Reporting suicidal tendencies?

If you report a question or opinion for suicidal tendencies, does it just get removed or is the user who made it contacted in some way to direct them to a helpline or anything like that?

Most Helpful Girl

• Once the admins see the report and if they decide to permanently remove the post, the user will be sent a help message with how to contact the suicide prevention hotline and various other information.

• Thank-you; I'm glad because I want the person to be helped, not just have their post removed :) . I understand why it should be removed as some things could be triggering for others though

• Yeah I just became a mod too, that's why I'm asking :)

• Oh okay, awesome! :)

What Guys Said 2

• As @xHoneyxBeex said, question is removed and user is sent a help message, directing to the help lines.

• Thats a good question i had someone the other day i had him go to message so it could be more private. We texted for half hour i beleive i helped him

What Girls Said 3

• I hope they're contacted, but it may simply be removed.

• I don't know... I'd certainly hope the user would get some help

• I think both happen.