GAG'ers, on a scale from 0 (silent) to 10 (talkative) where would you place yourself?

I'm in the middle, a 5. I'm silent before I've made first contact with someone.
However, once you have my confidence I get talkative and feel at easy.

Feel free to explain why, for example are you silent because you're always concentrated, or because you're shy?

And are you talkative because you need a nice chat with a cup of coffee, or is it for example because you're a sales person and talking is your job.

• From 0 to 3
  • From 4 to 7
  • From 8 to 10

Most Helpful Girl

• sorry I'm a 10, I love making new friends, I'm not shy at all!

• You've made one Clarisa :D
      Be talkative... that's just you and I'm sure I'm not the only person on here enjoying that!

• Your 10 was the highest score!
      And, more important: your new hairstyle is a winner :-)

• Awe thanks!!!

What Girls Said 19

• It really depends on my mood at the time. But for the most part, 4 to 7.

• 0 - 2 in most situations. I like to sit back and observe.

9 with people I'm very comfy with while excited about something.

• I'm talkative cause I'm and extrovert, I like to share my thought/ideas/emotions with others and I like to express them and to connect to other people

• That's nice! It gives nice interactions here on GAG so go ahead, anytime :D

• I used to be a 9 or 10.

now.. I'm more of a 3.

• Whoops... what happened Betwyn? Haven't heard you that often over the last month or 3, everything okay?

• until this week, I've been pretty quiet for awhile.

Apparently this week, my subconscious decided to stir up some controversy

• Go ahead! And if you need a chat you'll find more than one pair of listening ears here on GAG :D
      Good to hear you again, difficult times go by you know :D

• In a group situation, I'm quieter. On a one-on-one or in a group of 4 or less people, I'm more talkative. I voted B.

• Like a 6 or 7. I'm pretty talkative. I can walk. up to strangers and have a big conversation, but don't do it very often.

• Haha you're from just above the "Moerdijk" I think?
      When you ask any Belgian if Dutch people from above the Moerdijk are talkative, they'll say "yeeeeeeeees"!
      Though I must accentuate the chats I've had with you were very nice :D
      So continue to be talkative please :D

• Haha sorry, I think I'm too Hollands for that. Never heard of it haha.
      I like our conversations too, but yeah I will remain talkative haha

• Sure, go ahead! Looking forward to any chat :D
      And now I'm going to eat my French fries... you know a "zakkie p'tat"... yummie!

• 10 with family because well it's family ha, they know me, live with me so yeah. About a 2 with everyone else because i don't really like to talk but if i know you, so friends then i'd say a 5.

I'm shy but more quiet and reserved, don't really care to talk but sometimes i get in these crazy moods, not actual crazy but i don't know, i guess i feel more socialable so i talk more, that'd be about a 6/7 i reckon.

• Yeah I suppose it's all about comfort: if you feel at easy with people you'll probably get more talkative.
      I have that too: making first contact is my weak point :D

• I talk a lot when I'm around a few people I'm use to. I miss acting like a spazz with my friends.

• Haha so the "girls party" with some coffee or tea, around 4 PM?

• Subsitute coffee and tea with pelvic air thrusting and cursing.

• I see! I can imagine what it would look like :D

• I'm a blabber mouth :D so my talkativeness is over 9000 muahahaha ^^

• Hahaha, a blabber mouth... first time I hear the word :D
      I'll add "10 or more to the poll next time" :D

• I'm very shy so a 0, but when I feel confident about a four.

• That's probably slightly more on the shy side than me but I recognize that though!

• We have that in common, entirely certain!

• I have been told some days I'm close to a 10. After a few drinks I clam up to less then a 1.

• Haha after "a few" drinks you'd have to call an ambulance for me :D
      I'm a total non-drinker...

• I guess it's why I get quiet. hahahaaha

• Haha I think I would be quiet because... I'm close to a deep coma after a glass or 4 :o
      I would look at you and ask why snow white came out of her fairy tale :D
      That is: if I'm still able to talk!

• depends entirely on my mood/condition

• Haha so you have "chatty" moods and silent moods?
      Me too :D

• 4? I'm more of a listener ☺

• I see. When we need listening ears we'll know whom to talk to :D

• I can be a 3 when I first meet you and if I really know you I can be a 9.

• Yeah that's nice... to have a good chat with people once the confidence is there!

• 5 or 6 I don't instantly start talking to people I need to warm up first lol

• Im probably like a 3 if I dont know or like the person, otherwise I can be talkative.

• Perfect... so if we get you talkative we have your confidence, good to remember :D

• I am incompetent in talking field, I try to but fail. I would rate 2.

• A 4 or 5. I'm not the shy type, but I like having my quiet time :)

• 0. I keep my mouth shut when I am with strangers, I don't like my family, I don't have any friends. Go me!

What Guys Said 11

• I can be 10 sometimes. It all depends upon the circumstances and mood, for everyone. But generally, I am Zer0.
    thewowstyle.com/.../...03-26-Alone_Man1440x900.jpg

• Hahaha I can also be a zero... but in other things :D

• I'm clumsy and absent minded. I'll go somewhere by bike and return by foot :o
      Hope I'll never call Suzy, Nichole... sjeez I'll have to call all ladies "darling" :D
      To avoid mistakes hahaha!

• Hahaha you're cool. I should take lessons :D

• Oh it depends on my mood and what my energy level is. It depends on the other person I'm talking to as well. If someone is sad or complaining I'll usually listen more. I kind of prefer or feel like I get more out of most conversations when I listen more in general. I like to build conversation off of me listening. If I really enjoy the energy between another person and myselfs conversation I will be more talkative and smile and joke around. I'm not one way all the time.

I'm not really ever shy and most often (when not stressed) I tend to want to build other people up. I guess I can be pretty selective with who I give my time too as well I've noticed.

• I voted C I'll message you and introduce myself in hopes that you'd talk back. I'm not looking for anything more than a decent conversation though but if you don't respond then alright I get the hint. 😔 if you stop responding I still get the hint that I'm annoying you so chances are I'll just slowly stop responding myself with every other message sent or I'll just shorten the messages with like 1 or 2 words... If your upsetting me then I'll close the box and just never respond again.. Problem solved😌

• Don't worry about me... I'm a fairly easy person and will not easily shut you out.
      If you like a chat, go ahead!

• believe it or not but i'm talkative enough irl when i go out... i tend 2 speak really fast though

• Haha I recognize that, have a collegue who does that to: speak fast and silent. Difficult to understand :o

• I am a 0.5

• 0-3, I really don't talk much unless, I'm excited, explaining something or passionate about something.

• I chose B-7 but now I think I should've chosen C-8. I like to exhibit my elouquence so I'm quite garrulous.

• Around 1-2.

• I used to be really loud until I hit 20. I'm now 6.12967

• I get told to shut up all the time... Pretty self explanatory there.

• Im at least a 7