8-10hours if you want more answers!

• I try not to ignore anyone. Now if it's a stupid question I'll ignore it.

• Never noticed it.