How do you handle GaG Catfish, Trolls, and A-Holes?

Yeah, it's the Internet. People can be ridiculously rude, fake, and downright mean. But it's just getting so annoying all of the perveted men pretending to be girls/women, or the "girls" making up BS outragesous posts (usually anonymously), the anonymous trolls wanting to pick Internet fights, or people being blantant dick faces just because they can and want to.

It's frustrating to me that you can't block an anonymous user. How do you handle these fools that you know are obvious catfish, trolls and/or A-holes?

PS. No anonymous posts for obvious reasons.

• Just ignore them (don't read their posts at all)
  • Block the ones that I can and ignore the others
  • Call them out publicly in a post
  • Call them out in a PM and threaten to expose them
  • Report their posts to GaG and hope something is done about them
  • All of the above
  • Other (please explain)

Most Helpful Guy

What Guys Said 12

• I personally just ignore the catfish and the trolls, but if you're being antagonistic and/or offensive, then you're against the guidelines and I'm hiding that.

There are some smart trolls out there. Those are fine, some even interesting. But being abusive just isn't exactly the same.

• I enjoy them all. People can complain all they want, but they contribute to majority of the entertaining posts

• I never get involved to begin with hahaa.

• bee-tee-dubs if it is on your own question you can block anonymous users from your own question.

• I try and report them, it is the only way to stop it as no matter what, some people feed into it by accident and that only encourages them

• just report em :)

• They don't bother me at all. I'd actually have to give a sh*t what random Internet people think for them to bother me.

• Same way I handle SJWz.. ignore their opinions cuz they're the opinions of trash.. after all a lion doesn't pay attention to the opinions of sheep.

• I accept the fact that they exist.

• I always argue back.

• Just ingore them you get down voters a lot who basically don't have a clue to begin with

• i don't believe in trolls, people are too sensitive.

• They feed on your attention. So if you just deny them that then they have nothing to talk about.

What Girls Said 12

• If they're on anon, or blatantly a troll account, I ignore them.

If I get PMs from trolls, or creepy guys, I just send them fun animal facts until they give up.

• i don't really care about them to be honest..
    static1.gamespot.com/.../...2-9696401150-e8a.g.gif

• I usually just ignore them and their posts as long as it doesn't involve me or they're overly vulgar. Some of them try and message me- it's usually a dude catfishing. Google image search usually let's me know if they've just stolen a picture. I block/report people like that, of course I know a famous soccer player won't be messaging me out of nowhere, the catfish don't understand how ridiculous that sounds 😂

• I can't believe people would catfish :O Like unless they're gay I just wouldn't see the point of misleading a person :O

• The best thing to do is report them if they're breaking any of the site rules. Then block and ignore them.

• Yeah the site rules are pretty liberal. I'm glad, I think they should be. I think it's the anonymous posts that create most of the issues for me.

• It's true, there's some people that use anon wrongfully and spoil it for the people who genuinely want to be discrete when posting certain things.

• your problem is that u take all this ONLINE WORLD too serious..
    turn pc, phone off, go for a walk, meet friends and repeat to yourself.. THIS IS JUST INTERNET, MY REAL LIFE, FRIENDS AND PROBLEMS are in other part of my world..

• I really don't. I do understand your point though. It's just starting to get on my nerves because I thought (from the name of the site) that this was a place to come ask/answer questions that you might be too embarrassed (or not want to reveal) to ask your real friends.

It's not a big deal, and I can certainly turn it off. It's just annoying and somewhat disappointing.

• in an ideal world with ideal people it would be great here, unfortunately, everywhere u find good and bad...
      i am tired too, all i see are just sex question, ar rate me questions... i wa hoping to have more fun here, to share ideas, opinions about music, culture, fashion, gosspis, films, travelling, relation, food, recipes, men and women...
      all what is here are sex related questions from anonymous users or psychopath wanting to be rated 10-10... or attention whores asking how much they weigh... to be honest i think its getting worse and worse

• I hate the assholes on here. I either just ignore their ignorance or report them. I'm becoming a moderator so I can move posts and stuff like that.

• 😂 maybe u should stfu

• Maybe yoi should comment on current questions instead of months old ones.

Have a nice day :)

• just ignore them unless they're doing bad stuff

• Ignoring them and walking away is the best tactic

• For the most part I just ignore them.

• Become one of them :3