Is there a way to block Anonymous questions or a particular Anonymous user?

I don't need to link the question, as many of you have probably already seen the "stunted my height" guy who is Anonymous, and I am so tired of seeing this same guy post his question. A while back there was a different Anonymous guy who was spewing hate toward women with polls and I just got so sick of seeing these people's repeat questions in my feed. They were like broken records that no one wanted to listen to.

I was looking for the Report button, but with GaG's new layout, can't see where it is now, if it's even accessible for Anonymous posts. I also wish there was a way we could block the Anonymous user - not knowing their actual profile, but to know we don't have to be bombarded with their same one-note tunes anymore. *Note, I wouldn't want to block all Anonymous users as some people legitimately go Anonymous to protect their privacy with very intimate questions.

What's more, why can't we turn notifications off when someone becomes impossible and we don't wish to further see the topic again? Even this would be helpful.

Any comments on how to do these things, or show support to GaG that they are important to the users I'm sure would benefit the site and make people more comfortable here.

Most Helpful Guy

What Guys Said 6

• Hey, I got made on many girls because they post questions and opinions which are against to men some times they are not even anonymous but I don't block them because I know they are stupids so I simple ignore them but still I respond to some posts to help them to make them know the truth until they are not offending 😊

• unfortunately not... sorry :-/

• It's Internet...
    The land of freedom
    Just ignore ignore ignore

• No I don't think so sorry.

• This girl must be the one who don't pay for the dates and don't accept that if the guy paying for all the dates then you at least don't cook, clean for him as a favor in back.
    Haha... there are many selfish girls

• Um. What are you talking about?

• May be in the past

@ihatethiswebsite
      Not a troll

• letucce...

What Girls Said 4

• There's a way to block anonymous posts on your own questions as you've figured out already, but other than that, the only way you can block an anonymous person from commenting on your post is by blocking them on that particular question. Just go to the top of the page and click the word Anonymous and it will give you the option of blocking them for that question only.

Other than that, there isn't a way to stop seeing anonymous questions or block anonymous users like you can block normal users (as that would compromise their anonymity).

The only thing you can do in this case is report the question for duplicate or trolling or whatever. Click on the question, then scroll down to the opinion box. Just above that on the right, you'll see a grey flag that will turn red when you click on it. A menu will come up and you can select the reason for reporting the question. It's not going to make it disappear though, as the admins have the final say as to what happens with reported posts.

I hope that helps you.

• Posting a question myself was one thing, it's seeing the same person over and over again posting Anonymously with the same exact question. Not just the person I mentioned in my topic, but I see it periodically with other Anon posters who do the same thing for a while. I hope that if GaG sees this question of mine they will consider it as I'm sure others would like to see the option to stop notifications or block said-Anonymous user regardless of who they might be, so they don't have to read any of their questions again.

• I don't think so. While I see your frustration, that would defeat the whole purpose of an anonymous feature. People, mainly trolls, would use that as a loophole to unmask anonymous posts that may be very private.

No offense girl, but sometimes in life even on GAG, you gotta just suck it up and ignore something that's bothering you

• I find the Anonymous is good and bad for the users. It's a way for regular users who have a 'name' they wish to protect not get outed when they need to post something private or respond to something intimate. This, to me, is a good feature. It's also a feeding for trolls who know what they are saying is going to be unpopular or hurtful.

I normally don't have an ignoring problem, but it would sure help to show the same people who post Anonymously that you've taken the step to remove yourself and never look at their question/s again by really making it permanent, and hopefully it would send an unwritten message that maybe they just need to stop and go away. Also, I think it would help those who have an issue with how to ignore. Each time we see that notification flag, it's a reminder that there is something said that one probably doesn't want to read. I usually just click it to get rid of it and don't look at the question, but I hate that it keeps coming up when I'm done with someone.

• Sorry my response was before your second one. Don't want it to sound like I just dismissed what you said. :)

• lol you're fine. no biggie.

I see your point, but there's no contact unless you initiate it. Seeing the post while you scroll isn't contact.

• Don't get wound up over it. Just ignore him it's not like you have to read & comment on it.

• Just ignore it