Do you think GaG is becoming more like a dating website?

All I see now are questions about dick size, who's pretty and who's ugly, questions about the ideal male and female physique, and desperate guys asking women to be their girlfriends.

I want to come on here and not feel less and less confident about myself. I want to fit in, and not feel like shit because I don't measure up to any of these people on here. I feel so ugly compared to these beautiful people on here...

Since when is GirlsaskGuys a dating website? I thought it was a site used to get advice from the opposite gender? Why do people suddenly care about who's pretty on the site and who's not? It doesn't make any sense.

What do you think?

• Yes.
  • No. It's always been this way.

Most Helpful Guy

• The site is a lot more communal than other Q&A sites like yahoo answers. People know each other well on here, and its a lot easier to form friendships on here than on other sites. Frankly, i like that aspect of GAG and I don't particularly want that to change. If you're feeling left out, then you've gotta make an effort to integrate, by posting well thought out opinions without being anonymous. No one can get a feel for you if they do not know you exist. You also don't need to be drop dead gorgeous to make friends on here either. A lot of girls don't even have a profile picture and they are still highly valued members of the community. But if you sort of sit back with the expectation that people are going to come to you, you'll end up getting lost in the crowd. by the way, i've been on the site for years, and it's always had a very communal aspect to it, so this isn't a sudden thing

What Guys Said 20

• I use this site when i want to know how a typical average jane or joe would react to whatever crazy idea pops in my head, crazy news story enters my Facebook news feed, or miscellaneous question I have that I wouldn't want my family going on Facebook and reading me asking. When I'm curious about how women feel about a man finger-stroking her nipples, I want simple and honest answers without links to porn and without my mom reading what i write and insinuating why I'd be so curious.

That, and this site's users aren't as weird as the DeviantArt community which I also frequent. I consider this the "dumb teens" and "non-freak adults" polling center, whereas DA is the place to go if I want the opinions of mad genuses and bizarre fetishists.

• It's a dating site

Also , "who's pretty or who's not" , yeah those are just popularity contests.
    Think of them as a barbershop quartet in between an opera.

• It's not really... It's a place to share opinions and to get advice.

• If I were a psychic I wouldn't be on GaG lol , I'd be on Wallstreet.

• Lol.

• It's not a dating website
    nor a transition to be one

If peeps find love here; that's great!
    but the main purpose is to be questioned about exaggerated penis sizes

• lol I already asked this last summer: www.google.com/url

• Dating sites are a thousand times worse than GaG - I honestly think here is really restrained compared with other sites.

• This website has always had a community aspect to it... that is why most people stay at this website for years on end (including myself, 5 years and counting).

• It's a dating site now? ! :O
    looks like I din't have any luck on here either.

• I hear girls on here admit no guys on GAG looks good. To be honest I felt It was kind of mean. I think there at least a few good looking good guys on here...

• Agreed and if you've noticed there's never a "Hottest GAGuy/s" question right? also even when those questions were asked only 2 of 50+ girls would actually tag anyone with their shy asses LOL

• @Watermelonoma CRAP I thought Hypno-trip wrote that, but yeah man you really should write that take/question because it's pretty WTFish when you really think about it. I mean how can there be more men compliments each other men than girls complimenting them? (Not true. I'm sure. but it seems that way) LOL.

Hypno-trip I don't really trip off of it since I just do it for the hell of it but it isn't annoying seeing them say that type of crap.

• They'd go anon and say that there aren't any hot guys... and most of the guys on here are thirsty as fuck, so they'd actually tag girls.

• Lol no I do not.

• Its always been this way.

• Hahahahahaha

• Sadly, no.

• I never noticed it was like a dating site. I message people when I'm bored and its never about getting into a relationship with someone. and the how do I look section is to help people feel more secure about themselves

• Not a dating website but yeah... A lot of things on GaG is dominated by popularity

• at my age, no it is definitely not a dating site!!

• If it becomes dating site... I don't care...

• i haven't dated anyone on here so no idea what ur talking about

• Yo, rate my dick?

• "All I see now are questions about dick size, who's pretty and who's ugly, questions about the ideal male and female physique"

"Since when is GirlsaskGuys a dating website? I thought it was a site used to get advice from the opposite gender?"

You answered your own question.

Since when is asking about penis size NOT asking for advice from the opposite gender? (troll questions notwithstanding)

• I'm not trolling. :/ And I didn't know I was answering my own question.

• I meant the troll questions like "I'm 8 inches am I small?"

• Oh, yeah. Those are pretty bad.

• i have so many internet gfs on this site

What Girls Said 11

• No. I think there are a lot of insecure people who come on here trying to find questions to issues that are plaguing them.

I also don't see why some people want to discourage this site is a potential meet-up for people. If two people are compatible and into each other on here, why shouldn't they be encouraged to date? I mean if you find someone that you like, go for it. What do you have to lose

Also, don't let these people get to you. If you want to feel better, you can go on to my MyTake and read the many comments from guys who have rated me below-average just for me giving a common sense take. I personally feel that I'm a 7-8 depending on how I feel. A lot of them said they saw me as a 4 and yet didn't mention one thing about what I had written.

I'm telling you this because some people feel better after hearing bad situations that others have been in. Maybe you'll feel better.

• That's the one thing that stood out for me on here. The kind of close community aspect of it. Yeah those questions get old, but you get used to it. I used to feel the same way until I started to talk to people. I felt left out so I started making my presence known. Which took a bit of courage, but that's the only way you'll make friends and be noticed here. I'm not even double take gorgeous, let alone drop dead, but that's ok. People here seem to like me for what's inside and that's what matters most.

So don't hide behind the Anon mask. Show who you are, be yourself and own it. Make us notice you!

• I try not to but people only get mad at me when I ask a question.

• From the moment I joined lol. I've had people say all kinds of things to me. Some of stung, I won't lie. But I realized quickly that a lot of people hide behind screens and keyboards hating their lives so they aim to put others down.

• Yeah it sucks.

• It's never been a dating site lol you may think it, people may date each other off of this site, but that's not the sole purpose of this site. As long as you know yourself, that this site is not a dating site, it shouldn't exist in your life/world.

Those questions are asked a hell of a lot. I guess in a way it does put those GaGers in the limelight and it kind of brings everyone on GaG together. Which I don't see as a problem. People can date whoever they want off here (if they chose to) I don't see that as a problem though either. Whatever floats there boat right?

• I don't mean those instances where people happen to have met each other on here. I feel like gag has become a place of insecurity and low self esteem.

• I think people just want to be reassured about things like that. Some of their mind sets believe that they are actually inadequate according to what is portrayed in the society. And I guess GaG being connected with people all over the world, you get more of an unbias and accurate answer.

• Should I post a pic of myself and see how I get rated?

• they have no topics to talk about so they came up with those popular topics..
    but it has been like this for a long time

• I don't think so. It's always been this way and probably will remain the same.

• No I don't... If it became one I would leave

• How does your examples have anything to do with dating?

• It does because people like attractiveness.

• Yes, so? It's not dating until it starts setting people up.

• Okay, but still. I can't edit this question.

• More like a site for nasty south Asian dollops of septic inbred semenal waste to ask pervy questions on anon, and flop their ditty little twigs to the fucking answers.

"helo i luv u want to watch u cum an suk titi"
    "can we speek inbox u sexi"
    "me want to see u kis girl jerk off"

• No. It's always been this way.

• It's always been this way...

• Its always been a place of insecurity, shallowness, and bitterness