Okay GAGers, do you think it's time to ban @mentions from the question description?

This place is becoming a hell now.

"Mention hottest girls; who do you think has the best face, boobs, ass, thighs, feet etc; Who is Indian here? I want curry recipes; Who belongs to Australia, my personal favourite is '@ example'; Whose profile pic is sexiest, I think it's *mentions 20 girls*; Who can eat a turkey while doing hula hoop, I've seen '@ example' doing this."

I don't see any use in getting mentioned in questions nowadays. They are just for the entertainment of trolls and creeps. The site is losing its soul.

Do you think GAG should ban it (only from question description) ?

• Yes
  • No

Most Helpful Girl

• It is literally spamming.

• This site has lost it's appeal for me. lol. I'm not helping people now but just answering boring questions to keep up with m points.

• Yeah when I signed up here, I know how much I got attracted to this but now, old users are not that much active anymore and some of them left. There was no garbage and every day, I used to find several new questions but now same shit.
      The site used to look good too. Now the UI is smarmy.

Most Helpful Guy

• I vote 'B' cause where there is sunshine and warmth there's bound to be sunburn too :) When there's love there's (generally) bound to be insecurity, fights etc too...

@mention is a very good feature and while there are good uses to it which is much appreciated there's bound to be those who misuse it too which is why we have mods, admin etc :)

If we start shutting down features because of trolls and those who misuse it, then GAG may have to shut shop itself :)

• "If we start shutting down features because of trolls and those who misuse it, then GAG may have to shut shop itself"
      That's really an outstanding point :)

But don't you think the quantity of misuse is much greater as compared to its pragmatic use? (Like your last question)

• I did and am :) :)

• Thank you, young friend for the MH :) your kind gesture is well taken and wholly appreciated :)

What Girls Said 25

• LOL to the users who voted no. They must be those who are hungry for attention or have no social life. I have noticed that the questions have been asked almost every single day and some people keep on answering them. Obviously, they understand each other so like DontDroplt says, don't take that away from them.

• Yes cause there is a creep on here who like to make multiple accounts everyday to harass us girls on gag. We block them, yet he comes back with a different account and mention us to annoy us

• I think all 'Who's the hottest/sexiest/cutest GaGer?' questions should be banned. They're pointless and redundant.

• Matters not to me. Those q's are for people who don't get out much. Don't take that away from them.

• Yes, definitely agree with banning @mentions from question descriptions asking who's the hottest. While we're at that, admin should also ban all these questions asking who's the most popular girl/guy user.

• I just don't bother opening them.. maybe they should get there own category, like "gag popularity contests" or whatever, then people who just block them from their feed. (:

• I don't have a problem with mentioning people in questions for actual reasons, like if it's something they may find interesting or if the question pertains to something they said in an answer. So I voted no. Although the number of mentions should be limited to three or some other low number.

I think your question should be more like "Should the popularity contests be banned?" because in that case I would say yes.

• I've provided example for clarification.

• Someone else beat me to it.

• I think admins did that already. I've reported him. Thanks anyway :)

• I quite like having a user tag me in a question, apart from being in a massive list of others. It's something different to the usual notifications I have so I don't mind it. Maybe they could make an option for people to choose not to get notifications for that? If you want to see this happen, contact an admin with your idea/issue.

• The reason behind asking this question was to gather an idea. I like when someone mentions me in disgusting question so that I'd easily hide it. In fact, it happened earlier today.

• I feel like it's been that way since I joined this site. It slowed down for a bit and now it's back in full effect. Doesn't bother me because I don't have to answer it. Just like no one else HAS to answer it. I'm bit tired of people wanting to ban every little thing. If you don't like it, ignore it. How bout we ban the ignorant ass race questions? Or the penis size questions? Or the "my boobs are too small" questions? Better yet, how bout we ban Anon users that wish death on people? If everything that everyone wanted banned actually got banned, then there would be no GaG.

• Actually, the questions you mentioned are completely legit for the site. And xper hunters would feed them.

But I got your point.

• I just don't look at them.

Some people have developed real friendships here and there are cliques. This happens on every forum there is.

I'm still here to have fun and help. I just skip those questions altogether and let them have their fun :)

• I'm pretty "meh" about them. I think they should have a separate category. If I'm not in the mood for them I just go past them.

• Yes I think so.

• The majority of the poll votes are yes. Therefore, mentioning usernames on questions should be banned.

• Sure... but who didn't predict this happening?
    Haha

• i dont tag anyone so i really dont care

• "Who is Indian here? I want curry recipes" 😂 that just made my laugh so hard lmao ~ but yeah..

