Do you think the site should allow you to turn off receiving notifications to certain questions that you've posted in?

You know how on facebook, if you've posted on a conversation or a picture in the past, facebook allows you to stop receiving notifications from that particular conversation whenever someone posts something? I was thinking that it may be a good idea to have something similar here, where after you've made a post on a question, you can choose to not receive any more notifications that you would get from people commenting on your answer. Situations where this would be useful, for instance, would be when you have people having a conversation on your opinion which you don't particularly care about, and you just don't want to get notified every time they reply to each other, you could use this system to stop that. Or, you have a question asker who keeps dropping comments on your answer that you don't particularly care about, either because you've said all that you needed to say, or the asker is just boring you and you don't really care about what they have to say anymore, this proposed system would be good for you too. You can currently block the person if you want something like that, but if you're anything like me, you'll find that to be much too harsh a response just to not receive notifications. Would anyone else like to see something like this implemented?

• Yeah, i would like to see this implemented
  • No, i wouldn't like to see this implemented

Most Helpful Girl

What Girls Said 5

• I honestly don't really mind it.

• That would be great! =)

• You can do it. Its called disvowing it or something.

• I think you should be able to disable comments instead. It gets annoying when people come on your question to talk to people

• haha... sure sure... but keep in mind that the more someone comments on your question, the more it gets bumped to the front page of the site... and hence more people will see it

• Oh. Didn't know that.

• I does get old sometimes but eh it's whatever

What Guys Said 4

• nah... i'd like 1 see my nots... always basically ^_^

• I don't think so. That's what the block button is for!

• Yes, implement it... My solution for that was to disvow the question lol.

• Yes, I hate when people have stupid conversations in my post. I support this 100%