Are there any GAGers who are CRITICAL of your own race?

Please note that I say " critical" and not "hate".

My apologies for asking this question.
I am asking because I ever came across a GAGer who said that he hates a lot of things the people in his own country do but someone thought that he hates his own race.

Thank you for sharing.

Most Helpful Guy

• I think people should learn to be more critical of their own race and their own nationality. It's the only way they can be improved.

What Guys Said 24

• I hate certain things about my race - Neo nazis, White supremacists , KKK, bigots, racists generally any white person who gets worked up about the colour of other peoples' skins. Me I couldn't care less what colour a person is.

• Sure! I think most of the European nations that were once Roman provinces or areas of occupation (so not Germany, et. al, and minus Israel/Asia minor) are surprisingly prickly compared to other cultures, and we don't even know it. The British are probably the worst about it - I suspect their unique humor has its origins from that, as well as their infamous manners. The wholesale adoption of Latin and its origins into our languages is just one of the many things we have picked up from the 1,000 year empire that is still with us today. If modern day west-euro whites are any indication, I suspect the Romans were probably prickly too.

• No point in being critical even if constructively about any race even if we belong to the same. Every race has something that can be criticized / judged. But there are reasons why things are the way they are even if outdated and one can't change everything around. Best is to follow what one thinks is right, be judicious etc

Those who hate their own race / country / people etc are those who scarcely have been to other places and 'other side of the fence is greener' syndrome or even if they've traveled, they haven't really come across the pitfalls of that particular place / race :)

• I think I'm less tolerant of my own race just because I'm somewhat jaded toward it. I figure that happens naturally though.

• I'm critical of all races, I don't play favorites.

• Not my race.. I can be critical of my nation and that's about it. Not my race.

• I try to be critical of humanity as a collective unit.

• No I'm equally critical on everyone regardless of whatever they are.

• Isn't it racist to criticize everyone but 'your own' race? This statement, likemost racist statements, makes no sense in the USA, or many other places, where most of the population descends from several races.

• Which Gager told you that?

• No I'm not that critical of my race..

• Black American culture, like any other culture, has its pros and cons.

No culture is perfect.

• I'm Critical of what the White race did to other races and I'm not too
    happy with their outcome , No i don't hate the White race but you know
    yourself what went down in years i find it kind of sad
    :(

• When will people understand the fact that THERE ARE NO HUMAN RACES... and this isn't even me just being ignorant. The theory of human races has already been abandoned. There is ONLY ONE race and it's called "Homo sapiens sapiens" nothing else. SKIN COLOUR is NOT enough for something to be a different race...

• We toads need to stop being pushovers for mario!

• Nope, I'm proud of my people

• it's good..

• @prof_don and I should be ashamed for this?

• Ashamed... no. Unrealistic... yes. There are pros and cons to everything, including the culture of "your people".

People tend to switch their brain off in regards to things they have believed in for a long time.

• I do dislike this country, but I have no quarrels with being Caucasian.

• No, because I realize stereotypes aren't something people are born with. Humans are generally blank slates and some are dealt bad hands due to crappy parents and terrible governments.

People caught up with race are simply dumb. But they think it's normal because they're American and everyone is dumb here. They take pride in ignorance here.

• @Illusive_Man She's referring to you little brother.

• Not of a particular race, just assholes from all races

• I am, mostly because the latino race has much horseshit history in America.

• Yes, I think that there are some people here who hate Greece

• M not critical of any race?

• I'm white and see white rich people still attempting to take over the world because they think white Christians are entitled.

What Girls Said 17

• The one thing I cannot stand with a lot of black women on this site and in general is that they believe they are "unattractive" or men won't be into them because of their race. Society makes them think they are the lowest on the scale for potential partners, their features, body type and natural hair aren't attractive.

• Other than that I am cool with my race and every race. I don't think it's critical. I just wish black women would stop with this thinking

• I'm critical of dumb idiots in general, regardless of race. However, if I have to narrow it down to my race..

I am so sick and tired of us having this inferior, oppressed attitude. Yes, there is discrimination, yes there is inequality.. we know this but now what? Can we just better ourselves.. starting with ourselves

I've seen black people march and protest whenever another race does something to our race but remain silent on black on black issues. We have many, many issues that we are not addressing and we are in some serious denial in thinking that the world is suddenly going to say " Oh hey, black people, here's good things, just because we're good people." Yes, let's fight for equality but we also have a responsibility in providing for our people. Don't just wait and expect other races to do it for us. I think that this is one of the biggest setbacks for us presently.

• Of course. As an African American, I am passionate about my history and that includes recognizing the flaws in black culture as well as the beauty in it. Any time someone is apart of a group whether it be a nationality or religion, there are going to be things about the culture that the person isn't pleased with. If not, then the person must be super sheltered or brainwashed.

• I am equally critical of all human beings and hold them all to the same standards.

• Hmmmm well I don't necessarily agree with a lot of the the things that many Mexican people do/ the way they think.

• Oh yes honey.
    White girls and their silly obsession with Starbucks.

• I am not critical of any race!

• Oh yes I am. Look at the level of bureaucracy, wealth distribution or altruism in each country. It speaks volumes. That is a reflection of our true culture and the attitudes. Compare it to countries like Australia and Canada, it makes my 'people' dumb or lazy.

• I'm not sure since "white" people are kind of all over the place. I'd have to say no. People are people. There's good and bad in all of us.

• I'm critical about the serious low selfsteem black people have sometimes.

• I don't hate my race. I like being white but what I hate is the white people who make us all look bad. The KKK, the white cops who murder poc... I can't stand it.

• No more critical than I am of anyone else.

• Nope, I am not critical of my race.

• Umm no I like my race...

• no but i got called stupid

• Yeah. They are called liberals.

• To not be critical of your own race is to stick your head in the mud. Being 'white' I'm bless with a bounty to criticize.

Not at all making accuses for pale skinned people but both sides of my white family were forced from home by other whites.

The problem isn't race it is those in power against those who lack it. Poor v. affluent.

Baltimor shows us that. Race aside, we are all equally flawed human beings.

I'm most critical on someone who has been through discrimination themselves but can't recognize that they are doing the same injustice to another. This does not make me popular around Black Christians that hates gays or Israelis.

BUT once we make the breakthrough of seeing someone as a person, not a label, our heart grows with that understanding. Who can't use another friend? ❤️