Do you get many messages from people on here?

I've been on here about half an hour and I have already received one. Just wondering if this is the done thing. Also, does it vary by gender. A male friend of mine got me onto this and he said he doesn't receive any.

Most Helpful Girl

• Yes, you'll be receiving lots of messages. You're gonna meet the weirdest people on earth.

• Oh gawd, do you get some real creeps on here? So far it's been a nice conversation starter but I hope it doesn't get weird.

• Yes. I ignore 98%, it's bound to get weird. Just warning you.

What Guys Said 7

• Generally only girls get many private messages. Mostly harassment, though.

I get a few legit ones, but I've been here a long time.

• I think girls tend to get quite a bit more messages, similar to how guys are more likely to approach a girl in person than a girl approaching a guy.

• strangely i do... even if i don't initiate o_O

• I was going to say to my friend that it is because his profile picture isn't of him but neither is yours haha :D

• If you're just beginning to use the internet, then you'll quickly realize the disproportionate amount of messages sent to females compared to males.

• I've kind of avoided it a lot to be honest haha. I mean, I have used it but I have never really created accounts on anything before.

• i rarely get any messages. The only time i get messages is typically when i initiated the conversation. But without me initiating, id probably get 1 message every few weeks/ month. If you're a girl though, people will message ya all the time.

• Yep it depends on your gender. I got a few but not crazy amounts.

• sometimes yes sometimes no depends on the girl

What Girls Said 5

• I get a lot of messages from Followers/Following and some, who keep in touch with me every day, are my special friends.
    I think the more you are "Out here," the more you will get messages.
    Good luck. xx

• yes i do and i feel honoured that people take their time on me even tho i dont reply quickly =/

• I hadn't really looked at it that way, that's nice.

• Depends on the day. I'm not a fan of messaging so I really don't talk to people on here unless it's on the board

• Most guys don't receive messages, but boy do they send them lol.

• Yup, I think so. :)