So, signing up anonymously?

What do you think about this new feature? Now you can basically be on this site as a guest without making an account.
I'll share my opinion later, in an update.
Discuss.

• Great, it will add so much diversity to the site!
  • Totally bad, it will make trolling easier
  • Don't care
My opinion:
It annihilates the notion of Internet identity. And it facilitates those who'd rather not have one. In other words, and to quote @douride2,
Let the trolls run wild.

Most Helpful Girl

What Girls Said 4

• Let the trolls run wild.

• Sounds good to me. But then again, I support anything related to the reinforcement of anonymity...

• Why? I'd love to hear your take on this.

• Wow, just wow. Thank you for taking the time, kind lady. You and I will get along well. :)
      With that out of the way, I'd like to bring your attention to one point.
      The Web is already the altar of anonymity. Unless YOU share information about yourself, there is no way they'll be able to trace it back to you. And you can create a new identity whenever you want anyway. Anonymity, though, makes IMHO little sense in a board such as this one, mainly meant for personal development.
      I'm sure you'll agree that the development of the person mainly comes from experiences they live, and how they deal with those. As anyone in marketing knows, experiences and things are completely unrelated. Experiences are all about people, and thus about the notion of identity. As a general rule, the better the insight into one person's world, the more you both grow. And one would think this is the reason one joins G@G in the first place. A consistent "report" feature would fix most of the problems you listed :)

• 'Cause again, they're about people, not things :D

• That's kinda creepy

• GAG is helping the trolls!

What Guys Said 6

• I like how you made anonymous posts not allowed. I think having profiles makes the site a more open community. Being anonymous gives the impression that people should be secretive.

• i1127.photobucket.com/.../...f.com-add-text_15.gif Totally bad, it will make trolling easier

• Although I support the ability to be anon, and I have never limited any of the responses to my posts, I think now I will make it no anon allowed... when did this go through? I fear this a lot... I may not be the biggest user here, but I have been on since 2009 and trolling has just exploded over the last year I think.

• It's an open invitation to all trolls on the internet.
    Ad if the 'private' profile and the Anonymous aren't enough.

• Edit: as if the private profile and the Anonymous aren't enough

• There's already about zero information about the person you're answering to:
      Just age & gender, often no country, no state or city/town. Maybe some little bits. Like Omegle, nearly.

• Bad idea thus for a Q-A site.

• scary,,,,, very scary o_O

• It's a bit pointless. You are already anonymous unless you give people your real name.