Ever notice that it's easier to get close to a person here by commenting on their opinions than messaging them directly?

maybe it's just me but if i want to get close to someone on this site it's easier to just comment on their questions and their opinions a lot than just messaging them directly. did anyone else notice this?

Most Helpful Girl

• I much rather that. Not into PM'ing.

• do you ever pm people after you've gotten to know them through public chat?

• i know a girl who not only likes cow meat, but she actually eats the cows living! like she will go up to cows while they're grazing or something and just start taking bites out of them lol its the funniest thing

• ... Wtf?

What Girls Said 7

• Yes, because messages can get creepy so I don't usually reply.

• I agree. I learn and get along with people more through comments and answering their questions/myTakes. I don't think there's anything wrong with that. :) You can still have good direct messages though!

• Well typically it is a lot less creepy and I don't need to worry about perverts because someone will have my back if it is on an opinion

• yes, sending somebody a message on a site that has a messaging function is VERY creepy...

• @Asker it is when half of the messages you receive from guys include shots of their penises.

• Exactly @Watermelonoma thank you

• I usually will get a comment back and then a message (usually related to the feet) and a follow.

• Yes, I have noticed that.

• I try not to get close

• Yes! Totally noticed that too... not sure why though 😅 hmmm, it's a mystery I guess.

What Guys Said 5

• Very much like how in real life you're not creepy if you talk to someone in a public place rather than holding them standing in a lone alleyway.

• eh the reverse is true for me. i get closer to people on here when i message them directly and get a feel for who they are on a slightly deeper level

• do you message them before you chatted to them on their questions/opinions? in other words when you message them is it the first time they're ever hearing from you?

• care to give tips? i'm not an expert in online socializing

• well, for one thing, it helps if you actually invest time into making an opening message. Like... make the kind of message that you yourself would be eager to respond to. A lot of guys are super lazy with this, and they'll be like "hey" to a girl for instance and expect her to jump out of her seat to reply to that.

• hahahha not at all... i don't chicken out :-P

• ah ok. i wish i had that kind of courage.

• Very true observation

• I've done that here and there