Should GAG add an "allow anonymous user to mention you" option?

Currently, we all know that GAG does not anonymous users to mention anyone; yes of course we can write, but the mention does not work.

I think GAG should add an option to give users the ability to allow anonymous users to mention them.
Do you agree?

• Yes.
  • No.

Most Helpful Girl

• Yes it would save so much time. I just hate when someone comments whether it's positive or negative and they never receive or check the comment.

What Girls Said 9

• I think the reason they don't is because of harassment, but I think they should make it to where you can block anon users. Even though you can't see their username, the system still knows who posted, so there has to be a way to make those settings available.

• No.
    Why should they be able to mention me if I cannot even see who's doing it.

• well to be fair, he's only suggestion that the option should be available. You'd still have the freedom to not be mentioned by anonymous users!

• I know he's suggesting.
      But I don't think it's necessary.

• No I think it's fine like this.

• I don't care one way or the other. Funny thing is I recently came across a question that was saying Mentions are irreverent & should be dropped.

• No, because users should know the actual person who mentioned them. What if the anonymous person was being insulting?

• no i see why they do not

• Yeah, not much bad would happen if they mentioned people.

• It would be a nice feature but not necessary

• Yessssss would be better.

What Guys Said 5

• It sounds daft but I think it is to stop abusive callouts like say you are in argument with me and you were anon you might think you get away with saying @KDA20 is a dumb irish bastard.

• no... coz most of times it might b 4 insulting reasons and only 8)

• i'm all for having more options for users. Seems like a fine idea to me. As long as people still have the choice to not being mentioned by anonymous users, i really don't see an issue with having the option in place

• No. If they want to mention, they shouldn't be anonymous.

• I hate when someone comments on my anon post but I can't reply :/