Is being friends with benefits seem bad?

I am a 22 year old girl and I have a guy that I am currently seeing for benefits. My question is does it seem wrong for a girl to have a friends with benefits? I mean I am being safe about it and he is my only partner. Please dont be mean about this.

Most Helpful Girl

• Make sure you and him are the right kind of people for this type of a relationship. I don't think everyone can do it. Its easier if you don't have any other expectations for your 'relationship' with him. If you are in it expecting something more, just leave it. It might turn into something more but most probably it won't.

Also make sure the guy is up for it. My last friends with benefits was a guy too religious who ended up telling me it was a sin for us to be together. Such a hypocrite. So keep away from these.

What Guys Said 7

• 1. friends with benefits is a better of situation when you know what you want. When you are sure especially better if both of you are sure, it's a great situation
    2. You are being safe but sure hope he is being too :)
    3. friends with benefits isn't something that has cropped up today, it's been there and legitimately so for eons in various areas and communities of the world so nothing wrong with it :)

• My "GF" and I are like this. We are like long-term friends with benefits lol, be we can see others too. It's an open relationship. It works with the right people. The trick is lots of communication I think.

But I just turned 27 and need to settle down. I should probably get more serious with her. Realizing I'm getting too old for this lol.

• friends with benefits is all about satisfying eachothers needs.. its not bad or good... it is what it is.. two adults helping eachother. just be safe, if you two have any other partners, then use a condom

• everyone seeks a friend with benefit in this world. think deeply about everyone you will get to know about this.. there is nothing bad in geeting help from some friend of yours... but it is bad in making use of him/her in a situation an let them alone when they need you or when you left them bcoz of other new friends.

• In my case it is because I'm falling in love with her but I noticed that it will never be

• Life is too short, if you safe about it go for it. nobody can judge you.

• I really want to know too.

What Girls Said 3

• If you're being safe and it's what you want, it's all good.

• Friends with benefits is great, but when you or the other person is also screwing around with others it's not soo good.

There are soo many sexually transmitted diseases out there and even though he may be the only guy you have chosen to be sexually intimate with, how do you know he feels the same way? Guys like to indulge in a wide selection and when he gives you an STD he'll just move on and you have to live with it.

Whether or not you use a condom, there are 2 types of STD's that are spread with or without a condom. All you need is skin to skin contact to get infected with Genital Warts and Herpes. Oral sex without a condom is very daring also. The more sexual partners the more chance you have of infection. I hate to sound negative, but STD's are very very common. There is no point in asking him if he is sleeping with other girls, because he'll get angry or deny how many there are so you keep sleeping with him. Condoms don't solve everything.

• What happens if he ends up finding someone and stops all contact with you? I know a lot of girls say 'oh but we're just sleeping together.' No matter what, girls always become attached emotionally to some extent. If he finds someone to be with and cuts it off with you, you'll feel like he's treated you like a slut because you agreed to being treated like one. No matter how much he sugar coats friends with benefits, deep down he knows your disrespecting yourself so he'll treat you that way but he'll be more sincere about it because you're sleeping with him. At the end of the day, a guy wants a woman to have more respect for herself. Guys don't marry or commit to easy girls. Think about your self respect, he couldn't care less as long as your opening your legs and giving him what he wants and then when he's bored he'll move on to something else and you'll feel used and he'll just say 'oh well, you agreed to just friends with benefits. Thanks for the pussy ride, catch ya.'

• I think it's awesome. Just be sure to have safe sex.