How can I get more followers on GaG?

I'm new and don't have any till now :( and I'm not a hot/pretty girl

There you go... it's anonymous no more.

Most Helpful Girl

What Girls Said 17

• First of all, don't post anonymously. This prevents someone from clicking on you and following. Secondly, be nice to people and give a thoughtful opinion. Even if the truth hurts, you can still deliver your opinion in a way that can be respectful.

People here are often going through hell with a problem we don't understand, or view it as something that's not the end of the world. Being sensitive to this helps, and offering some solutions based on your experience, or providing links to back up your information is great for the person to consider.

Did I mention be nice? :) People don't want to follow twatwaffles. People like to read something coming from someone who seems to care about the situation and might be fun to read again because they can pepper in some humour or give some sort of entertaining read.

• Beautifully said.

• Yeah good advice, thanks. But have been an active member for three weeks without any followers.

• I work my butt off to say something to help people, not get followers. That's not why I'm on this site. It is not a popularity contest to see who has so many followers but whether or not you said one thing that might have changed someone's life for the better. :) That will always make me feel like I am on this site for a reason.

• Follow people, they might follow you back. Be active on this site. Post interesting questions and opinions. Interact with other gagers.

• yeah but I guess people don't like getting message here.

• Not everyone is like that. By interacting, it doesn't only have to be through private messaging, it could be through responding to comments and answering questions.

• You gain followers by being active, talking to people, posting interesting content and just being a generally nice person. :) It may take some time to accumulate many followers but followers aren't the most important thing here like it is for some other sites.

• yeah what do we actually get by following people and other people following us. There seems to be no point in it.

• I don't follow people back. I only follow those I want to follow due to their content or if I know them, which is what following should be.

• really? but I'm so cute lol

• Dude, you're anon.

• yeah so? like posting this question non-anonymously will get me more followers?

• You just become active!

• Just be active. Not everyone wants to be followed or follow someone though.

• yeah probably getting many followers doesn't make much difference.

• Give opinions , helpful ones ! :) message and follow lots of people xxx all the best

• messaging random people sounds creepy I guess so I don't use that option.

• Haha like. If their comments look friendly, go outta your way to make friends though. It's not like they're gonna pitch up at your house with pizza tomorrow :) x

• Good job coming off anonymous. Start posting comments on people's opinions. Post interesting answers to questions. It will happen in time. :)

• Just help people out. It doesn't matter what you look like. I bet your pretty anyway.

• *you're. haha yeah I guess I don't look bad, I'm of Latino and Indian ancestry.

• 0|0
    • ok answered that.. but it was anonymous, I think that guy might be very into you.

• Make a profile as a woman and put a picture of a woman as your profile picture.

• yup already got that from many people

• yeah there is My Feed on the right side of the screen which shows people's (that I'm following) opinions and questions.

• wow, i'm so blonde I actually never noticed that before, thank you!

• Be active and funny

• I've been giving quite a few witty opinions.

• There ya go getting the hang of it

• i don't have many followers... I don't see why you want followers.

• I was just wondering what difference does it make to have many followers... so posted this question. :)

• I don't want people following me.

• Obviously you're not a girl. Or are you?

• Nope, pretty sure about that.

• You're not even an ugly girl.

• go off anon and ill follow you :) jk who gives a fuck?

• this is why anonymous opinions shouldn't be allowed :D, should have ticked that option.

What Guys Said 23

• Are you male or female? If I'm not mistaken, your heading colour is blue which indicates male.
    Firstly we don't know what you look like, not that it's really relevant.
    You will gain followers by giving good and sensible answers to questions. If you become consistently good, you will gain followers quickly.
    But really, it is only incidental to what goes on here. There are all sorts of trivial questions here, some that are amusing, while others are very serious. And I mean occasionally young people being suicidal. I suggest you start off with some of the less serious questions just to get a feel of it. And try not to give one line replies which do not help the asker very much.

