If you ask a question here, and 9 out of 10 answers disagree with your own view of the situation, will you change your mind about it?

Or will you contnue to hold the same opinion you had before you asked the question?

Most Helpful Girl

• I have asked if I handled a situation correctly and the opinion was not what I had done. I apologized to my boyfriend because I was wrong. So yes

• Good for you! Others are unwilling to admit they COULD be wrong!

• It took me a long time to realize that being wrong was not a horrible thing and that I didn't lose any part of myself by admitting it. Its okay to be wrong and I am okay with that.
      Isn't that why we ask questions on here? Either because we don't know, or we want the opinions of others even if they aren't what we thought in the first place?

What Girls Said 9

• No. Only reason and precisely stated truth can get me to change my mind.
    What you are mentioning is a logical fallacy called "Argumentum ad populum".
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Argumentum_ad_populum

Say I killed a person and I am complaining how no one in their family apologized for them sprinkling their blood on my shoe.
    EVERYONE disagrees, but no one says why. If I'm a sociopath genuine in my opinion, the fact that it's unpopular, can't change it. You'd be able to reason with me first.

• So, if someone put forth facts to your opinion and it was against what you had said, but the facts said you were wrong, would you then change your opinion?

• @Justacatlady What? You just repeated what I said. :/

• It depends on how well of an argument they made.

• No, because I don't listen to what other people say unless they prove their points with information and facts.

• I would still hold my same opinion. There is a reason is called an opinion, doesn't mean its right or wrong. I ain't changing my view on a situation because others have different views. People will always disagree, that's life.

• honestly once my mind is made up I rarely change it.

• depends on what issue.

• I would still hold my opinion on it.

• I would remain the same. However, I would take into consideration what others said and the evidence they present to back up their case.

• No im naturally oppositional especially if its a Guy doing the asking

What Guys Said 8

• well it depends, I haven't actually asked a legit question yet, but I can't imagine me asking a question without prior research being done already where I found out 95% of the world agrees with 1 side and 2% agree with the other, leaving 3% not giving a fuck lol.

• I tend to ask information questions rather than was I right or wrong questions - That said I am so stubborn that 10/10 people could say I was batshit crazy and I would still think I was right.

• I read each and every opinion, and give importance to what they say.

But in a debate or argument, they should explain their answers/opinions with logics, facts etc, then i will change my mind, depending upon circumstances.

Like most GAGers call astrology bullshit, but none of them has 5 % idea about what is astrology and its basic concepts. So these opinions are useless to me, which are not backed up by facts and logics.

• No unless proven with facts and evidence.

• no.

why

because there is opinon and there is fact.

If I said "China is in Asia" or "India is a largely Hindu country".

If I said, "China invented nukes because Confucius wanted to fuck people up who didn't agree with his books/philosophy.." then I'd expect to get roundly dismissed for this.

I have my views, and I believe ANY person should defend them. If it's a subjective point, then it's no more or less right than any others'.

• It depends to be honest

• Well I'd say sometimes it do affect me

• Yes, if it is reasonable otherwise no. I know I can't be right every time😁.