Doesn't being a "Master" or "Guru" just mean you've spent countless hours on this site? Would you say these people have too much time on their hands?

Most Helpful Guy

• I wish it didn't mean like you mentioned and i wish it meant our real mastery level of membership and showed our talents more... But it means only they spend too much time on this website;not about perfection/efficiency...

What Guys Said 8

• This was one of the reasons I was going to leave GAG.
    There are so many Masters and Gurus that spend all their time just giving one line replies that mean very little. They just comment without giving and sort of explanation or reasoning. They seem to accumulate huge Xper points which can only mean they spend hours on here without giving much real help at all.
    I think Xper point should be stopped. A much better measure of somebody trying to be helpful is the %age MHO. Even that does nothing for me personally. I'm not here for thanks or reward, I just want to help askers in the same way that others have helped me.

• Does a person have "too much time on their hands" if they watch hours of tv or spend hours socializing? Lots of people are on the site because they enjoy it.

• A lot of gurus on here don't give a lot of good advice. I'm close to reaching guru status and when that happens I'm going to leave gag because I'm definitely not a guy I just spend ok much one on here.

• I go here whenever I can and that time accumulates over time and there's nothing wrong with that. I still have my outside life and an SO, it's better for me than playing any arcade games or computer games.

• Well you can argue that they do but then again the majority of people with that level have been on this site for years.

• No, I wouldn't say that. Because they are in ages where they are working or studying.

• I think I have a life, I am going to leave when I reach Guru, but its far yet.. :/

• a lot of them are actually not on here 24/7

What Girls Said 7

• I'm happy for them that they found something they like. Why get bent out of shape over what other people do? Like are they hurting you?

• Not really, some of them have just been members of the site for a long time so they've accumulated Xper over years of membership. But the users that haven't been here for particularly long and are Masters or Gurus probably have spent a considerable amount of time on here to get that much Xper. You shouldn't paint all of them with the same brush.

• No, it simply means they've answered a lot of questions and got upvoted a heap. And they had a few takes promoted.

I'd say if someone had too much time on their hands they'd hit guru within a week.

• Maybe they have 40% most helpfuls?

• No, I think they're awesome!

• No, there are people who have been members for years. So even if they do not log in too much, they still have gathered too many xper points.

• All they ever do is answer questions on gag, most of them dont have jobs.