Why is MHO so important?

Everyone freaks out about it but its still new to GAG and I don't see much use for it any thoughts on it?

Most Helpful Guy

What Girls Said 5

• i dont really know lol. i dont find it that important either, although i am always flattered when someone gives it to me. i think it's just an element of the website for people who seek a particular bit of advice that clicks with them. it's their way of letting the user know their appreciation =]

• It use to be Best Answer.

I left, came back, and now it's mho.

Mho is a little mark of distinction. A little golden star.

A high mho is cool in my opinion (if the person answers a lot of questions per week)

• I basically forget about it until somebody picks my answer for it haha. Then I usually give them a quick thank you :)

• Erm...5 xper points is why.

• You get to earn more xper.

What Guys Said 13

• It's not important. The politics of this site make it pointless, because the people that disagree with you or are butthurt over something you said will NEVER give you MHO, even if it is in fact the MHO.

• You get 10 xper for MHO.

• It gives you points and makes you feel like your opinion was valuable and the QA didn't just ignore it because they disagreed on a core level or something

• Just to show appreciation. Sometimes people really do efforts to help you out.
    MHO is a way of confirming the effort was appreciated.

• It's not.. I don't really care too much about it. I simply answer the best way I can, for the most part anyway

• You get extra points that lead to the Amazon gift card. If you have a high percentage of MHO then it's kind of a pride thing, or it feels good to know people value your opinion so much.

• Lol it's not.

• It's sort of your e-peen on on gag.

• Are you talking about dick?

• Is that the advice you would have given to 10 years ago you?

• Be more confident? Yeah sure. Would have fallen on deaf ears probably.

• You get a lot of points which you can redeem someday.

• What even is MHO?

• I don't care I just want to help people and get help if needed.

• its not. i don't care about it as much as the trollz

• it isn;t important at all unless you have a really high score but I don't care if I have 3% or 4%