Is it against copyrights if I take a photo from the friend of a friend's on facebook and put it on GAG?

So say if I am friends with someone on facebook, and they just became friends with someone else, and I took their profile photo (this photo can be a photo of someone they know or the photo of themself) and put it on GAG on a question post. Is this legal or is it against copyrights? Thanks

So say I had a friend on facebook and they just became friends with someone else; can I take the profile photo of the friend of my friend on facebook and post it on GAG?

Most Helpful Girl

• Let's take a stroll to the TERMS OF USE www.girlsaskguys.com/content/terms-of-use.html

USER CONDUCT AND ACTIVITY
    You understand that the Website, Services and Goods are available for personal, non-commercial use only. You represent, warrant and agree that no materials of any kind submitted through your account or otherwise posted, transmitted, or shared by you on or through the Service will violate or infringe upon the rights of any third party, including copyright, trademark, privacy, publicity or other personal or proprietary rights; or contain libelous, defamatory or otherwise unlawful material.

Sooo yeah. Def against the terms of use you agreed to when you joined the site and a generally sucky thing to do to your friend.

• why would you say I'm doing a 'bad' thing? I mean, what did you think I was going to do? Please tell me

• I know, but why do you think I would want to take a picture of someone and put it on here? What did you think would be my reason to put it up on here?

• Because that's what you said you wanted to do in your question...

"I took their profile photo (this photo can be a photo of someone they know or the photo of themself) and put it on GAG"

What Guys Said 6

• I think that Facebook's Terms and Conditions stipulate that you lose ownership over any photos that you post on Facebook.. That makes them Facebook property and the initial posting person's property, but not yours. However, there is a thing called Fair Use. Using them for this site should fall within that. You would have to read up on the current law to have a better handle on that.

• Yes technically it is against people's rights but in the other hand it is internet, when you upload a pic you are saying goodbye to it

• Unless it's a photo of yourself, I wouldn't do it, even if it is legal.

• It is wrong use others photos without there permission. I don't know that it is ligal or not but it is not a good behavior

• As long as it isn't copyright

• Yes. Facebook owns the rights.

It's wrong on top of it.

• how about if I pull up images of any person that come up on google (could be a twitter picture or whatever, it could be self-taken) and put it on GAG on question post? Is this legal or infringing on copyrights?

• Not necessarily.

Doesn't matter though, they'll just tell you to take it down anyway.

There would only be legal action if you defamed someone's character. They might try a lawsuit then. Or tried to profit

What Girls Said 6

• I wouldn't do that. That's a violation of privacy. Yes, it's their profile pic, but it is there for people to put a face to a name. It isn't there for non-friends to steal and post on another site. Also, depending on your reason for posting it here, that person can sue you or press charges against you. For instance, if you commit slander, that can result in a lawsuit. If you are going to make fun of that person, that's bullying and charges can be pressed. There's actually laws about what you can and can't do in regards to others from fb. Fb has left people open for a lot of trouble.

• If your friend found out... decides to sue GAG for listing their photo, (while finding it through google search) then there would be legal trouble for GAG. I wonder if any pictures posted here are under GAG's ownership automatically?

• whether it's legal depends on where you live. it's unethical everywhere though.

• Can't wait til your ass gets sued.

• If you do it without the person's permission, then it is morally wrong.

• If you do it without permission it's more morally wrong than anything...