Why do old questions on G@G don't show exact date?

I mean why is it so wrong to know if a question was asked 4 years ago or 1 year ago?

also in myTakes

Most Helpful Guy

• This goes together with the incorrect (for me at least) time zone in the message room as the two things that annoy me about this site.

What Girls Said 11

What Guys Said 6

• guess coz admins consider it meaningless... wot's the point of a question asked 4 years ago? the asker has chaned since then basically...^_^

• I always wonder about that too

• Yeah I never understood this either

• To keep the system lightweight they delete the old data like dates and messages.

• yea i find this annoying aswell, just like your xper doesn't update until a full 24 hours

• They changed that a while ago. I often wondered why old questions just aren't removed

• Why would they be removed?

• But someone who needs info on sth, could just search old questions to see the answers instead of asking the same thing.

• Then logic says, why ask the question in the first place. If you have the answer, don't ask the question