• Well honestly it's their opinions... Yea it's little weird about the whole who's hotter and shiz but it's GaG and the Internet you can't stop it.

• Yes, it's so annoying having questions like that.

• I don't like it when I was mentioned together in whole list of gagers. Like spamming

• They should but then they should also work on the opinion comment system as when we comment on someone else's opinion it is difficult to get answer without them tagging us. You have to either keep checking the post or you're left with no answer.

• I don't have a problem with it.

• It's getting a bit extreme I'll say that

• I really don't care to be honest.

• No, it should never be banned so that I can tag GAGers like you in my questions if I want :-)

• Yeah, I think so. The hottest female or male Gagger questions are ridiculous.

What Guys Said 16

• "banning" any subject, book, movie, music, or religious belief is a soft term for censorship!!! if you ban one thing today because it offended someone, then tomorrow you will have to ban something else because someone else found it offensive and then soon there will be no use to have GAG because everything here is going to be offensive to someone especially those people that think God died and left their religion in charge of the lives and morals of the world. censorship is about to backfire on the "moral minority". oh wait they are the 23% or less that call themselves the moral majority but obviously they can't do math well either.

BTW: did you know there is a Disney movie from the 1940's that is BANNED in the united states? if you want a copy of "Song of the South" you will have to buy it from sources in Japan. Reason for banning it? It accurately depicted the aftermath of slavery in the south. 40 years later it had become offensive to certain radical groups that were seeking to rewrite the history books. they succeeded and an otherwise terribly done movie and all of its characters were removed from Disney history. a sad loss considering the movie produced the first academy award for black male lead actor.
    think long and hard before "banning" anything it is just another word for censorship

• Actually, what i would really like to see is my suggestion endorsed, which is to allow people to turn off receiving notifications from certain questions

www.girlsaskguys.com/.../q1483654-do-you-think-the-site-should-allow-you-to-turn-off-receiving

turning off notifications from the question description won't really keep people from putting the users name in the description. if people are saying shit about me, i kinda like knowing when and where

• I know and appreciate it. But it won't stop harassment.

• Do you know her? XD
      Congrats! You have now your own personal troll 😁

• i have an idea of who is may be yeah!

• they would have to remove it from updates as well. I think if they did that then some people would lose interest in making a mention question to begin with if they wanted to mention their peeps initially.

im just sitting on the bench

• defientely... some guys do it in order 2 insult other GAGers like dat moron who's obsessed with @chick180 n @genie23 o_O

• That feature is being abused more than it's actual use

• Yeah.. Lets face it. It's absolutely pointless. Whenever I get messages from
    GirlsAskGuys-Sytem from post removal this contains in the message

''These posts don't fall within our mission of a helpful and caring community, and they don't add value to the site.''

So exactly does these mention questions.

• I'm not a fan of those questions either, but banning them in my opinion is too drastic of a move; it would alienate the younger demographic that GaG is aiming to attract!

• I agree. Thanks :)

• Very good point.
      What was the minimum age back then?

• It was age 16 until it got changed back in 2014

• No.
    First, we may mention some people about some other questions, such as I want to mention you on a question like "which Indian city is best for tourists", which are not about hottest-girl trolls.
    Second, even if GAG bans it, if, for example, I want to mention you, I can still say something like "do you think GAG user YourFutureEx is hot" or post a link of your page.
    It just does not work for those creeps.

• Just remove those questions immediately is fine, I think.

• 1. But people don't use it positively.
      2. They can't send it to private profiles.
      3. If they really want advice of specific person then they can ask him/her on PM

• Yes it's becoming a abused feature i notice
    i don't mind at all being mentioned as long as
    it's all something funny, positive of that nature
    maybe they should get rid of it cause i agree
    it's asking people to mention whose hottest,
    nicest etc.

• No I think its cool and if so many people hated it then why do they answer them? They love to hate but deep down they love it.

• I feel like people who know they are hot make those questions for an ego stroke.

• I agree, I've been logging in less here recently as the majority of the questions have been just that. I used to like the questions where one was supposed to give their opinion.

• lol, I've only done it when appropriate, and i've never been in a mention so it doesn't really bother me at all. I guess I'm neutral on this.

• i think you're envious...

• Its not bad but some are using it annoying others.
    Only your followers can mention you.. I think this should be the rule.

• And if you comment at some person opinion than that person can mention you.

• Thank you!
      We gotta make this a better place.

• Thank YOU!!!

• would reduce notifications but the amount is getting ridiculous