Wouldn't it be useful if we could collectively ask someone not to leave GaG, or to come back?

Recently an insightful member left because of ONE clown harassing her with racist comments on multiple accounts.

Wouldn't it be wonderful if we could draft a not to her asking her not to leave?

It would help the site retain genuine caring people who actually give good advice. A lot more effective than trying to contact her individually, assuming she is even chcking messages here.

Most Helpful Girl

What Girls Said 9

• If someone is being harassed on the site they need to contact the administration.

http://www.girlsaskguys.com/faq/account

"What is Cyber Bullying?
    Cyber bullying is bullying or harassing that happens online. Much of it is similar to what people experience offline in schools, homes, or the community. It is a real crime that can cause serious distress and pain, and you can be arrested and sued for such acts. Cyber bullying can happen in various forms, including instant messaging, social networking sites, email, and chat rooms, but the most common place bullying occurs online is over instant messenger. Cyber Bullying will not be tolerated on GirlsAskGuys.
    For more information on how to prevent and deal with cyber bullying, visit Cyber Bullying.

You cannot be absolutely certain if the people you meet online are who they say they are. You do not have to respond to any messages that are rude, annoying, or make you feel uncomfortable. IT IS NOT YOUR FAULT if you get a message that is mean, or in any way makes you feel uncomfortable. If you get such a message, don’t respond. Simply delete the message, block the user, and report it to us via Contact immediately."

This is the best thing to do. You don't have to "just deal with it" or "get over it". Everyone deserves to have a fun and happy experience without being harassed.

• There comes a day when we will all leave.
    Different reasons for us all.

Someone joining and then later on leaving gag must become more accepted.
    As much as we hate it, it is the reality of internet land.

its sad that she left but if gag meant that much to her she would have joined under a new name.

• Who left now?

It's always sad when someone you are connected to, leaves. Even more so, when it is sudden and without warning.

But, it's much like real life.

People change jobs, move away, lose touch.

and... life goes on.

When I left in the past, and, when I finally do again in the future, it will be quiet and without fanfare...

Some will likely notice, but, by and large, most will not.

• If she wants to leave then she can leave. In fact, it's kind of creepy to band together to convince someone to stay on a website where they're feeling unsafe.

It's like a bunch of overly pushy bible thumpers trying to recruit people to a church.

Don't get me wrong it's fine to show your support and sow her you care, but if you really cared you'd respect her decision.

• Well, I think it's better for her to have left. She doesn't deserve that type of treatment, no one does. But if it affects you to the point wherein you cry about it or feel truly offended then it's for her best that she leaves. Albeit, I would love her to stay and if I were a more eloquent writer maybe I could draft her a letter to convince her otherwise, but I feel that would be selfish of me to do so.

• People might choose to leave for more than the reason they express. If I ever leave it would be a hard enough decision without people asking me to stay.

• If she wanted to leave because of the harassment I don't think I could stop her. :( I would try to talk to her though...

• Oh yeah. Absolutely.
    I would do anything for Xx_Dreday_xX & taster to come back.

• when I was cyber bullied I was cyber bullied on sites such as vside meez and stardoll and pulseit I used to be cyber bullied for tons of things on there and I quit and got of those sites and I never came back to those sites any more

What Guys Said 8

• With it being the internet I think people really need thicker skin. If it is that bothersome just block and report them. You can flag racist messages with the little flag icon. Simply not responding to trolls is the easiest way for them to go away. Trolls want to argue, fight, and bicker and by simply not responding they can't "continue." This is easily how you avoid all the wall of text arguments out there.

Plus when a user falls for troll bait they can very well end up just as guilty as the troll by cursing back at them.

• It's super sad. People should learn one thing though when using GAG: they should not block people who do wrong, but report them.
    Now it happens so often you hear these dramatic stories when it's too late.
    Whereas, if the first victim of such creep would report the user, it wouldn't take long before others would do the same. The admins would quickly realize something's wrong with this user. An be able to take action before - as you say - nice and helpful people are chased off this site.

• This this this. People have to know there's a problem before they can fix the problem.

• Happy we fully agree on that one :D
      Let's hope our advise is put into practice by many users!

• If she's left GAG then I guess the msgs will never reach her but yes it's a good idea to have a collective group or something where we can communicate with him/her.

But end of the day it's an individual's choice.

@BelleGirl21 in her earlier profile had similar problems with jerks being rude and I'm SO glad she's back but not all of them do :(

• Meh, people need tougher skins anyway

• Hmm sadly we can't. Anywhere on the internet be it youtube or anywhere else you will get people who make fun of other people and it needs to stop. Personally I have been attacked and I usually just throw the abuser off by saying something against them or weird. Cyber bullying here is simple if he makes accounts and contacts you then block him it takes one click compared to two minutes of creating and 1 minute of searching so say it takes 5 seconds to click and after you immediately see that message block the SOB and everyone is happy I have a nice list of blockees. Not that I need to since I have a tough skin but it still just gets annoying when you can only punch a computer screen:D

• Who left btw?

• I would message her but I dont know her story. It would be weird a random boy messaging that. Have you tried sending her? You know the story better. But then comes real life. She could have moved on from this website..

• That'd be awesome but everyone leaves here sooner or later. When I'm finally gone, I'm not going to come back.