GaG is just a popularity contest now?

That's all it is. People trying to impress others. And there's always questions like:

"Who's the prettiest GaGer?"
"Who's the nicest GaGer?"
"Who's your friends on GaG?"
"Who's the most popular GaGer?"

etc etc... and it's getting on my nerves. That's all I see now. GaG isn't supposed to be like this. How's it's about who's the most attractive and who knows who. I feel like I don't match up to any of the popular GaGers. Besides, I and many other GaGers never get tagged in any of those posts. It's always the same exact people every time.

Who else thinks this way?

• Yes, it's all a popularity contest now.
  • No, I don't think much about it.
  • I'm neutral about it.

Most Helpful Guy

• Every single place of Earth is popularity contest. You can find some outstanding people and some shadowed people in every feild and aspect of life. Everyone wants to shine. GaG is in no exception.
    People who are ingenious and post deep things should be popular but unfortunately, only good looking ones are popular here :(

• You won the Internet.

• I agree only with last line.
      Every single place is not contest. I signed up here seeing its a community for getting opinions to make each others life special, ofcourse some people are gonna more popular bcz they are active most often and give more genuine advice. But recently about daily there is a ques about who is bla bla gager or else... It is just sad.

• @rocccky how can you disagree if you're validating my answer in your later sentences lol

What Guys Said 18

• been like that for a loooooooooooong time.
    we basically got half-known people trying to kiss-ass up to the mods and the popular people by tagging them in these posts. i mean, look at how often the really popular people coment on those asks (replies to posts they're tagged in doesn't count).

Just ignore them, and gag can help a lot

• actually i find those questions funny and playful... not insulting :-P

• You can't expect 13-15 year olds to ask or give serious advice. When they went that young, inevitably it's just 'take a selfie' and stuff like that, along with teen popularity contests and rating, etc.

We older people are still here, giving advice, though.

• Most of the younger GaGers are cool and contribute in adult conversations though.

• I hate pictures of myself. I start inspecting my face for acne.

And I let my opinions speak for themselves. Unless someone insults them. Then I protect them like a mother grizzly bear.

• GAG is a popularity contest -_- which is why now-a-days I just summon my whole clan on those questions. Way back when, I use to see the VETs of GAG, say "OMG these questions were fun a 1st, but now they're getting old, on top of the same people usually being mentioned" everytime. Now I'm starting to see what they meant which is why I just tag everybody on my followers list ( At least that way the whole crew/clan gets some love. I usually only get around 1-2 downvotes tops and everyone seems to like it judging from the upvotes LOLOL #SoHeyItsAllFairGame

i1127.photobucket.com/.../...f.com-add-text_15.gif

• if it makes you feel any better, it doesn't mean shit when I get tagged because im not Chris Pratt lol.

• life is one big popularity contest too. if you're popular, you're everything. if you're not popular, you're nothing but dirt under someone else's shoes. fuck all those popular people. in life and on GaG..

• I am going to say C because if you think too much about popularity it becomes a popularity contest. Lets be fair those gagger questions are just friends tagging each other, no real harm done. My view on my profile here I actually try to keep it low.

• I donno I get a lot of attention and great advice on my questions but I'm certainly not popular in fact a lot of my questions are asked anonymously lol I'm not worried about getting put on these polls myself, some people are just super friendly.

• It probably is for most people but not for me, I could honestly give a rats ass about my popularity or anything like that on this site. I give my honest and unbiased opinions, that's why I am here to chat with great people, make friends and help others by giving advice and saying my opinions honestly and truthfully and if that makes me popular, hated or respected or all three that is something that is simply out of my control.

• Life is a popularity contest...

• Those questions are just spam. You get points for asking and answering questions, so lazy people ask stupid questions and give stupid answers. It doesn't even really make sense because if you wanted to waste your time for free shit, there are much more rewarding websites.

I'm not talking about real questions. Literally just "How you guys doin?" or the ones you listed. And the answers that consist of nothing but "mmmmmmmm filler".

• I love it, It's fun and cool, I accep it. Yeah GAG can be a popularity contest !

• Maybe for you... It's a psychological playground for me...

• Wanna know a secret? Life in general is a popularity contest.

• You are right these kind of questions are asked too often lately...

• In a way, yeah. But best to ignore it the best you can.

• Lol its like high school all over again.

• Of course it is, GAG, IS HIGHSCHOOL

What Girls Said 17

• Who cares it's a website it's not like it's gonna effect your real life

• it is. see if i wanted to kill myself because i feel lonely, and I'd come here and people talk to me and are nice to me, i might think twice before doing it.

• Yeah but this person is talking about the popularity contest going on in the site not personal relationships people share here

• Sure, it can be a popularity contest. But there are still questions that aren't like the ones you've mentioned, and it's nobodies fault but your own if you ignore those questions and choose to focus on the "popularity" ones.

• Oh I answer all the questions and I scroll past those ones or try to be funny lol

• It was like that when I joined, nothing has changed accept people don't have to trawl through to see if they have been mentioned. The addition of the @ feature increased the Mention a GaGer questions.

Don't get sore you don't get mentioned, stop reading them and ignore them.

• I do, or comment something like "@everyone" or "@Me"

• Don't worry about it, I don't get mentioned but do I really want to get put in a list of other random people some random guy I don't know wants to compile? I have friends on this site and I know they like me, that's enough popularity for this girl.

• I have a couple friends too

• I don't think much about it.

• Lol, I don't know many people here so I have no one to tag either way. I think it's kind of stupid that these questions keep popping up on forums and sites like this, but whatever. Some people think it's fun.

• Voted C.

I can see where you're coming from, but really, would you still feel the same way and say the same thing if you were the popular one getting all the mentions?

• Yeah, I probably would. I don't like drawing attention to myself.

• We will see each other again. I know it!

• 😔 I'll follow you. Hold on.

• It's open forum... Post what you like, it's how we all get to know one another and creates a more friendly atmosphere towards each of us... there are many other questions which is constantly asked such dick size which is more annoying... What is most annoying is too many gadgers doing anon... :)

• I did anon because I don't like drawing attention to myself. :'(

• Lol okay. :)

• That's why it's an open forum, it is that of your opinion on how you perceive my comment...@ThatPunkGuy... And as you have helped yourself to my comment, that's exactly what you have done so thank you for your honesty :)

• I don't think so. The only contest that I can see is people racing to be the first person to answer for an extra Xper point. Popularity contests based off of looks? I don't really care about.

It's a bit pathetic.

• Yes it is a popularity contest, sometimes.

• I'm neutral about it. Let people have their fun and skip those questions if they bother you. There are plenty of really nice people on gag hopefully you'll get to know some.

• You are completely right... :/

• I am? o. o

• Yeeeeep

• I don't know there was popular people omg amazing

• Yes, it is. I don't think it's only now though...

• Only the good looking people get noticed. All the people who provide deep thoughts or white awesome myTakes are overlooked.

• It's always been like that.

• Do those questions annoy you?

• People are just curious

• Agreed. GaG is a fucking boring popularity contest now.

• The ones who voted B are clearly popular on here lol. I voted A :(