Why are there so many creeps on here?

Okay, so most of the people I know on this site are pretty great and friendly. I don't mind giving my Skype out so yeah, it's on my profile because why not

Anyhow, a few times a few people added me on Skype and sent me... images of their penises. This other dude talked me into a camera chat (no, I didn't turn mine on) and he was wanking and omegle came to my mind once again and I told him to go to hell.. and then there's the sexual talk that makes way into my inbox and I just have no idea how to tell these people to stop (I don't like blocking people..) and my age is obviously on my profile so they should be aware that stuff like that is not really approperiate.

I'm aware that every site has their creeps, but from experience GAG seems to be oversaturated with them.

Most Helpful Guy

• I think the reason why there is a disproportionate number of 'creepy guys' on this site is because of the nature of the site itself. It is a site dedicated to helping people who are having problems with interpersonal relationships. Some people are here strictly to help, but a lot of people are here because they have trouble with interactions with their desired gender. So there are a lot of guys on this site who don't know how to talk to girls, don't know how to interact with girls, don't know how to behave around girls... because if they did, they wouldn't be here asking questions. They wouldn't need to know if their penis was an ok size, or how to convince a girl to give them a bj. They would be able to just meet girls, talk to girls, respect girls, and have productive interpersonal relationships with girls.

This applies to girls too though, it's not just broken guys that are here. Sure, the girls aren't sending guys dick pics, but there are a lot of broken girls on here that are in desperate need of near-constant reassurance and such.

An island of misfit toys is going to have its fair share of misfits.

What Guys Said 26

• www.neostuff.net/.../...nce-reaction-celebgate.jpg

The internet has evil powers to make men this way.

• but im a creeeeeeep... im a weirdooooooo... what the hell am I doing here...
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9rsqg95anNw

but seriously like.. its the internet lol.

• I LVOE THIS SONG!!

• @kxera holy moly do girls really like guys that are slightly older than them? I mean I always heard that but im like still trying to accept it as a fact lol.

• Yea, pretty much well I don't know like age just makes a guy more attractive. Some girls also just like like guys with experience. I typically like older guys because they're more mature, intelligent, have similar interests and look better all together I suppose. This has been a thing with me since I was little though I guess. Like guys between 20 and 35 are just *heart eyes* usually.

• Yeah that's probably illegal if they are adults exposing themselves to you. I don't see the appeal of masturbating in front of a person I don't know lol O. O I really don't understand what they're getting from that. I don't understand dick pics or wanting to sext a girl they don't know. It's clearly a sexual turn on though I bet.

• Apologies for creeps on site - Any large internet forum will have them. You said you don't want to do it but you have a few options
    (1) Block/Report
    (2) Set messaging to only accept messages from people you know
    (3) Set your profile to private

Hope the rest of time on site is less creepy.

• personally, i wouldn't have your Skype available to everyone. i mean if creeps bother you that much, certainly you should take your Skype details down an only give it to people you trust

• 0|1
  • You should at least provide a secondary profile, not your main. There are many creepers here. I'm not even sure why they're here, they clearly aren't here to engage in discussions or anything. They're just here to send people dick pics. I don't get the concept.

• Ew that's horrible, I use Skype a lot but I tend to chat to people first and give it out to the few decent ones. I guess any site which has a lot of discussions about sex and relationships is going to have a lot of creeps on it, the nature of the site I guess! But not all of us are creeps. I mean seriously who thinks it's a good idea to send a pic of a penis - do they think women are supposed to swoon and fall in love with it right? I'll never understand guys who do that, it's incredibly desperate and pathetic. But I guess if they bug 100 girls one might actually talk to them right? lol.

• Lol its internet and thus the creeps
    Block delete them

• There are creeps everywhere, I'd be more careful with it. Unfortunately it's something we can't avoid unless we take drastic measures (or preventive measures), like blocking!

• It's the anonymity that draws out the creeps i think. they're anonymous and that gives them a feeling of security. I've noticed a lot of those on GaG too. i would love to kick them all from GaG but unfortunately i can't. best thing you can do is either block them or ignore them. though blocking seems easier.

• Who do we have to blame? The creeps? or you who give your Skype publicly for anyone and if they were creepy with you then you "don't like blocking people"?

• Woah, okay, sure. Naw, I blocked them on Skype and I've no idea who the hell they are on GAG. But it's common sense not to send dick pics to 16 year olds without warning.. or to send them to anyone, for the matter, without being requested for one.

• @asker and do you think they care about your age? Those type of people are sick, they won't say "oh she is just 16" ... But why do you give your Skype to people that you don't trust or don't know?

• Yeah... guys act like the shit when they're behind a computer, but those guys are complete losers in real life

• I would like to apologize on behalf of my fellow creeps.

• If you think this is bad, try playing online video games with a female character or an obviously female username.

• Internet is a huge virtual society where anyone is free to do as they wish. It's a great chance for perverts/creeps to hide behind their computer and do their bussiness.

• Creepers gonna creep. Welcome to the interwebs.

• Fortunately and unfortunately everyone has a right to anonymity, especially on the Internet. The most you can do is block them but there's always gonna be creeps

• It's the internet lol what did you expect.

• Don't give your Skype to anyone here,

• That's why you keep things confidential, and you don't give things out in public. Give private stuff to only people you can trust. ;)

• They're breaking the law I know that much.

• "Give a man a mask, and he will show his true face".

• yes alas all sites like this tend to be, for some reason its seen as a dating site

• Same reason there are so many bitches

Because the internet

Stop complaining

• 0|2

What Girls Said 11

• You should never ever hive away social media information here on gag. Really. This place is full of creeps and before you know it, someone could've tracked you down.
    I only gave my snapchat once to a guy here and I still talk to him. Only give it away if you're sure that the person is trustable.

• Oh my gosh NEVER give out your Skype until you know the person better. At least if they message you here on GaG we can do something about the inappropriate content.

As wonderful as it would be to just give out your info for fun and never meet anyone weird it's super dangerous in the world we live in now. Please stop.

• They turn up everywhere just tell them your not interested
    If I was you I would take your Skype off your profile
    Any messages you receive that aren't appropriate tell them 'I'm to young and not interested' if any keep responsible ignore it until it becomes excessive and then block them.. The had their chances

• That's so weird. If people do that, block them immediately. Also, don't put your Skype for everyone to see. Only give it out to people that you trust.

• There's a filter you can put to stop people to message you unless you follow them.
    Unfortunately, you have to handle the creeps if you decide to be friendly instead of selective over the internet. It's not something you can't help.

• Don't trust people too easily on the internet

• Its the internet.

• You are not alone lol I just say "ok no!" They usually stop in my inbox at that point.

• If you don't want things like that happening, then you have to not give out your information. It would be nice to just tell them to stop and them listen, but that's not how life works. You can't get whatever you want. There are bad people out there that won't care whether you like it or not. Let this be a lesson for the future.

• It seems like guys are bolder online