Anyway, welcome to GAG!! We are generally a friendly bunch and like the odd laugh among the serious stuff!

• yup the site is getting a little addictive I have to say.

• Posting anonymous doesn't help with that, lol.

Be cheerful, be helpful, say and do nice things without expecting anything in return. Speak your mind, don't be afraid of controversy.

Most important? Be noticeable. If you aren't active, you're less likely to be followed.

Also don't care about it... it isn't a big deal, and people can smell neediness even through text. Put a smile on ;)

• I post a very few questions anonymously.

• You're not a hot/pretty girl? ! Good luck dudeeee

• hahah exactly my point.

• so no chance for me at all then?

• Based on what @Phoenix98 said

You and me are out of luck asker!

• 0|0
  • Just simply answer questions, post your own and take part in the site.

• I think I've been pretty active for three weeks. Now I can't login everyday cause I have to study and do other stuff.

• Obviously but just do like what I said follow people who interest you, answer questions, my takes and post your own, be active and get know and they will come.

• 1. make a new account but switch the gender to female.

2. The upload a picture of an attractive girl as your profile picture (nor too attractive tho, you want it to be believable)
    3. Post opinions on sex related question
    4. To get female followers just act really condescending and snarky and pretend to like you don't care about what anyone thinks about you. Also make sure your opinions are "Liberal Approved"

• 5. Contact admins that he accidentally selected girl as gender, please change it and then mission will complete.

• How about don't do that?

• @Chick180 don't do what?

• ask good questions have good comments/ opinions

• Post helpful opinions. Make jokes. Do stuff.

• yeah will try. cool username by the way

• I almost went with ClintBeastwood. And thank you. If people like what you have to say you'll get there.

• not be anonymous would help, how can i follow someone i can't see who they are

• I don't get the concept actually. What do we get by following other people... don't know.

• the idea is frequent vistors to your account and friends, i have one guy i message all the time because we followed one another

• 1) Get off anonymous
    2) Post good, well thought out opinions regularly
    3) Fill out details about yourself in your description so people get a feel for who you are
    4) Comment on other peoples opinions if you happen to agree with them
    5) Follow and message other people that intrigue you

• wouldn't sending messages to strangers be creepy?

• P. S. having a lot of followers means nothing on here. I know people with hundreds of followers, but their inbox is more dormant than queen Elizabeth II's vagina. What's more important is making connections with people from across the country/world. That's where this site generally shines... but forming those kinds of lasting connections takes some work

• okay will do that then.. thanks

• follow every1... chances r they'll follow u back 8)

• okay probably should try this one.

• Be cool? Make GOOD responses to people's questions.

• Use this site without using anonymous so much, then you will be noticed. Follow some people too and see if they will follow back. And last but certainly not least, be nice and helpful with the other users, then you may be liked by people here.

• generally I don't. I use anonymous option for a few questions.

• Post rate me questions, or ones with really simple answers.

• yup rate me questions I guess work only for girls, i don't get more than 4-5 opinions usually.

• Getting followers can't be taught...

• I'll follow you if you follow me lol

• boobs and pink text lol

• quality vs quantity whats the point of having a bunch of followers to show you are popular?

• yeah you're right, but I was just wondering why some people have 3-4 followers while others more than 200. I don't see the point to tell you the truth.

• there is no point i think the only thing it does is show you there questions/answers in the feed but with 200 followers whats really the point i wouldn't worry about followers you are probably more concerned with it then other people honestly i don't think anyone really cares about that kind stuff on here i mean i don't

• Make a pretty hot girl account.

• by stop being anonymous

• make a fake girl profile and post a sexy pic as dp.
    and there would be raining of followers and creeps asking nudes. LOL!

• Post a video of yourself jerking off

• I guess that would be taken down.

• Yeah... but you would be a legend... and people follow legends XD

• show your boobs

• don't have them. Pretty muscular though.