Why do people judge me for my advice?

When I joined this website, I thought that it would be a good idea to give advice. But, when I gave advice to someone, this guy said to not listen to this "preteen". I was very offended.

Can I be able to give advice to people, or should I leave my thoughts to myself?

Most Helpful Guy

• You will get judged by some people in this way because you're only 13 (not trying to be mean). However, you also have people that actually judge based on the advice given. I don't judge by age, I read what a person says and judge on what they have written. I like getting advice from a wide range of ages most of the time because you get provided with different was of thinking of things. Also, honestly I have been pretty impressed with some of the younger people on this site, some of them are very mature.

What Guys Said 13

• Your advice can be very valuable, actually. Younger people can sometimes see things from fresh perspectives, and their naivety (not insulting here, I mean it in a good way) can cut through lots of adult B. S.

Some people will dismiss your advise, sure. If they do so simply because of your age, though, then that's their loss.

• I said what I said because you said it's not "natural" that he doesn't have a girlfriend yet by 18. I felt like you didn't know what you were saying. Many people do not have girlfriends by 18. But anyway. People on this site judge each other a lot I get judged for my advice a lot too. Sorry if it got you so offended.

• It happens to everyone and not just you. At first people didn't really take me that seriously, but the longer I'm around here, the more people liked me.

• Because you're only 13 to put it bluntly

• Go away you preteen

• get used to it... grown ups here can be really harsh and cold-hearted.

• Hahaha. I had the same problem. Then I made THIS account. xD

• Really? It's just that... just because I'm 13, doesn't mean I can't help people, right?

• But most people are like, "Go away, preteen," and I get super offended that they can't respect my words.

• I wasn't even talking about those sites!

• just give your advice but keep in mind there are some people who doesn't like it

• You're too young to even be on this site, never mind giving advice to older folks on most issues.

• That's how the world revolves :) Don't take it too personal. If someone likes you for you, embrace it and if they don't tell them to piss off. I live in a Kingdom of freedom:)

• yes you can but its ur age you're 13 so most things you say are not relatable to people in there 20s or 30s but i understand you just wanna help

• That happens to everybody, not just you. The internet is full of trolls, idiots, and blowhards. Keep on sharing your wisdom, and don't let the haters get you down.

• Okay, thank you. That makes me feel so much more motivated. I just want to help those in need. Nothing else.

• Same here.

What Girls Said 8

• Yeah, I'm only 40 but I've been called a dumb old bitch pretty much every second day when I tell someone my opinion, or tell it like it is and they get all butthurt over it. Oh and along with being "old" comes all the insults of what they perceive in their stereotype to go along with it:
    "You're old and probably too ugly no guys look at you now." (Stuff like this.)

It's always the same little bull-headed guys, Anonymous 18-24s. I don't know what they have against me but they all sure as shit hate hearing from me. LOL

• Lol I'm 26 and people keep telling me I'm old and ugly just because I said something they didn't like. :'D

• I know. Let us sob together. It just hurts oh so bad.

• You're thirTEEN and therefor an actual teenager. So their insult is completely wrong? XD

So are you really willing to let someone like that get to you? Like you can't get upset when people are wrong. It's a waste of personal resources. If you can't move past people saying dumb things then it's probably a good idea to take a break until you can.

• You're more than welcome to give advice.

But remember that just as much as you have a right to post your opinion, so does everyone else, which includes saying your advice is shit. Even if your advice was on point and helpful, other people can and will say what THEY think.

Whatever you say is always open to scrutiny. Saying "it's my opinion" does not shield you from it and the sooner you understand this, the better.

Never try to please everyone.

• You can give advice, but people just value advice that comes from experience a lot more than theory...

• You can be able to, but people won't expect you to have much life experience because of your age. Besides, a lot of other 13 yo's on here kind of ruin your image by acting quite stupid. If you'd give good advice, I would appeciate it equally to older peoples advice though :)
    If you want to overcome this, best thing is to lie about or hide your age.

• Miss Star,

Let me give you "my advice"
    Ready

Do Not. I repeat Do NOT Pay Attention To Haters (as they are refer to)
    You're ALWAYS going to be judged
    No matter if you had good intentions or not
    Now, there is good criticism and bad criticism (trash)
    As you keep growing up, You'll figure out which is which.
    Good is to better you. Bad is out of jealousy or to just put you down.
    No, Miss Star. You're not the only one that goes through it. We all do.
    But that shouldn't stop us from being "us"
    We have different views and opinions
    and that's why this website was created;
    to help us see what other people think so we can figure out what to do next or just to have some reference.
    Don't feel bad, Miss Star. I'm sure your advice has helped someone everyday (:
    Cheer up!

• That wasn't just judging. That was fucking bullying.

• We're all judged, some agrees some disagrees. That's life, just move on dear, don't let them hold you back.