Do you believe in treating the younger people on gag with the same respect as you would someone of older age?

I can respect them but a majority of the time I read their answers it has no gain for me, I do enjoy answering their questions but when it comes to my questions, I often have to either explain it differently or do mental leaps to understand where they are getting at.

Most Helpful Girl

• I don't really have interaction with the younger ones. It's only in questions, they come barging into my threads, swearing the fuck off their heads at me. Sometimes they lack a greater understanding in why things happen. The questions they write, reveals a lot in what they are as a person. Common questions are such as why aren't they getting a guy to approach them at all and how they are still a virgin as 14 or 18 while everyone has lost theirs. These questions are written out of jealousy and an incredible lack of emotional maturity. I avoid them and let them wallow in their self pity.

What Girls Said 5

• most times i dont even look at the age of a user when I'm responding.

• I give everyone the same respect that they give to me. You respect me and I'll respect you. You disrespect me, you get disrespect back. Simple as that.

• Yes but it gets hard to bite your tongue when any vaguely negative answer is responded to with: aren't you too lold for this? You should be acting more mature at your age etc etc. You know what, go fuck yourselves you arrogant little dick heads.

So for the most part yeah, I give them the same respect but not when they resort to the easiest insdult their small feable minds can think of, then I get annoyed.

• Yeah I can agree with that, Im just frustrated because I saw this:
      www.girlsaskguys.com/.../a9796-age-discrimination-a-voice-for-the-young
      This is bullshit.

• War makes too much money to abandon so it will be the go to reaction.

• I can agree with that, its unfortunate that things cannot be done. I was debating someone else about how people are more involved in debating equal rights then taking responsibility and the analogy I cam up with is that: Society is the child and the individual is the neglectful adult. We are all willing to keep coming up with more excuses yet unwilling to take responsibility toward helping people to get better. Is that a good analogy?

• You definitely shouldn't be disrespectful no matter what age someone is if that's what you mean. If their comment isn't helpful then just move on, that's with anyone, everyone sees the world differently.

• I believe in quality.

What Guys Said 14

• I judge the answer by content rather than age of the contributor but I do tone my responses differently to those under 18.

• Absolutely. And if an older person is saying dumb things, I will show them the same respect (or lack thereof) as any body else.

• No, the teeners are still basically children, and haven't earned respect for their life experience yet.

I mean, I don't put them down, but respect? This has to be earned, they haven't had time to earn much of it yet.

• I agree I may not be a teenager anymore but I can certainly gage the fact I have been through more than most and can safely say anyone in my generation who cannot divulge useful information through life experiences should have no place attempting to answer a complicated question related to the intricate workings of adulthood.

• Amount of life expiernce varies with what people have been through though so a young person is capable of having a lot of life expiernce especially if they've had a hard life. You can't simply gauge someone's life expiernce based on their age, it's so much more complicated than that.

• No, not if we're talking a country like the modern USA. People don't get married at 14 in the US, they don't have experience with real relationships that young.

• dont be so quick to praise the people within the older generation here. Many-a-times I've seen some of these so called 45+ users get their assess handed to them vy 17 year olds. So for the moment, im content with judging people on a case by case basis

• Yes case to case is best remember you can put whatever age you desire and call yourself that.

• What do you mean 17 - One time here I was absolutely owned by a 14 year old.

• @KDA20

Well it was just an example lol.. but yes no matter how young they are, they still have the capability of teaching people something

• Indeed I do since sometimes the questions they ask... back when I was there age such questions wouldn't even cross my mind , that alone demands respect lol

Tho I'm not sure if respect is the right word.

• So far i have found that there can be childish answers but as long as your question is solid you can get some nice answers :)

• I just believe in treating everyone with respect unless its like some kind of serial killer rapist or jihadist or something.

• I treat everyone with respect unless they do something that would otherwise revoke that privilege. Being a gentleman means treating everyone with respect regardless of age until they give you reason not to.

• Depends, some 15 year old kid commented on my opinion acting high and mighty saying I didn't know anything and that explaining his position would be a waste of time

So I said "alright you little punkass, fucking contribute to the discussion if you comment on my opinion"

Hate the entitlement of the new generation >-<

• To those who say they won't treat us youngsters equally (and they dont even know us):
    you're gonna become great parents!
    OK, it's your choice but at least be kind..
    Dont judge people from the age. there are many under 18 here that are way more mature than a big amount of people.

• Well.. sometimes yeah... but sometimes i can't help but laugh at some of the questions they ask... so poorly formulated and they just expect us to be mind readers

• I treat pleasant people with respect.

• I try but sometimes I just can't. Some questions are just too funny to answer in a serious manner.

• Depends most of them are naive and immature