Would you like the genderblock feature better if the gender blocked from leaving an opinion could at least comment on an opinion?

I just think it would suck a bit less if there was at least the option to comment on those who can leave opinions. it would be more beneficial to everyone.

• yes.
  • no.

Most Helpful Guy

• i imagine that would kinda defeat the purposes of it. You get 1000 characters for comments, which is enough to post your opinion on a question without actually posting an opinion.

• not really, you would be commenting on anothers opinion. the way you can now on regular questions.

• yes i know... and using that opportunity, i could post the opinion that i would have on the question if i were allowed to... for instance... watch what i do to Chick180's answer

• thanks for mho!

What Guys Said 4

• I'd imagine that it wouldn't get used properly and that it would cause more problems.

What would end up happening is that people would just leave their opinions in as a comment instead of an opinion. This would also likely mean that whoever's opinion they left the "comment" in would get a useless notification of a user leaving their opinion in as a comment when the user has no intention of communication with the person they are leaving the comment in under.

The whole genderblock system I feel is a step in the wrong direction anyway. It's already silly enough that they come up in the news feed anyway. You read a statement just to find out you can't leave an opinion.

• I just wish they'd either get rid of it completely (Because let's be honest, that gender block is only used to keep people of your own gender from calling your bullshit when you're asking a brag question), or make it so not choosing an option automatically made it Both.

• i'd believe it'd b better if it was abolished... nobody liked it :-P

• yea, but being able to comment would be a nice compromising addition to the feature

• yes for once I agree with you ;p

What Girls Said 7

• i think the genderblock feature itself is pointless. i hate how the genders are divided and it's a feature ill never use.

• I really hate the gender blocking option. It's very stupid.

• true, what would tgat make it a little better, to you? tolerable?

• @watermelonoma Deja vu? Haha, we had this conversation before. :D

• @UnknownXYZ

lol... you're quite right... i believe we did have this convo already ^_^

• Yeah. Sometimes I fo in ans look at the comments and I want so badly just to reply to one and I can't! I never use that feature. Even if I do have a gender specific question.

• same here. if it's someone I talk to in the comments regularly I feel comfortable enough to message them but if it isn't, or they're anon, then no can di.

• Right. It sucks.

• It would still suck.

• What would be the point of that?

• Yes it would be nice if they could still comment.

• Well, it would at least make it more likely for me to open a question that is only for guys.

• you don't open any of them now?

• what for? 😂
      I do if the guys only questions are interesting, but honestly, they mostly aren't... I only see the boring 'why did he ignore me?' type of questions.