Should GaG allow us to upvote and downvote opinion comments?

I mean, it's great that we're allowed to upvote AND downvote comments (unlike *cough cough* YouTube), but it's kind of annoying at can't do the same for opinion comments. I see some smart ass opinions here and of course I downvote at times, but sometimes I see the most clever responses and I want to upvote them so badly but I just can't! I really wish we could. It would allow us to show appreciation to the people with clever replies. What do you think?

• Yes, I think we should be able to upvote/downvote opinion comments.
  • No, I don't think we should be able to upvote/downvote opinion comments.
Please don't be rude...
Jesus guys. It's just a though.

Most Helpful Girl

• It is just a comment. Not a popularity contest to see who say the smartest thing in every comment. We already the voting option for each opinions. It's just more programming work for GAG team to implement that feature. It sounds exhausting if people want to nit pick and analyse each pointless comment which could be 'lol', 'sue my ass', 'hahahhahaha' etc.

What Guys Said 14

• I say sure... why not? Just no auto-hide feature after too many thumb downs (like YouTube)

• I wish i could downvote opinion comments from time to time. Like just recently, i posted an opinion that said something like "I don't criticize any girls by their sexual backround, but when it comes to dating, i do have requirements, because if she has slept with too many guys, i wouldn't feel secure in the relationship". Then some smart ass guy comments on my opinion saying something like "Yeah man i agree! All those girls are SLUTS, and don't deserve a date", and conpletely twists what i said.

Then guess what, because of that guy twisting my words, my opinion gets down right attacked by a horde of angry females.

You have no idea how much i wanted to downvote that guy...

• It's just votes any how. I don't really care as much

fc04.deviantart.net/.../...everknowwho-d6m6usm.jpg

• Yes, we should be able to upvote / downvote opinion/ comments
    how about adding something when you upvote you get
    rewarded with X-per points i thought of that one too :-)

• It will probably happen in a future upgrade

• Sure, I don't care when people down-votes me. Sometimes I think there's a random guy down-voting all my opinions

• Yeah sure, as long as they dont get rid of my comment

• They don't do that unless it violates the guidelines.

• That's the funny thing though. All in all, it's their own stupid opinion that I don't share. Their guidlines in that regard don't mean that much to me, so I usually say whatever I want. For all I know, half the stuff I say could get deleted for being rude or hatefull or whatever, but then again, what is hateful? I don't know, not me, because in my opinion, I never am.

• Exactly. I hate that.

• He'll no! Let's not make this the next Reddit

• No, it will be complicated I think.

• No it is useless

• Yeah I don't see any problem with that. Also some Xper points for upvotes will be great.

• Then it will be more like facebook

• I don't think they should

• no. i don't even upvote or downvote comments

What Girls Said 7

• No, it's their opinion. Just because you don't agree with it doesn't mean you should down vote them unless they something that has nothing to do with ur question and was just rude

• I do if they're rude about it though. For example I have bulimia and I asked a question right? Some guy just came on my question to call me fat. Of course I downvoted because he was just plain rude. Of course you're allowed to express your opinion, but not in a rude manor. Even if someone had a different view on gay rights than I, I still wouldn't downvote because they were not rude about it.

• Well him calling you fat is rude... But I'm guessing you down vote for anything, goodbye!

• What? Of course not. 😢

• I think that's just too much downvoting and upvoting for me!

• sometimes i wish i cld
    :P

• No, I don't think they should even be on opinions because why judge someones OPINION?

• That's true though! You can't really judge what someone thinks.

• Okay but, why would you judge what someone thinks? Like right now, I think the voting things are stupid. Why are you judging what I think? It's MY opinion. @been_waiting

• We all decide what we think of the opinions of others. You think voting is stupid. You are judging the opinion that it is a good idea. So.

• i hella agree

• yes i think we should!